1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What kind of holster?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Uprightman, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Uprightman

Uprightman Loaded Pockets

I'm thinking about getting a new left handed holster for my Walther ppq m2 9mm. I tried the whole iwb thing with an alien gear and its okay, but I'm not sold on iwb. I was looking at the stealth gear USA flex, but wanted to see what you folks thought. I have a Clark fork leather owb holster, and I like it, but feel like it sags away from my body more than I like.

2. radir68

radir68 Empty Pockets

I have found that with OWB holster a good gun belt is a must. Also match the slots or loops of the holster to the width of the belt. I Like to carry IWB in the summer but prefer OWB in the winter.

twin63 likes this.
  3. Uprightman

I'm currently wearing a 5.11 leather concealed carry belt.

4. rbent

rbent Loaded Pockets

I picked up an Alien Gear OWB holster awhile ago for a Glock, not very impressed with it, I wouldn't just write off IWB carry with Alien Gear holsters as being the only experience. I won't tally up how much money I've spent on holsters, but it'd buy another carry gun or two. A quality belt is a must though with any holster, and not all belts are equal, especially carry belts. I use to run a Milt Sparks leather gun belt, switched to a Ares one and like it lots more.

5. Zebulon

Zebulon Loaded Pockets

Don't base your IWB experience on Alien Gear. Their holsters are kind of junk. Find a good custom kydex maker and have them build you a holster. It's a night and day difference. I really like working with Gabe with Knowledge Skill Gear holsters. I just ordered my fifth holster (plus three mag carriers) from him.

6. Uprightman

I was poking around on google, and found clinger holsters. I couldn't find any bad reviews on them, and I figured for almost half of the other brands I'd give them a go. I ordered the Stingray, figured that would at least give me some insight into the all kydex type before I spent more money. I was looking at the Bravo Concealment options as well. I'm also looking at picking up a browncoat tactical edc belt to supplement if not replace my leather 5.11 belt.

twin63 likes this.
  7. Telstar

Telstar Loaded Pockets

the closest fitting holster I have ever used is a cobra from concealment solutions. awesome holster

8. Il Duce

Il Duce Loaded Pockets

Bravo concealment

9. spectre007

spectre007 Loaded Pockets

You should try out Dara Holsters. Ive bought a few from them. Everything from them has been top notch quality. Like the usuals, there is a bout a 6 week wait time.