1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What is your MOST CARRIED edc knife, or knives?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by cutter17, Sep 13, 2008.

1. cutter17

cutter17 Empty Pockets

Don't know if this is all that different from the other thread, "What is your edc?", but I was thinking about how often I switch out my edc knives, and wondered how many others do the same. I rotate between a CRK Umnumzaan, Strider AR tan, Strider AR black, and a Fallkniven PXL white. Let me add that I also carry a small folder in my left hand pocket that I can remove and use without much notice, and this is between two different knives, a Case Brothers medium stockman, and a Boker Wharcom. For a bit I found myself changing out about every other day, and I'm talking about the knife I carry in my right front pocket, and as you can tell from the above, that knife is always a single bladed and big folder. Anyway I could never get a real sense of the knife I was carrying by doing this. So I came up with a simple solution, I would put up all my knives except for two, and I would carry those two until the month's end. This way I could get well aquainted with my edc. The one's I picked were; 1) Boker Wharcom for my small folder, and 2) the Fallkniven PXL for my large folder. So far I've resisted the urge to rotate as I really do like this PXL a lot!

So, how do you do it and what ends up being your MOST CARRIED edc/edc's?

2. FinnFreak

FinnFreak Empty Pockets

Surge without a doubt.

3. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

My most used EDC's would be:
    1. Small Dog Paws Sebbie.
    2. Gene Ingram Pocket Hippo.
    3. 3 inch Rick Hinderer XM-18.

4. souptree

souptree Loaded Pockets

Probably my most carried this year are my Ritter MiniGrip and my Strider PT-CC. But more and more I leave the Ritter and take the Strider. I really, really like that Strider.

My most carried custom is my Peter Carey Firefly and then my Peter Atwood Solar Arc. I really like knives by guys named Peter. I wish I had a 3" XM-18 -- I'd probably EDC it. I love my 3.5" but it's over the legal limit here. :(

Oh, and my Wharny Booger. That's my most used knife overall and I would never go on trail without it.

5. xizzy

xizzy Empty Pockets

I bring with me a FANTONI'S HIDE, a skeletool, and the two squirt.

6. InspektorGadget

InspektorGadget Loaded Pockets

I have been carrying a Spyderco Delica in right pocket and Byrd Cara Cara in left pocket for the last few months. The Byrd blade is a little too big though and I will probably downsize. There is a knife show next week near Chicago that I plan on attending and can hopefully find a good carry blade.

Rich

7. Crocodilo

Crocodilo Loaded Pockets

My Endura 4 Wave and Vic Soldier get most pocket time and number of uses. It's my "beater" set. While when going away from home I tend to carry a Millie and LM multi, I don't feel the need to subject these nicer items to regular around the house use, when something much chepaer will work just as well for most common tasks.

8. NeonLights

NeonLights Loaded Pockets

For the last few months theknife I've found myself EDCing most is my Boker Wharcom. It is just a fantastic, extremely useful, little knife that holds a good edge very well.

9. phatch

phatch Loaded Pockets

Ritter Mini Grip the most

Bradley Mayhem when it's appropriate (largish bali)

Al Mar Hawk for discretion.

Phil

10. RonC

RonC Empty Pockets

My Spyderco Pikal is seeing the most time in my pocket.

11. grimm_kaosboy

grimm_kaosboy Empty Pockets

For me the back ups and utilities pretty much stay the same.
    Spyderco spydercard in wallet
    Classic Vic sd on keys (gift)
    Micra on keys
    Vic Swisschamp in pouch, rh side
    For my pocket carry :censored: defence and heavy duty cutting my three favorites are the spyderco manix, emerson commander w/wave, and the buck/strider 880 spearpoint.
    Would love to get a millie and a strider, but they are not in the cards right now money wise.

-Bill Liptak

12. dl52163

dl52163 Loaded Pockets

Mine are:
    Buck Lite in the rear left pocket
    CRKT M16-13 in front right pocket
    Leatherman Wave on a pouch on right side
    Swisstech 6-1 in front pocket
    Home depot Razor knife in front left pocket
    Each has a specific job that they will do and if I need to do something different I will change to the other knife. Example is if I need something cut that heeds to be cut quick I use the Home Depot razor knife because I know it is always sharp. My swisstech 6-1 is on a ring that has several other items and it is a last ditch knife used just with the stuff it is attached to. My CRKT is primary knife that gets used a lot for a lot of things. The Wave gets used more as a tool thant the knife. Howevere the knife part sees its due share of work. I love the leatherman.

13. cutter17

cutter17 Empty Pockets

I definately agree with your assessment Neon! The Wharcom I carry in my left pocket gets treated like a step child, having to mingle with change and such in that pocket also, while my right pocket knife gets babied. That Wharcom gets called on everyday and it has yet to fail in any job I employed it on. I sharpen it about once a week, sometimes more if I have really used it hard, on my Sharpmaker, and it is ready to go!

14. Sharpdogs

Sharpdogs Uber Prepared

Another Wharcom fan here. My Rucksack SAK also see daily carry but the Wharcom is the one that gets the most use. I do have a new Case slipjoint that is gaining ground.

15. carlo$

carlo$ Loaded Pockets

Any Victorinox knife is the best edc tool as far as I am concerned.

16. InspektorGadget

InspektorGadget Loaded Pockets

You guys have me convinced. I gotta get a Wharcom. :gimme:

17. SheepDog556

SheepDog556 Empty Pockets

Is it very useful as a utility knife? The blade shape looks like it would be tough to use for utility tasks.

18. SheepDog556

SheepDog556 Empty Pockets

I carry a Benchmade 710D2 and Kabar TDI daily.

I have a drawer full of fixed and folding blades, but those are the two that I won't leave home without.

19. surespyder

surespyder Empty Pockets

Emerson Combat Karambit and a Nemesis Hellion, as well as a black Victorinox Huntsman in my backpack/lumbar pack.

20. charlie fox

charlie fox Loaded Pockets

My Leatherman Juice S2. No matter what main knife I'm carrying this tool is always in my back pocket. ;)