1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What is your MOST CARRIED edc knife, or knives?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by cutter17, Sep 13, 2008.

1. ufox9al

ufox9al Loaded Pockets

I rotate my bigger SAKs/Swisstools for EDC, but my Vic. Rambler is always with me.

2. jzmtl

jzmtl Loaded Pockets

Spyderco Centofante 3. I tried other knives but keep coming back to this one. Also have a Vic compact on keychain that's with my all the time. At home thou it's a Gerber EAB so I can cut all sorts of crap in the yard and not worry about it.

3. outdoorsman1911

outdoorsman1911 Loaded Pockets

Skeletool on side pocket with clip.

SAK Soldier dangling on a length of spectracord, inside pants next to the boys.

4. Mister Scribble

Mister Scribble Loaded Pockets

Don't sit down too quickly... :(

5. frankinaug

frankinaug Loaded Pockets

Front right pocket is always either a Benchmade Benchmite or a Boker Wharcom.

Left rear pocket rotates a bit more but the two that find the most carry time are my Bradley Alias II and my G10 with S30v blade steel Kershaw leek although a Auto Benchmade does sneak in from time to time.

6. Hephaestus

Hephaestus Empty Pockets

I like to carry a ~3” folder clipped to the inside of the waist-band of my pants (near my right kidney). I dislike pocket carry because the knife gets in the way of my retrieving coins or keys. The best knife I've found for carry in that position is the Spyderco native, because of its flat profile and lack of a thumb stud, and that is what is with me almost all of the time. I suppose a Caly 3 would be equally comfortable but a better cutter on account of it's flatter blade, but the native hasn't given me any cause to replace it yet.

-Ryan

7. outdoorsman1911

outdoorsman1911 Loaded Pockets

Lol thats why its the soldier, Tight lockup and smooth finish.

Bad on cold days.

8. vmaxtwr

vmaxtwr Empty Pockets

I've replaced my Emerson CQC7 with a Benchmade Snody Activator (D2), rarely seen but always there.

t

9. cpodbob

cpodbob Empty Pockets

of all time it would be my Sog Flash 2
    but lately i have been carrying my Spyderco S.P.O.T a lot
    once i reground the blade it was perfect

10. Mister Scribble

Mister Scribble Loaded Pockets

A black Boker Hyper is short, flat and also very good for waistband carry. Black deep pocket clip
    also good with dark slacks. But the blade is combo edge. Wish they made a black one with a
    straight edge.

I do like my Spydercos also. Maybe I'll get a Caly 3 one of these days. Deep pocket clip, though
    I like the oldstyle solid and squarish Spyderco clips instead. On the other hand, haven't heard
    any complaints about the Caly wire clip.

11. cutter17

cutter17 Empty Pockets

WOW! That is awesome. Did you do the work? If so, I would have to say you get a 100/A+ for the project!! O0

12. Blackhat

Blackhat Empty Pockets

My most carried edc knife? Easy, my Victorinox Explorer. It's been in my pants pocket almost every day for over thirty years, and still going strong. :woohoo:

13. KevinB

KevinB Loaded Pockets

I always carry at least three knives. I rotate through my locking folders and full-sized SAK's, but my SAK Rambler is always on my keychain.

Of the folders, I tend to carry the BM Minigrip more often than any of the others. The full-sized SAK's vary a lot, but I often wind up with a Cadet, Alox Bantam, or Explorer. I carried a Small Tinker as my only EDC knife for many, many years.

Kevin B.

14. WoodenChicken

WoodenChicken Loaded Pockets

Main EDC, it rotates between Spyderco Native, CRKT M21-12, Cold Steel Voyager medium clip point. Other blades that are carried every day but not used as a primary are:
    Cold Steel AK-47 :), Ontario RAT Model 1 Folder, or Benchmade Griptilian.

15. chavez

chavez Loaded Pockets

It is turning out to be this Case XX 6332 stockman (circa 1940-1964) that gets being picked to go in the pocket every day.

[​IMG][​IMG]

16. Gatsby

Gatsby Loaded Pockets

I carry or have carried daily:

SAK Minichamp
    SAK alox Cadet
    SAK Rally
    CRKT M16-01 carbon fiber
    Spyderco Native
    Kershaw Chive
    Kershaw Scallion TiNi
    Kershaw Scallion zytel
    Case Executive

Over my lifetime the Case Executive has probably seen the most carry but I haven't carried it daily in some years in favor of some other knives.

Recently, the Minichamp has moved to my key ring but gets carried every day as a result so arguably it is the most carried over the past year or so (when it was both pocket carried and now ring carried)

As far as pocket knives go - my SAK alox Cadet has gotten the most use recently (I've only had it for a month or so but it's been in my pocket almost exclusively over that time). It is so slim and easy to pocket, has a useful size blade (my only issue with the MiniChamp really), and the added benefit of the other tools which come in handy and with the alox knives there is almost zero cost in size... That is my primary work EDC knife right now and the Scallion zytel sees the most use during the weekends.

17. ickkey

ickkey Loaded Pockets

For me I have to have my Victorinox Soldier in the front pocket and my old style frn clip Spyderco Delica in the rear pocket. I don't leave home with out them! I would feel naked for some reason.

18. mohctep

mohctep Empty Pockets

CRKT Apache[Large],Benchmade Emerson CQC 7.

19. stockae92

stockae92 Loaded Pockets

Boker Hyper

affordable, small in size but not so small utility, 440C steel

20. fishwolf

fishwolf Loaded Pockets

When in town I go back and forth between the Tool Logic SL2 and a CRKT M16. Just depends on where I'm going. Out of town same SL2 but add a Chris Reeve Shadow III.