1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What kind of watch do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Watches' started by Lee1959, Jun 29, 2006.

1. rik

rik Loaded Pockets

Actually, that is my own photo. And no, they're not that bright, unless you take a nice long exposure photo to let them glow, and then fire the flash at the end. I've documented the procedure on here a couple of times, but I can't resist posting the image :)

In response to mossyoak - yes, they're all on the same internals, from a limited number of factories.

2. mossyoak

mossyoak Loaded Pockets

who makes the watches for KHS, traser, and luminox?

3. EODtech

EODtech Loaded Pockets

Jim,

Is it the Seiko " Monster "

Did you get it at a USA dealer or order it from Asia?

thanx

4. rik

rik Loaded Pockets

Good question. I have no idea. Check out specopswatch.com, and ask them. Ther English is very good, really.

5. CY

CY Loaded Pockets

this reminds of the black Monster I sold for cheap ($55) ... in a moment of weakness.

6. mossyoak

mossyoak Loaded Pockets

$55? crazy.

7. CY

CY Loaded Pockets

yep... sold my old black monster for $55 to someone in UK...

he was pretty happy!

8. mossyoak

mossyoak Loaded Pockets

bet you werent after you snapped out of it.

9. znapschatz

znapschatz Loaded Pockets

Timex Expedition. Cheap ($13 when I bought it 3 years ago), easy to read analog face, date window, lights up when needed, water resistant to 50m. It loses 12 seconds a year, the most accurate and durable watch I ever owned. Available almost anywhere watches are sold, it is easy to replace. So far, it hasn't even needed a battery after 3 years. This is the second one I have owned. The first one took a new battery and is still running.

I just LOVE :hug: stuff that works great and also just about the cheapest around.

10. luigi

luigi Loaded Pockets

I understand this is a question about style and not about specific watches.

I prefer Digital or Ana/Digi over just analog watches.
    I like modern look & feel and many functions, the more the better.

Luigi

11. Inner Prop

Inner Prop Loaded Pockets

:iagree: Another vote for Timex Expedition. I"m on my second one too. I don't remember what happened to my first one, but I'm sure it wasn't watch failure. I'm on my third or fourth band though.

I wore my Expedition the whole time I was in Afghanistan. We were on Zulu time (GMT), but Afghan local time is 41/2 hours ahead of GMT (I guess the country is too poor to afford a whole hour time zone) so I set the digital window at local and the analog at Zulu. Then I set the second digital timezone for CST (so I knew when I could call home).

I love the ability to glance down at an analog watch and see about what time it is, while retaining things like a simple stopwatch, alarm and countdown timer. I also love having the day of the week on there too. You can't get that from one of those little windows with just the number of the day of the month.

It's so reliable that when the power goes out in the house I always set the clocks back by this watch.

12. tinkerer

tinkerer Loaded Pockets

I like diver watches since my military days. Its not because I'm a diver, but they hold up in rough use. The seiko 200m professional I bought in the early eighties is still working fine. the issued watches were a joke, I broke numerous issue watches. The supply sargent was getting peeved from all the returns ;D. I think they were Hamiltons or Yale Stockdales, most had cracked crystals or fogged up. I tried a G shock digital when they came out but wasn't too happy with all the modes. Finally broke down and shelled out around 300 buck for the seiko. That was a lot of money for a PFC in eighties dollars :(. No regrets and after all this time, its still my favorite. My wife calls it "that horse choking watch" :rolleyes:

13. SRT150

SRT150 Loaded Pockets

I prefer automatic watches with "silver" (Ti or stainless) cases. Chronograph, Diver, or Pilot, as long as it's at least 100m water reststant- I'm in. Various dial colors are cool too. Of course I'm not limited to Autos; I often wear a quartz (analogue or digital) to work. I guess I'm just a watch junkie-I love them all! ;D

14. Lifesaver

Lifesaver Empty Pockets

I like Seikos also. I still have a Seiko automatic that I got when I enlisted in '75. It was a gift from the recruiting station that I'd spent two years working. It still works great. I bought a Seiko diver's watch when I got to Germany. I still have that one too. When I moved on to other endeavors in the military, I got a Rolex Submariner. Everyone else was wearing GMTs. I wanted something different. My ex thought she needed that darned white powder up her nose more than I needed my Sub. So, it disappeared one day. She followed it not long after. My current wife got me a Rolex 50th Anniversary Submariner for Christmas last year. (She's going to have a hard time topping that this year. LOL) That watch is my EDC. I don't take it off even in the shower (not that I need to). Like her, this watch and I are in it for the long haul.

15. coloradogps

coloradogps Loaded Pockets

My all time favorite is a Rolex Submariner with Date.

Expensive, but worth it.

Attached Files:

16. NeverReady

NeverReady Loaded Pockets

i have read reports that luminox is going cheapo these days with the internals going to other factories other than the orginal mb-microtech. mb-microtech are the people making the tritium and making the trasers and KHS, and maybe the luminoxes.

mine traser says mb-microtech on the back.

17. mossyoak

mossyoak Loaded Pockets

my luminox 3100 series says MB-Microtech on the back and the movement is a ronda 715. its crazy accurate hasnt lost a second yet and its been going nonstop since BLADE (early may) i havent messed with it to switch time zones or anything its in trials so to say.

18. jnathan

jnathan Loaded Pockets

Try searching google for Railroad watches. They're more affordable than you might think.

19. Rah14

Rah14 Empty Pockets

Preferably with all hours labeled and good glow-in-the-dark ability.

20. Sharpone

Sharpone Empty Pockets

I prefer automatic watches, tho at times it is not as convenient as a battery-operated watch as you kind of have to wear it everyday or risk having the power drain down to zero. Seeing the mechanics through the back glass of my automatic watch is pretty sweet though!