1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What Is Your Favorite Edc Knife

Discussion in 'Knives' started by MR24927, May 31, 2012.

1. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

The next one. And the next one after that:)

2. dwong

dwong Loaded Pockets

Yes, Osprey.

3. Rockclimber

Rockclimber Loaded Pockets

Which ever one is in my pocket that day

4. coldcase

coldcase Empty Pockets

I have too many...but most are spydercos and benchmades

5. charlie613

charlie613 Loaded Pockets

I am enjoying my spyderco dragonfly that I got for Christmas. For me its much easier to carry than the endura that I have

6. Paulgl26

Paulgl26 Loaded Pockets

Spyderco sage 99% of the time for the last 3 years

7. Palladium

Palladium Empty Pockets

• Edited per Rule 12
    The Ontario Rat Model 1 with a plain edge is my favorite EDC. It comes with an AUS 8 blade with stainless liners. It has nylon scales which I like a lot more than I thought I would and a pocket clip that can be moved for any carry position. I like it because it is tough, aesthetically appealing, not too costly and has rounded corners, for a bigger pocket knife, that's important to me.
    [​IMG]

Nick4305, samotnik and warchild like this.
  8. Brules

Brules Loaded Pockets

^ I'm wanting a Rat Model 1 now :)

9. Haffner

Haffner Loaded Pockets

610 rukus. Perhaps 7505-132

Sendt fra min GT-I9505 med Tapatalk

10. Sam S.

Sam S. Empty Pockets

What's up guys, some nice new knives posted especially yours Uprootedtraveler, simple, streamline, well used knife. Got a question for you all, should probably post somewhere else here but I think you all would have the best answer. My luck with a wet stone is hit or miss, it's actually got me thinking of (dare I say it) an electric sharpener. I am doing just fine with the 440s and softer steels but when I move up to 1095 my inconsistency really shows. I unintentionally get a concave edge, I should be happy about that but I am not getting a final sharpness to it, even after stropping. If I can help it, I don't want to go electric but curious of the success any of you have had with other systems. Thanks.

Just an FYI for any of you. I picked up a Condor Varan the other day, new for about 30, kind of as a joke for the arsenal but putting it through it's paces right now and I couldn't be happier. Super tough knife, I think the only thing that can break this is giving it to my kids for the day.

uprootedtraveler likes this.
  11. uprootedtraveler

uprootedtraveler Empty Pockets

• Edited per Rule 12
    Sam, have you looked into the "fixed angle sharpeners"? They run about $30-60 and work great on most blades. I ran into the same issue with the 1095 knives that I use (Becker bk2 and tom brown tracker mini) and this completely solved the problem.

12. CardsNation

CardsNation Loaded Pockets

Benchmade mini griptilian. Got it on me right now as I'm laying in bed.

Adahn and sungame like this.
  13. farnorthdan
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

farnorthdan Loaded Pockets

Where can I order this knife, went to their website and got it loaded in my cart, tried to check out but couldn't due to shipping issues I believe. I figure this one might hold me over until my Morris shows up.

TDS and Nick4305 like this.
  14. MOD-u-LAR

MOD-u-LAR Loaded Pockets

The HEST Original is my go-to EDC worker...
    [​IMG]

...don't have any solo pics of it though. It's the one in the middle. The Phobos(on the bottom) I carried for a year or so everyday IWB, originally w/the pictured belt loop and more recently w/the Tactical Tether from Spartan.
    This has been my carry for the last few days...
    [​IMG]

...though I have been switching the HEST Original in for the Spartan. The Morris Friction Folder is always in my cargo pocket since I got it and I don't foresee it getting replaced with anything anytime soon.
    The Fairly Ti Backpacker started out as a IWB on my tether but has quickly moved to my neck. It's the first nice necker I've owned. All the other "nice" neckers I have are too heavy and fall out when worn upside down. The Ti is so light I have no worries about it coming loose. Love it!
    This is an average EDC for any given day...
    [​IMG]

...just the essentials; Footbag, three knives, Ti Embassy Pen, Peak Ultra in SS, wallet, handkerchief, Field Notes in a leather case w/slots for flashlight, pen & widgy bar, CC Ti Widgy Bar, torch, Delrin Pocket Safe and a G-Shock(not shown). Ah well, this is my junk.

majki, MedusaOblongata and Nick4305 like this.
  15. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

For almost two years (or whenever they first came out) GEC #71 Thin, easy to sharpen...all purpose and honest

[​IMG]
    mumbo dumpo 11_10_13 by mumbojumboo, on Flickr

16. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Hi fdan,
    i have to suppose that you placed and order at PPC site; you can have one more try to solve and email Thomas asking for help, he's a good guy.
    Otherwise PM me and i'll try to manage the problem with you, if you want.
    Nick

17. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

18. Bubba stump

Bubba stump Loaded Pockets

Oh boy! As the OP has no doubt discovered( if they didn't already know) it's bloody impossible to narrow down to just one. My favs are the Pm2, native 5 g10, benchmade volli, crkt ripple, cold steel medium voyager tanto point, and spyderco stretch.

19. NOT-A-FAN

NOT-A-FAN Loaded Pockets

Currently carrying, and currently my favorite is the Spyderco manix 2 light wheight in BD1 steel. Before that it was the good ol' trusty Cold Steel Recon 1, before that it was a Cold Steel Voyager new style medium. Now I am looking at getting my first Benchmade. Got my eye on the Griptillian, then the mini. Or other way around, still not sure. Then i want to try the Benchmade Adamas, then the Triage, then the Spyderco Dragonfly and Delica, and throw in a Spyderco Ladybug. I also own a UK PK and want to add more of those to my collection, but then i see another Benchmade i want and Im all like, Oh yes thats the one. then... oh crap i just opened Amazon in another window. Dang my bank account is labeled BIIILLLSSS!!!

i need to go now guys

20. Joost Heijnen
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Joost Heijnen EDC Junkie!!!!!