1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What is your EDC SAK?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by rueingeni, Jan 6, 2009.

1. mnbvcxy

mnbvcxy Loaded Pockets

2. froldt

froldt Loaded Pockets

I haven't carried a SAK in years, until now... I found one on the ground at a park the other day. It's a Mountaineer... a bit big to throw in my pocket for EDC, but it will fit nicely inside my backpack.

Of course, I'm jealous of Crocodilo's modded Pioneer... might have to start looking for a new SAK when I get home!

3. Mr. kydex

Mr. kydex Loaded Pockets

Now, it's a Vic Deluxe Tinker.

O_G likes this.
  4. jymkym1

jymkym1 Loaded Pockets

It's a Farmer for me.....

5. Doug S

Doug S Empty Pockets

And the addiction continues...I just ordered another SAK. This time a Victorinox Fieldmaster. I'd been resisting the Fieldmaster for a good while, but for $22.15 w/ free shipping, I couldn't resist the urge any longer. Just can beat Victorinox for the quality versus price.

6. max6166

max6166 Loaded Pockets

My answer to this question seems to change every couple of months. ;D

I was carrying a Farmer, but have just switched to a red Cadet. I think I am going to mod it to include some scissors though... :drool:

7. baz

baz Empty Pockets

Ditto that here. These are pretty big. Mine fits snugly, along with a magnesium fire starter/striker, in a cell phone case, clipped to my belt.

8. Frayed Pockets

Frayed Pockets Empty Pockets

For me it's the Electrician Plus, the saw, a great awl and the small sheepsfoot blade with wire stripper are great. Sharpen the slot screwdriver and it doubles as a chisel.

9. Styerman

Styerman Empty Pockets

Since the weekend it's been a farmer . A cadet (84mm) with scissors and a saw would blow em all away .

Chris

10. Manatakui

Manatakui Loaded Pockets

That's entirely possible to do: just mod the Cadet with two additional layers - one for the saw, say, from a My First Victorinox Plus, and one for the scissors, though finding an 84mm pair of scissors will be tricky, especially since scissors were only found on the informally named Climber Small, or the Golfer Original, or the Salesman (also erroneously called the Yeoman... like there aren't enough fake "Yeomans" circulating, already ~_~), but all three all discontinued. You may wish to see if Scibeer or one of the other modders on SOSAK can throw on a saw and pair of scissors onto your Cadet. With that said, you could also try out other scale materials/colors, while you're at it, too. :)

[Edit: I just thought of a way to add a toothpick, tweezers, pen, and pin to alox SAKs, while keeping the scales untouched. It would enlarge the width of the SAK a bit, but I don't see why another layer that is a bit similar to how the Leatherman Mini, with it's fold-out handle extensions. Using that approach, somewhat, but have the fold-out "extensions" simply be storage slots; a slot on one side could hold the pin and tweezers, while the other side could hold the toothpick and pin. o.o Ooh, I so wish I had the skill to try something like that. These ideas really make me want to learn how to make custom items and then learn how to mod SAKs in their own right. o.o]

[Edit 2: The idea is not dissimilar to the fold-out USB sticks on SAKs, only, instead of a USB drive, a casing similar to it would, instead, hold the various tools. If it folds out 180 degrees, a retractable pen would be perfect to make it a type of SAK travel pen, complete with a "full length" body.]

Umm... I hope that Edit thought makes sense. ^^;

11. cjsmith

cjsmith Loaded Pockets

Alox Soldier. It is simple enough yet it does the job perfectly. Sometimes I alternate that with a LM Micra.

12. Aaron SBT

Aaron SBT Empty Pockets

I've been carrying my new Hiker, but today @ Target, I couldn't pass up the green Alox Cadet for $17 something dollars. All it needs now is a Lanyardzone skull to spice it up!
    :)

13. temujin

temujin Uber Prepared

I have a Victorinox Compact on the way. But I am currently EDC-ing aLocksmith. On the other end of the SAK scale, but it's not as bad as it looks. I carry it by clipping the snaplink to a belt loop, then hanging the SAK in a front pocket so it doesn't flop around.

14. johnnywest

johnnywest Loaded Pockets

O0

15. johnnywest

johnnywest Loaded Pockets

Nice color!

16. jester77

jester77 Empty Pockets

Until yesterday I was carrying the Recruit or Cyber Tool 34 but I just recivied a Pioneer Multi tool w/ ALOX scales this is my first w/ALOX i like the feel and weight hope they wear well.

17. Gunner

Gunner Loaded Pockets

I just got my first SAK, An alox Vic Soldier! That was my EDC today, and probably tomorrow too.

18. Alexipax

Alexipax Empty Pockets

This OHT on weekends (no large blades with the suit during the week). Pre-clip it was awkward to carry and was destined to become a bag blade only. Now it's a breeze to carry in a front or cargo pocket.

[​IMG]

MWDP likes this.
  19. P35

P35 Loaded Pockets

A Victorinox Farmer lives in my bag.

20. xthereal

xthereal Loaded Pockets

Mine too! Bought my champ in 1995 and the pen still works, and I used to use that thing a lot!