1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What KNIVES do you have inbound, part four.

Discussion in 'Knives' started by cowsmilk, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Hagbard81

Hagbard81 Loaded Pockets

It only works in the open position and there is totaly no need for an additional safety lock when the knife is closed. The detent is strong, the liner lock as well, the blade won't leave the handle unintentionally. But the action is still very smooth.

The additional lock blocks the liner in the open position to prevent it to move to the left side and to fail. Seems to be a very safe and secure solution when maximal lock strength is needed.
    Not locked:
    [​IMG]
    Locked:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

#4881 Hagbard81, Dec 4, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  2. xevious

xevious Loaded Pockets

Thanks for that info. Sounds like a nice security feature to further bolster the liner lock. I have a Swiss Army (Victorinox) Skipper multi-tool that has a locking blade (unlike usual slip joints found on such SAK tools). It's automatically engaged when blade is extended, kicking in within the last 10 degrees of open. Totally rigid. The spring loaded lock switch moves a pin out of position, releasing the lock on the blade (as can be seen inside the body). I guess it's similar to an axis-lock, but not of a design that conflicts with the Benchmade patent.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Lateck

Lateck Loaded Pockets

Just received a Honey Badger Wharncleaver in D2.
    @streak got me into it. I am very, very happy. Nice blade, very light and smooth.

streak likes this.
  4. xevious

xevious Loaded Pockets

Terrific for cutting up turkey meat. ;)

5. Matt4370

Matt4370 Loaded Pockets

Benchmade mini Vallation. Hope it lives to my expectations. Selling my Adamas and manix2 so, fingers crossed.

6. Elmiro Dungfoot

Elmiro Dungfoot Loaded Pockets

Well, I actually have one out-bound to my brother. He's an old Navy squid like myself, and he lost his blade somewhere. So he wanted a moderately-priced blade for an Xmas present. He always carries a primary-arm, and carries a knife to augment it. So, I have a Cold Steel SR1 enroute to his house. All my Cold Steel's have been top-notch, so I hope he likes it.

[​IMG]

7. xevious

xevious Loaded Pockets

I thought I was done with knife buying for the year. Had to sneak in just one more. Found a fairly decent deal on a lightly used Spyderco. The iconic Spyderco design doesn't do much for me with the "frog eye" cutout in the blade. But this one... sorta drew me in. Felt like the least I could do is try it out... and return if it's not my thing (seller has a no questions asked return policy). Stock photo:
    [​IMG]
    Should have it in about a week.

ran23, Lateck and Elmiro Dungfoot like this.
  8. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

@xevious: ^^ given that that knife comes out of the Spyderco Taichung facility I once upon a time thought it would be a nice knife to own also -- that plant has a great reputation for fit and finish, etc. I was concerned that the blade geometry would make sharpening a challenge and finally decided I could live without it. I for one will be real curious to see what you think of it once you have it 'in hand'!

Hope you love it and use it well and in good health for many many years!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

xevious likes this.
  9. Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen

Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen Loaded Pockets

I feel complete...[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

from my S-A-M-S-U-N-G S9+ via T-A-P-A-T-A-L-K

Lateck, THX2008, aicolainen and 6 others like this.
  10. Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen

I feel upside down...

xevious and That Movie Guy like this.
  11. xevious

xevious Loaded Pockets

Hey Moshe, I'd thought about that too, the sharpening aspect. But, I don't plan on using the knife a tremendous amount. It wouldn't be an EDC for me. Something to carry on occasion. But, that could change. I did get it and I'm very impressed.

Some things I appreciate about this knife:
    • Ergonomics -- handle is wonderfully contoured. Your fingers fit perfectly within the two arcs. Everything is cambered & smoothed off. There's no thumb stud or choil to get in your way. No jimping required on the blade back because of the steep contour. Clip is super tight, but also finished off with no hot spots.
    • Liner lock -- the liner moves well into position, completely covered by the blade back end. There isn't a handle groove cut for it, so there's no chance in accidental disengagement.
    • Action -- you can see at about 10 degrees, the liner stages into position, then in the full extension snaps into locked place. When the blade is returned, within a few millimeters, there's a "close assist", springing into full closure. No way will blade slip out by accident. The blade is tight, but not enough to prevent a good flick open. No "grit" at all, totally smooth.
    • Aesthetics -- the machining is top notch. Brushed steel gleams beautifully. The carbon fiber inserts are completely flush and seamless, and show off nice depth as you angle it in bright light.
    • Weight -- it's substantial for such a small knife, but not unduly heavy. It makes for a solid, luxurious feel.
    Glad I finally joined the Spyderco club.

Last edited by xevious, Dec 14, 2019
    #4891 xevious, Dec 14, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  12. tensixteen

tensixteen Loaded Pockets

13. Elmiro Dungfoot

I couldn't fight-it. The price was one-of-the-best I've seen this-year. So I ordered a Cold Steel 4 Max, as a gift to myself. I liked the AD-10 so-much, and figured: why not? Never seen the 4 Max's under $250 dollars before, so I ordered it! What can I say? I'm a knife guy.:cool:

[​IMG]

I ordered the Italian-version of the 4 Max. It had better fit-and-finish, among all the reviews.

[​IMG]

14. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

Nice, but it seems like you need a Clyde in your life

That Movie Guy likes this.
  15. Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen

Nah. I did not like the Clyde. Too square and boxy. These melt into you hand

from my S-A-M-S-U-N-G S9+ via T-A-P-A-T-A-L-K

16. BigGreenTick

BigGreenTick Loaded Pockets

Just ordered a SOG Terminus XR. Somehow it had escaped my notice until now...

[​IMG]

17. Elmiro Dungfoot

Nice-looking blade BGT! I was looking-hard at the SOG SEAL XR myself; but it's still on my radar. ;)

18. Elmiro Dungfoot

Since I like all-things knife-related, I had this neat-little Boker cup sent to me. I had to have it, to go with my other knife-company mugs. It compliments my Boker Camp Knife rather well; don't you think?

[​IMG]

19. CV801

CV801 Loaded Pockets

This should arrive today. Merry Christmas to me!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diezel, Lateck, Mabrowns and 5 others like this.
  20. Elmiro Dungfoot

Lambert has always been one of my favorite custom knife-makers. Beautiful blade!

CV801 likes this.