1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What KNIVES do you have inbound, part four.

Discussion in 'Knives' started by cowsmilk, Oct 19, 2014.

1. dischu

dischu Loaded Pockets

Today I got the little brother of the Skrama from varusteleka.com, the Terävä Mini-Skrama (Skrama 80).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the Viper Larius. Fabrizio Silvestrelli design, carbon fibre handle scales, M390 blade, titanium backspacer and clip and made in Maniago, Italy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BC42

BC42 Loaded Pockets

Um... I may or may not have bought 12 BKCs in the past year... (mini-grip gifted to my nephew)
    [​IMG]

Thanks! The only reason I have the new bailout is because I found it listed on knifeswap for a great price ($175 shipped). After carrying the new one for a bit, I do like it a lot but I'm not a fan of coated blades. I have no interest in the mini bugout. I think the reg bugout is a great size but I can see the mini bugout being very popular in areas that have a 3" blade limit.

[​IMG]

3. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

@BC42 no knife length limits, I just like small knives. For edc I don’t need anything large, and the smaller ones carry more easily and often fit my hand better. Just subjective stuff. The Bugout though, is just smashing in regular size, which is why I held off initially, but after rave reviews from mr. shabazz and Tony S, I’m just too curious to not give it a try.

BC42, Moshe ben David and Tony Sal like this.
  4. Gogogordy

Gogogordy Loaded Pockets

Awaiting a trio of Mora Eldris’, one fer me and one fer each of my adult sons...a quasi Easter gift for the boys in this age of social distancing.

5. Diezel

Diezel Loaded Pockets

Just ordered a ZT 0350 and the punisher pocket clip(thanks again to @Elmiro Dungfoot )

Hagbard81 and Elmiro Dungfoot like this.
  6. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

You will love it I bet!

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Elmiro Dungfoot

Elmiro Dungfoot Loaded Pockets

The ZT 0350 is the perfect-size for summer EDC:

[​IMG]

8. BC42

BC42 Loaded Pockets

I hear ya. Sometiimes a smaller knife is a better option. That's one of the main reasons I picked up a Valet. I also wanted to try BKC's M390 steel, not that I'd abuse it. I can see how some people might think the Valet is too small and it almost is. They shrank the thumb stud and axis lock but it's still usable, IMO. It's almost the same size as the mini-grip but more narrow and thinner so it feels smaller overall.

This is my main edc rotation. The Socom elite is just because it's such a great knife even though it's huge.
    [​IMG]

Hagbard81, garza, ran23 and 3 others like this.
  9. ThaMac

ThaMac Loaded Pockets

Ad Socom: Didn’t look that big to me, but now I rather rethink buying one. Anyone has experience with a L.U.D.T.? Sigil seems to be questionable from what I read.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hagbard81 likes this.
  10. 0880

0880 Loaded Pockets

Just curious, what's questionable about the Sigil?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S10+

11. ThaMac

ThaMac Loaded Pockets

AFAIK there are issues with the construction. Not sure where, I can’t find it anymore, but it seems it’s just not ideally designed. But if anyone has one and want to correct me, I’d be happy to read about.

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener

12. 0880

0880 Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the response. I have two Sigil MK6 models, one with apocalyptic finish w/carbon fiber over - travel stop, and a full carbon fiber handle version with a light stonewash finish.

I find both to be well constructed with nice flipper actions. Both can also be opened conventionally using the thumb hole. Machining is also very well done on both models.

I did own a custom version for a short time. It was quite a bit smaller with that spring loaded clip that didn't really work well. If what you read is concerning the clip on that model, than I agree. The clip is the reason I sold that knife.

If you can remember what you read then I could comment on that specifically, but other than that I think it's a great knife. I will say that it's a little longer than I prefer, but still a comfortable carry. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S10+

Hagbard81, xevious, BC42 and 3 others like this.
  13. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

I'm glad you posted the pics. Before this thread I hadn't been aware of these. Nice looking knives!

Other than that, I can't add to this discussion. Sorry 'bout that.

Am YIsrael Chai!

Moshe ben David

0880 likes this.
  14. BC42

BC42 Loaded Pockets

The socom isn't that big once you handle it. I've had no issues carrying it. I usually like tip-up carry but tip-down on this knife works great. I sold the auto because the manual just makes more sense (and I can carry it).

I also have a LUDT. I can't carry it b/c of local laws (can own autos, can't carry). It would be a good edc for urban/light use. The blade is a slicer like the Bugout.

I don't have a Sigil but haven't heard anything bad about it. I also want a Cypher just because it's cool looking but I have absolutely no use for it.

[​IMG]

15. jds1

jds1 Loaded Pockets

CRKT LCK and CRKT Bev-Edge.

Jeff

Hagbard81 likes this.
  16. Moshe ben David

Just placed an order with Silver Knights for one of their special versions of Buck knives. I ordered the 'Silver Fox', which has a blade of CPM20CV, nickel silver bolsters, and micarta covers instead of the usual... Shipping (USPS Priority) is included in the price. Also they have a special deal going with a 10% discount code. PM and I'll share....

website: https://www.skblades.com/product-page/the-silver-fox

I had a question from the website; emailed Sunday and received a response today from Stephen Ward who I believe is the owner? Regardless, responsiveness was outstanding.

btw, the 'Silver Fox' got great review by Nick Shabazz ; Nick also reviewed another customized Buck by these folks, the 'Goodfella':

Slicey Dicey has also reviewed one of their products, the 'Gray Ghost' (variant on the Buck Marksman):

Am Yisrael Chai!

Moshe ben David

xevious, Hagbard81, 0880 and 4 others like this.
  17. Hagbard81

Hagbard81 Loaded Pockets

Just buy one, you won't regret it :smile_coffee:

My first knife purchase of the year, arrived today:
    [​IMG]

18. Moshe ben David

Would be interesting to see if any design personnel at Microtech and/or Kershaw ever worked together... handle of this and the Kershaw Blur seem to have a touch of familial resemblance! ;)

Am Yisrael Chai!

Moshe ben David

xevious and Lateck like this.
  19. EMarkM

EMarkM Loaded Pockets

Mrs. EMarkM has just ordered a Victorinox Fisherman for my birthday ❤️

Only a few weeks until I’ll be able to play with it.

I’m really looking forward to the fish scaling tool, not for its intended purpose, but as a measure and general prodding tool.

Was going to get it for last Christmas, but the SwissChamp was available at such a good price that I got that instead at the time.

20. ThaMac

ThaMac Loaded Pockets

My budget only allows for one knife atm. So either my pocket gets a Microtech or my kitchen a Miyabi 5000

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener