1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What kind of strap for Victorinox's "Original"

Discussion in 'Watches' started by mvelimir, Aug 4, 2011.

1. mvelimir

mvelimir Guest

I have ordered online Vicotrinox "Original" in all black and it's arriving this Saturday. I had a chance to look at the watch at the Dillards and didn't like the leather/nylon strap at all. I will like to replace it asap, but don't know what will be a good strap and where to look for them. This watch needs 18mm strap...

http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/productimage/A07L_1_20110629_3417766.jpg

I will greatly appreciate any input and suggestions. Thanks!

2. karlito

karlito Loaded Pockets

3. mvelimir

mvelimir Guest

Thanks. These look nice. Kinda exactly what I had in mind. Black with white or red stitching...

4. Marlinaholic

Marlinaholic Loaded Pockets

International Watch man is a good guy to deal with, his Zulu's quality actually surpasses other brands that cost twice as much.

5. stauffac

stauffac Loaded Pockets

I have that watch on a maratac silicone deployment strap. It's very comfortable.

6. mvelimir

mvelimir Guest

I ordered few leather watchbands from IW. Really nice people to do business with. They noticed that my order included one that is listed as 18mm, but they don't carry it so they called me to let me know. So many other companies will send you whatever just so they can bill you, but not IW.

stauffac - Those silicone straps are 20mm, did you cut the edges to make them fit 18mm on this watch?

7. AirMech74

AirMech74 Loaded Pockets

I've got mine on a Maratac Zulu

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Narcosynthesis

Narcosynthesis Loaded Pockets

The most important question is what look you are wanting with your watch...

A zulu or nato band work brilliantly as a comfortable and reliable band, but are not overly smart looking - much more of a 'field watch' look than 'dress watch'.

If you would prefer something smarter then a leather band may work - there are many different styles and types of leather band out there, so there may be an alternative to the stock band that would suit you.

For something inbetween perhaps a sailcloth type strap might suit, or something like the Maratac elite for a fairly good blend of being both smart and casual.

9. stauffac

stauffac Loaded Pockets

I've got mine on a black silicone maratac deployment strap. I love it. I picked mine up at an REI scratch & dent sale for $5

10. mvelimir

mvelimir Guest

Right now I have it with black leather and white stitching from IW (Hamilton Khaki in black). I think it looks nice and it feels good. I need something more universal and bit dressier so this works pretty well. Definitely better than the original watchband.

11. mvelimir

mvelimir Guest

Here are few pictures with above mentioned leather Hamilton strap:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]