1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What KNIVES do you have inbound, part four.

Discussion in 'Knives' started by cowsmilk, Oct 19, 2014.

1. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

If you like the Rambler, check out the Manager. It's the same knife, but it has a slightly thicker scale in lieu of the toothpick scale with a slide out pen for quick notes. I almost always have one on my person (mainly for the scissors, file, and pen).

Don't bother with the Midnite Manager, though. The flashlight is too dim to be useful and the battery door and battery fall out too easily.

2. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

Tesla's right. Let's get this knife thread back on track and stay away from political discussions. If you wish to discuss flags, please start a separate thread in the Breakroom.

jimmiewalker and ccwaters like this.
  3. Moco

Moco Loaded Pockets

CRKT Kasper.

4. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Couple of Rough Riders from SMKW:

1) Large (4.375") Moose with stag handles; clip blade and 'skinner' blade

2) Large (4.126") 'Cotton Sampler' with Ram's Horn handle. Sorta kinda sorta looks like a barlow but with one of the strangest blade shapes I've ever seen. Rather 'bulbous' . Which is why I ordered it -- plenty of belly on this blade! LOL

Besides, one of the attractions of Rough Rider knives is that they're not expensive, which makes it fun to acquire some that are markedly different than the usual Case etc. I haven't received a badly made one or dull blade yet!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

5. COfastwrx

COfastwrx Loaded Pockets

6. CJinPa
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

CJinPa Loaded Pockets

:conjoined-twins:

Congrats, that is very, very nice. Where did you pick that up from?

COfastwrx likes this.
  7. Gary Gross

Gary Gross Loaded Pockets

That one is on my short list.

COfastwrx likes this.
  8. Gary Gross

Gary Gross Loaded Pockets

9. 9x19

9x19 Loaded Pockets

I picked up one of their Cotton Samplers awhile back. Like you I have a few Rough Rider knives and the only issue I've had was a loose shield on this one. (quickly fixed with a bit of glue~didn't realize I'd got a speck on the blade until I looked at the pic. It cleaned up fine).

[​IMG]

#4229 9x19, May 14, 2018
    Last edited: May 14, 2018
    Moshe ben David likes this.
  10. COfastwrx

COfastwrx Loaded Pockets

Thanks it speaks to me, I live in CO and love doing astrophotography in the mountains. I picked it up from Edgeworks Knife & Supply. He got one in and posted in the CRK FB page so I snagged it.

It has been on mine for quite some time as well. It look a little extra time to find this one as a large.

Gary Gross likes this.
  11. Buckeye Jake

Buckeye Jake Loaded Pockets

Got a christy knife coming . Why ? Its a eighty year old design made right in ohio. And not very expense .

Jake

Moshe ben David likes this.
  12. Moshe ben David

Welcome to the club! Mine will show up in my rotation eventually...;). I thought of putting it on my key chain, but I always have blades in my pocket or on me anyway...!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

13. CJinPa
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

CJinPa Loaded Pockets

I have been wanting a copper Zieba S4 for a while. I just ordered one this morning.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

qualitycarry likes this.
  14. Moshe ben David

Well, these arrived yesterday.

The Moose is a beast. Large, sharp blades. Great backspring. Carrying this is going to be 'almost' like having two Case BackPocket knives on me at the same time. LOL. Rough Rider uses 440A steel so I am reasonably sure it isn't as good as the Case TruSharp. But on the strength of my other Rough Rider knives I am sure it will give me good service for my needs.

The 'Cotton Sampler' is also a beast. But I'm not thrilled with it. The blade is not butter knife dull, but it doesn't seem to be quite as sharp as my other Rough Rider knives. Add to this the roughness of the 'ram's horn' handle, plus the (for me at least) unusual shape of the blade and I'm not really enamored. I'm also wondering what sharpening this thing would be like... So.... I've called SMKW and gotten an RMA. I think I'm sending it back. Why think? Depends on what shipping will cost. Knife only cost me $12.99; so economics may play a role. But I am certain this one isn't my cup of tea. I'm not blaming Rough Rider. I don't think it is defective. Just not my thing.

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

15. Cannonball

Cannonball Loaded Pockets

I checked out Rough Rider after seeing the above posts. Picked up this unique looking Texas toothpick

[​IMG]

Last edited by Cannonball, May 18, 2018
    #4235 Cannonball, May 18, 2018
    Last edited: May 18, 2018
  16. Moshe ben David

Coming from Blade HQ:

1) Case Copperlock, 4.25"; Corn Cob Jigged Burnt Indigo; SS blade

2) Remington 2012 LE Baby Bullet; 3" Green Bone. Basically a Jack Knife or some might say Barlow style; 3" clip point and slightly smaller (in the site picture) spey blades. Stated as US made; 440 steel...

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

17. SOS24
    • +2 Supporter

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

I’m beginning to think I may never get my Benchmade Vector. I ordered it knowing it was a 2-4 week wait. Now after six weeks, UPS says they delivered it but who knows where because it wasn’t to my house.

18. ThaMac

ThaMac Loaded Pockets

Sorry, that sucks. But put as much pressure as possible on UPS. Ask for proof of delivery, signature, etc. We (work) had that with three iPads (said they had been delivered). After pushing as hard as possible, one of their drivers showed up and wanted to just causally drop them off. When asked he said, he found the package in the car, from a few days ago. But yeah, they even sent a “signature” of the hand over. Suckers.

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener

19. SOS24
    • +2 Supporter

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

I’m contacting the seller and going to see if they get some results. UPS says they left it at the front door, which isn’t the case. I was in the house at the time they said they delivered it and no one ever knocked. Plus, my dog hears and lets me know whenever anyone is in my driveway (let alone the front door) and he never barked. So I’m convinced they didn’t come, unfortunately, that doesn’t get me my knife.

#4239 SOS24, May 19, 2018
    Last edited: May 19, 2018
  20. ThaMac

ThaMac Loaded Pockets

If you don’t permit them to drop the package off, w/o signature, they are not allowed to, imho. So ask them when, where, and how you permitted to just drop it off?

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener

SOS24 likes this.