1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What KNIVES do you have inbound, part four.

Discussion in 'Knives' started by cowsmilk, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Elmiro Dungfoot

Elmiro Dungfoot Loaded Pockets

My Cold Steel Scout landed today! Another awesome winner from Cold Steel. This is the company's knock-around-version of the more-expensive 4 Max folder, for those who may not know about this blade. This edition comes in AUS-10 steel, 'gri-vex' slabs, and the Demko 'tri-ad' lock. Out-of-the-box, this knife was perfect in form, and function. Re-oriented it, for left-hand carry, added the obligatory lanyard, and oiled-it up for duty! Here are some snaps for your viewing pleasure:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

rdisom, Diezel, BC42 and 3 others like this.
  2. Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen

Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen Loaded Pockets

The completist in me says that is no comfort. But I got the v-toku2. I might be wrong, but I think that is the same kind of steel but improved. Corrodes easily though. So the lamination line shows [​IMG]

from my S-A-M-S-U-N-G S9+ via T-A-P-A-T-A-L-K

aicolainen likes this.
  3. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

Yup, I kinda knew that :)
    Had to mention it though, I think the "poor" performance of superblue surprised quite a few steel snobs

4. BC42

BC42 Loaded Pockets

I'm usually a Benchmade guy but I've been on a mission to try a few Spydercos for the last week and there was some collateral damage :)

I got my Esee 4 last week and it had me thinking about knives in general. I had a Para 3 and wasn't impressed with the compression lock but I thought it might be the shorter handle so I wanted to try a PM2. While doing some research, I came across the Manix 2 Cutlery Shoppe exclusive in S90V. The Manix 2 is another knife I was curious about since it's very close to an Axis lock so I ordered 2, thinking I could flip the other or both if I don't like them.Then I was on a hunt for a user PM2 but everything in the $100 range was sold in minutes.

I did manage to catch a used Esee Candiru for a great price. I also ordered a couple of cheap neck knives (Boker Magnum Lil Friend and MTech MT-673). These were the collateral damage.

Last night, I found the Bento Box Shop had a PM2 in M390 and blue G10, my favorite steel and color so I ordered it. Then this afternoon, I came across a post for the new PM2 in S45VN in stock for a very modest markup ($170) so naturally, I had to order it. My justification is that if I don't like them, I could sell them and not lose any money and maybe make a few bucks.

So that's what I have inbound :)

5. nmpops

nmpops Loaded Pockets

Gotta admit, I have gone knife nuts the last couple months. Part of the problem of being cooped up at home. I have picked up two 2 dot Buck 112's, a Camillus made Buck 301, a 1990 Buck 303, a Case 6318 Stockman w/Punch, a #6 Opinal and last and still enroute a Buck Alumni. I need to quit, didn't need any!

BC42, Moshe ben David and timcyms like this.
  6. timcyms
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

timcyms Loaded Pockets

Just saw there's a Mini RSK Mk1-G2 available now. Just ordered in black scales to match my full size one.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

7. jds1

jds1 Loaded Pockets

Vic Farmer on the way.

Jeff

Moshe ben David likes this.
  8. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Well :censored:! Collateral Damage indeed!

Am Yisrael Chai!

Moshe ben David

BC42 likes this.
  9. Moshe ben David

I'm protected/inhibited from incurring the sort of 'collateral damage' described by @BC42. Budget is always an issue but I usually get around it.... But now my spouse is back in the house, working from home, with an eagle eye on all and sundry. That is stress and a definite inhibitor.... Which I hate admitting but is what it is...

I guess I could use the excuse that all of my knife boxes are full and I'd need to get another one; but then that would leave most of another box to fill... and the cycle would repeat!

Grrrrrrr!

Am Yisrael Chai!

Moshe ben David

BC42, That Movie Guy and timcyms like this.
  10. nicknapp

nicknapp Loaded Pockets

Small Sebenza 31

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

BC42, jcombs, timcyms and 2 others like this.
  11. ThaMac

ThaMac Loaded Pockets

First?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. IMightBeWrong

IMightBeWrong Loaded Pockets

Plain Large Sebenza 31 for a new user. Ordered the only one I could find - no blue anodizing. Will do fine for my purposes.

13. nicknapp

nicknapp Loaded Pockets

Yes it is. I've been eyeing the sebenzas for a long time and have recently started selling off masses of stuff to fund having just a few really nice items that I enjoy. I've held off for a long time for fear of being underwhelmed, but it was time to try one.

BC42 and jcombs like this.
  14. jcombs

jcombs Loaded Pockets

Not knowing what you have owned in the past, I think you will like it. I bought a small 31 a few weeks ago and like it, not overwhelmed but not underwhelmed either. Adequately whelmed, maybe?

I also culled several to make room for it and happy with the decision, it’s a nice knife.

aicolainen and nicknapp like this.
  15. Elmiro Dungfoot

Elmiro Dungfoot Loaded Pockets

I haven't picked-up a SOG in years, the SEAL XR folder has changed-my-mind, and I want one.

[​IMG]

BC42 likes this.
  16. timcyms
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

timcyms Loaded Pockets

Ritter Mini-RSK Mk1-G2 by Hogue Knives arrived today. Pictures with the full size RSK Mk1-G2 and an original RSK Mk1 by Benchmade with Wilkins grips and a mini Griptillian.[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

17. ThaMac

ThaMac Loaded Pockets

Well, I’m curious about how you like it. For me it was an eye opener. My Sebenza was the first folding knife, that was what I wanted it to be.

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener

nicknapp likes this.
  18. nicknapp

nicknapp Loaded Pockets

After I have a few weeks with it, I'll prob post something in my edc thread

19. IMightBeWrong

IMightBeWrong Loaded Pockets

My Sebenza 31 with silver lugs from True North Knives should arrive tomorrow. Since I haven’t had a 21 in a while and they’re being discontinued I decided to grab one of those as well. Ordered a Knife Art Exclusive CF Insingo to keep the 31 company.

20. Moshe ben David

Silver 'lugs'? I'm being dense tonight. What are the lugs -- which part of the knife anatomy?

Am Yisrael Chai!

Moshe ben David

IMightBeWrong likes this.