1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What is your EDC Wallet?

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by switchblade906, Aug 5, 2013.

1. sportsfame18

sportsfame18 Loaded Pockets

The ridge wallet is fitting my needs. I don’t need a lot of room. Those firefighter wallets look nice though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony Sal likes this.
  2. sportsfame18

[​IMG]

3. assassin10000

assassin10000 Loaded Pockets

Found a new favorite thin but functional wallet for my use, the urban ultralight 'butterfly wallet'. I've had it for a few months now and its almost the slimmest, lightest and smallest footprint wallet I've ever had. Smaller being a rubber band or elastic wallet, which just got annoying.

In any case, not too much larger than a CC folded and it can hold bills. With 6 cards and 5-15 bills it ranches from 1/2"-5/8" (13-16mm) thick.

I also found a Fisher Stowaway pen clips nicely inside the outside fold.[​IMG]

#763 assassin10000, Jan 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    Arick, Last Ship, Nick4305 and 3 others like this.
  4. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

How does it hold the bills? Is there a cash slot, or do you have to triple fold them?

Tony Sal likes this.
  5. Banzboy

Banzboy Loaded Pockets

Flowfold sailcloth with Kevlar threads bifold wallet. Light, has substance. [​IMG]

6. assassin10000

assassin10000 Loaded Pockets

It has a normal size cash slot.

jag-engr and Tony Sal like this.
  7. ballistic

ballistic Loaded Pockets

After years of EDC, I retired my Flipside in favor of a Tom Bihn minimalist wallet.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

8. sportsfame18

Got me something new from the ridge wallet. It’s called the secrid wallet

Tony Sal likes this.
  9. Tromba

Tromba Loaded Pockets

Best wallet I have ever had.

Tony Sal likes this.
  10. Tony Sal

Tony Sal EDC Junkie!!!

What's the bungee cord item, for the boat?

11. Miklos86

Miklos86 Empty Pockets

After trying two different minimalistic wallets, I'm back again with the classic leather bifold. The room to store stuff can't be beat. I hate bringing a lot of things, so it works really well for me that I can have everything important (cash, cards, ID, coins, papers for the car and the motorcycle) in a single wallet. No matter what the day brings I have the essentials.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Moshe ben David and Tony Sal like this.
  12. Tony Sal

Tony Sal EDC Junkie!!!

I have a THE wallet, too thick even empty! But well made
    Tried money clip with cash and license only, day1 I needed other items
    Other min front pocket ones are a bit expensive I think
    So it's a Eagle Creek bi, nylon I think.
    Works great for me.

Moshe ben David likes this.
  13. Banzboy

Banzboy Loaded Pockets

It's a homemade nautical bracelet with a couple Harken hardware items that couldn't be found amongst the plethora of bracelets out there. I do boat deliveries and it's a conversation starter with cruisers.

Tony Sal likes this.
  14. Tony Sal

Tony Sal EDC Junkie!!!

Thought so, life on the water here outside of the city and 20 with USCG...

15. lawmanhdg

lawmanhdg Loaded Pockets

I've been using a phone case with card holder on back for most days. Holds my ID, CC, and Ins card. If I need other items, I use a front pocket wallet.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Tesla, That Movie Guy and Tony Sal like this.
  16. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

Dango M1 four pocket version...i have way to many wallets and this is my favorite

Tony Sal likes this.
  17. Arick

Arick Empty Pockets

I picked up this Dango DO1 bi-fold back a couple of months ago and liked so much I ordered the notebook and pen conversion kit and like it even better. I'll check back in 6 months I'll let everyone know how it holds up I'm sorta rough on stuff but I don't mean to be.[​IMG]

Be seeing you...

Last edited by Arick, May 23, 2020
    #777 Arick, Mar 28, 2020
    Last edited: May 23, 2020
  18. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

I carried a Coach long bill fold (the sort where you can put US currency in without folding them) for years and years; with living as a 'road warrior' and plenty of even international travel. I EASILY got my money's worth out of it! Loved it till I wore it out.

Coach don't seem to emphasize items for men much these days though. I'm hoping my next one will be a Saddleback Leather....

Am Yisrael Chai!

Moshe ben David

Tony Sal likes this.
  19. Allan Regstrup

Allan Regstrup Loaded Pockets

Saddleback make really good quality, so thumbs up for their products

I am a minimalist in, what I carry in my pockets and I have had the following wallets from Saddleback:

Front Pocket ID Wallet
    Business Card Holder Sleeve
    Slim Business Card Holder

I am not a cash guy (A working damage from many years ago, when I worked as a cashier in a bank. Cash is literally just filthy), so I went from the ID wallet to the sleeve. The sleeve had to little card capacity and felt bulky, so has ended up with the Slim Business Card Holder, which has the smallest footprint with 5 cards and a single bill in it and I love it.

I actually only take the Card Holder with me, when I need to bring my drivers license, social security card or other ID. On a regular day I don’t carry ID or card, because I use Apple Pay and have my commuter card on my smart phone.

If I where to carry more cash like 5 bills or more together with cards, I would probably go with their Small Bifold Leather Wallet, which is not to big or over engineered.

#779 Allan Regstrup, Mar 29, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    Moshe ben David and Tony Sal like this.
  20. gdwtvb

gdwtvb Loaded Pockets

For years I alternated between Spec Ops THE wallet versions. (I have both the original and the Jr versions.) It is a bulky wallet that served me well for many years, indeed they aren't worn out even though I can't even begin to guess their true age. I joined the forum in 2006, so they were probably purchased shortly after joining. (original for EDC duty, the jr version for the rare times I needed to dress up.)

Over the last three years I moved through several models, a couple of which I designed and created myself, as I have attempted to slim down my EDC gear. None were satisfactory for one reason or another. I have never been weight sensitive, my problem is more about bulk. And the spec ops The wallet, while bombproof, is a bulky wallet.

About three months ago I finally purchased what I expect will be my last wallet for many years.
    The DANGO T02 TITANIUM TACTICAL WALLET - 3 POCKET BIFOLD

The included multi tool is a little on the cheesy side, and has minimal true utility, but it opens beer bottles acceptably well.

It holds my two most used cards on the outside, my ID and next 2 most used cards in the next slot, back up CC and Bank cards in the third, while the seldom used insurance cards are tucked in with the multi tool card inside where they are not readily accessible, but I did mention they are seldom needed. It took awhile to get used to the silicone band for cash, but now it's second nature. It is advertised as a 12 card wallet, I carry ten as well as the included multi tool. I'm not sure I would want to carry more than ten cards unless the multi-tool was ditched.

There are thinner less bulky options, but I like the reassuring heft of the Dango wallet and to me it's the perfect compromise of size, weight, and utility.

The nicest unexpected feature of the Dango wallet is it fits easily in my shirt pocket after going through a drive thru. I don't know how many times I put my old wallet down on the console, in my lap, or resting beside the cup holders and it went sliding onto the floorboard upon leaving a drive thru.

Grizz

Jeffoutlaw76, Arick and Tony Sal like this.