1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What KNIVES do you have inbound, part four.

Discussion in 'Knives' started by cowsmilk, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Elmiro Dungfoot

Elmiro Dungfoot Loaded Pockets

I'm sure you'll like the AD-10, Wanderer. It's one of the best 'big-uns' in my collection. I may have to grab a second specimen.

[​IMG]

xevious and wanderer16 like this.
  2. Lateck

Lateck Loaded Pockets

Not in bound now (received it Wednesday) my new Protech Whiskers 1(the smaller one). Phot with my Whiskers 2.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

3. timcyms
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

timcyms Loaded Pockets

CJRB Kicker arrived today with the recoil lock.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

THX2008, Lateck, twin63 and 2 others like this.
  4. Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen

Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen Loaded Pockets

Just received the MBK - EWC (Carbon Fiber) Detent open and close. 3 inches of M390, so lawful carry most everywhere. Ray Laconico design.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

from my S-A-M-S-U-N-G S9+ via T-A-P-A-T-A-L-K

THX2008, xevious, Lateck and 5 others like this.
  5. timcyms
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

timcyms Loaded Pockets

How long did it take until you were able to grab one? Been eyeing one for the past month or so.

6. Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen

Well, i had a notice on the website for a few months. Even still I got the very last one the next day after it dropped. Shipping took a month and a half to Norway because of corona. Smaller than I imagined, but that is for the better as it makes it the quintessential discreet gentleman's knife. This is my third Laconico, as I have two Keen's from Massdrop before the fall

timcyms likes this.
  7. ThaMac

ThaMac Loaded Pockets

Anyone knows what happened to Medford? Website is down since quite a while.

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener

8. 0880

0880 Loaded Pockets

I'm glad you were able to snag one. Are you able to flip it closed yet? It took me a bit of practice, and it was really quite the fidget toy for awhile.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

9. wanderer16

wanderer16 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    They say one thing leads to another and it often does. It did for me in this case. I was looking for a combat folder and found one in the Cold Steel Recon 1. However while researching that I kept coming across this Spydiechef in other knife reviews. It’s concept fits my lifestyle well as I spend a lot of time in the kitchen and since I cook I often find myself doing it in other peoples kitchens. The qualities of this folder, design and corrosion resistance as well as its feasibility as a regular edc just might make it ideal for me. I love Spydercos anyway and own a couple so this will be a good addition either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THX2008, xevious, garza and 6 others like this.
  10. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

yeah.. one thing leads to another.. I have a few incoming as well
    I was very careful in the beginning of the year, but seeing my work situation appear to be pretty stable and predictable atm, I guess it's time to get the economy going again.
    The Rexy Lil'Native started the show last week, and I have five more inbound.
    Almost ordered a Hinderer as well, which I've been really determined to do for a while, but I also have a feeling my interest has been shifting a bit lately, and chickened out.
    The ones actually coming are in a whole different ballpark; a mini bugout, Spyderco Salt 2, Buck 112, Victorinox Sportsman and Victorinox classic SD
    This might sound like a lot of random mindless consumption, but I actually put a lot of thought into these things. There is always an element of hit and miss with any acquisition, but unless you trow something at the wall you wont know what sticks. And the ones that fall down, I flip.

I am very much on the fence about the mini bugout, but as mentioned in the thread about reviewers we trust, Tony gave this a big thumbs up, so I'm giving it the benefit of doubt.
    Spyderco Salt 2, I believe could be a very good knife for my SAR kit. I've been a bit back and forth on this, but the Salt comes out as a good compromise between weight, blade shape, blade steel, price and availability. And from my experience, the combination of spydiehole and backlock is one of the most bomb-proof to operate under a wide range of conditions. Not the most exciting to fidget, but I got toys for that. Plain edge this time around. Might consider a SE version in the future if I see any indication of that being beneficial.
    The Buck 112... I kind of wanted to have the 110, just because that's the classic, but I am a small-knife person and ultimately I just think I'll be using something like a 112 more often. Everyone should have at least one of them, right?
    The Sportsman. I actually only have one SAK at the moment. It's the alox Cadet. In September last year I went on a kind of "very light weight" backpacking trip. It was light, but not quite what I would consider Ultra light weight. To keep with the theme, I carried the Cadet as my only knife and multitool. And it worked out beautifully for that kind of mountain hiking (high altitude and long distances, but sleeping in cabins instead of tent as we usually do). The Sportsman is my attempt to build on this experience, and get something that is very similar to the Cadet, but extending the capabilities just a little bit. I'm also getting the small flathead that goes into the cork screw. I picture this as both a standalone tool for very/ultra light backpacking and travel as well as a component in a more extensive modular system. More on that later, maybe
    The Classic SD is just to verify the usefulness of such small tools. I have a fair share of hesitation to be honest. If it's not for me I'll just gift it to someone I think could have more use for it. And at least I have learned something.

11. wanderer16

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These two showed up today. So far I am impressed with Cold Steel. All appear to be good knives suited to my needs.

12. Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen

Jup, with the index not with my thumb. A bit worried for the clip as it wanders off centre when I grip it for thumb opening tho

0880 likes this.
  13. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

Mostly, I am just trying to ignore some recent Kizer offerings... but they are making it very difficult.

<* Insert ":censored:you, Red Baron" meme *>

ATB,
    Sam

Moshe ben David likes this.
  14. HeadOffice

HeadOffice Loaded Pockets

It arrived today!!!
    [​IMG]

Elmiro Dungfoot, Lateck and garza like this.
  15. xevious

xevious Loaded Pockets

Nice choice! I've actually had my eye on this knife for a while, as my preferred Slysz Bowie is discontinued and never to return... this looks like a terrific alternative.

Moshe ben David and wanderer16 like this.
  16. timcyms
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

timcyms Loaded Pockets

Lefty Umnumzaan should have been delivered today. Had to run to the store and missed the delivery, so it's rescheduled for Monday

17. xevious

xevious Loaded Pockets

Anyone here know of Asher Knives? They're a relatively new knife company, formed in 2018. It's a small family operation. All the designing is done from Pennsylvania, with manufacturing done in Hong Kong under close supervision. They've got a small lineup at the moment, but have several new designs on the drawing board for release in August & October.

There's so little buzz about them at this point, but I stumbled upon a review, then checked out some details from Reddit. The quality of their pieces is really stunning for the price. Presently they have a 20% off (KNIFEDEALS20) for orders over $100.
    [​IMG]
    (by the way, the clip shown is the standard one. For just $5 more, you can upgrade to a deep carry clip that is superior--flattened edge for better comfort).

Last edited by xevious, Jul 18, 2020
    #5137 xevious, Jul 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
  18. wanderer16

I have had it for several days now and I really like it. I think it’s gonna make a great edc.

xevious and Moshe ben David like this.
  19. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

[​IMG]
    New arrival.

aloxide, Lateck, CV801 and 4 others like this.
  20. timcyms
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

timcyms Loaded Pockets

Left Handed Umnumzaan[​IMG]

xevious, CV801, THX2008 and 1 other person like this.