1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What KNIVES do you have inbound, part four.

Discussion in 'Knives' started by cowsmilk, Oct 19, 2014.

1. MAD777

MAD777 Loaded Pockets

Boker Plus Griploc by Grant & Gavin Hawk.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2. maliboo74

maliboo74 Loaded Pockets

Just picked up a Hinderer XM-18 Spanto Harpoon. Added the bone linen micarta scale. Put up my tanto harpoon fatty in my for sale thread!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. 425KRS

425KRS Loaded Pockets

Right now I have these on the way: small sebenza 21 insingo, spyderco leaf storm, and a spyderco domino (bento box w/ blue g10 and CTS-204p). And also have 5 knives pre-ordered from knifecenter (4 spyderco and 1 cold steel). No idea when those might ship, hopefully soon though!

4. Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen

Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen Loaded Pockets

Received this week[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

balder77, aicolainen, Dombe and 3 others like this.
  5. theclap1

theclap1 Empty Pockets

DPX HEST Original

[​IMG]

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

#3565 theclap1, Feb 16, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    huntnow likes this.
  6. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

A couple from Newt Livesay.[​IMG]

7. Ray Loftis

Ray Loftis Loaded Pockets

Received this today . This is my fist Case knife ever. I may start edc this for awhile.
    2004 Trapper
    Awesome price. The other side is natural bone and says "We the People"[​IMG][​IMG]

Gary Gross and Moshe ben David like this.
  8. theclap1

theclap1 Empty Pockets

Got these last week
    [​IMG]

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

9. aasoverteakettle

aasoverteakettle Loaded Pockets

Well I'll be damned. I ordered this Katsu Higo over 2.5 months ago. Was super bummed when the seller said that the shipper lost it. I did appreciate the refund hitting my account, bonus $, but I didn't get my new knife. Imagine my surprise when I returned to the office from a week-long trip to NOLA to find this at my desk. Nothing in life is free, and you should get what you pay for. I'd like to think I did something good that I don't recall in order to afford me this bonus. I don't believe in a higher power, but I believe in positivity and good intentions bringing good outcomes for myself and others. So I thank the logistical mistakes of the shipper for my free knife and the good intentions of the seller for my refund.
    [​IMG]

10. ThaMac

ThaMac Loaded Pockets

Our POV obviously differs. When I had something similar happen to me, I informed the seller and repaid them. They would not have known, but I thought it's just fair to pay for what I got. Call me stupid if you Ike.

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener.

11. aasoverteakettle

I wouldn't call anyone stupid. They didn't give me a chance to repurchase after I sent them a note. Their immediate reply was an apology and refund, which was fair. Honestly, I'm not about to pay to ship this knife back since the original shipping wait was a month long(!) and I simply never received what originally I paid for at the time of refund. This transaction was complete long ago. I had cash and time to do this 3 months ago. That's not the case now, nor was it the case when they refunded my money 2 months ago. If I wanted to reorder, I would have. I effectively did not order this knife as of today. I'm not paying for something I didn't order. The right thing may be for me to send it back because I don't wish to buy it now. But let me ask you this: if a for-profit organization withheld $50 from you for over a month with no interest paid and required 1 unpaid hour of your time, would the right thing to do be to give them more of your time and money to help them right their mistake?

12. farnorthdan
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

farnorthdan Loaded Pockets

More spydies of course, Barong and Urban K390

SV-97 likes this.
  13. Gogogordy

Gogogordy Loaded Pockets

Well, without getting into the different sides of the morality of this shipping clusterchuck let me just say congrats and ship happens! Oh, cool piece too.

14. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

@aasoverteakettle: Sorry. Seems to me the seller acted very ethically based on your description of events; once shipper told them item was lost in transit they refunded your money. Often times, by (amongst other things) Geneva accords, once an item is consigned to a shipper, a seller is no longer under obligation . In fact, here in the US, that little tidbit is how the TSA identifies their right to open checked luggage for inspection without the airline passenger being present!

So on that basis, to me the ethical thing to do would be to notify the supplier that the knife finally arrived. If you don't have liquidity to send funds immediately, work out an arrangement with the seller. Who knows? They might just say no sweat, fuggedaboutit. But that would be their call.

Just my take.

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

15. Gooner

Gooner Loaded Pockets

Just picked this up, [​IMG]Sanrenmu 7056LUP-SK nice little knife[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16. aasoverteakettle

It's funny how everyone becomes a saint when faced with someone else's moral dilemma. I did the right thing, as did they. The transaction ended and I received a knife anyway. I'm not here to debate my moral foundations. I am a gracious person, and even though I was extremely frustrated with the purchase process of this knife (especially the 1 month shipping transit time), I never raised a ruckus over this. Maybe I am making the wrong decision, but I am not responsible for the mistakes of others. And I'm especially not willing to pay more money and give up more time for someone else's mistakes. If you pay for something and do not receive that thing, it's your responsibility to take action. I paid the seller, the seller paid the shipper.

In the case of this knife, I chose to followup with the seller (remember, I paid the seller for shipping costs), and I got a refund for the money I paid the seller. If the seller chose to get a refund from the shipper, that's between them. If the shipper actually delivers an item that they previously lost, meaning that they are so bad at their job that they don't know when they are actually doing their job, is that my responsibility?

If you make a mistake in life, it's nobody's fault or responsibility but your own. Sometimes you benefit, sometimes you lose, that's life. Is it my responsibility to assist the seller and shipper in doing the job I already paid them for? No. I don't know the small print of the Geneva Accord (doesn't seem very applicable to my situation, but I don't know for sure so I won't deny it), but the seller hires the shipper. Therefore the seller is responsible for ensuring that the shipper does their job. If the buyer (me) hired the shipper, then it would be my responsibility to ensure delivery of my purchase. To say that the seller is not responsible for the package once they hand it over to the shipper does not consider the fact that the seller hires the shipper. The seller is taking money from the buyer, a portion of that money is allocated to the shipper whom the seller hired. To me, that is the definition of obligation. When you insert yourself as a middleman of a transaction, you are automatically obligated to ensure the success of that transaction.

Sorry to hijack the thread and get debatey. Actually, I'm not sorry, I love getting debatey.

#3576 aasoverteakettle, Feb 23, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    Moshe ben David and Gogogordy like this.
  17. ThaMac

ThaMac Loaded Pockets

Alright, this is the last time I'll talk about this. First and foremost, no one is trying to take the moral high ground here. You told what you did, I said how I did. That's about that.

About your question: A) how much interest would you get paid for $50 for 30 days? At 3% p.A. that's about $ 0.125 if I am not mistaken. B) As for the time I only want to think about the hours it takes all of us to find THE knife on the internet (or similar). So spare me that idea. C) It was not the merchants mistake and if you think about it, just a delay. A long one, but still. And last but not least D) you compare two situations which are, from my POV, not similar. However, I still answered and will answer your last point, yes I would and I did.

It's too easy for all of us to judge someone else about their mistakes. It might be harder and foolish to help and hopefully make them realize, that it's good to be supportive. Because one day, $hit will hit the fan standing next to you. Right there and then it feels good if someone has your back. Just like that. Am I an idiot? Maybe. Do i care? Not the least.

End of story for me.

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener.

18. Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen

Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen Loaded Pockets

Received today. It is finished! With this blue I have all five colours of Pioneer X that I know of[​IMG]

19. Wolf427

Wolf427 Loaded Pockets

Moshe ben David likes this.
  20. Wolf427

Wolf427 Loaded Pockets

Oh and a Manly Patriot:
    [​IMG]