1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What is your EDC knife right now? Part 1

Discussion in 'Knives' started by TKC, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. messerjocke2000

messerjocke2000 Loaded Pockets

Until april first, its usually a Boeker Plus V&D Express or a AK74
    then, the new law goes into effect, banning the carry of all onehand opening knives, autos and fixed blades over 12cm (4.7"). :lolhammer:
    So,my new EDC Blade will be my Spyderco Street Beat, as soon as i order it from the states.
    Man, that law sucks... :mad:

Kilian

2. wolf54

wolf54 Empty Pockets

My Mike Cantrell customized SAK OHT! :)

3. AmbuBadger

AmbuBadger Loaded Pockets

At work it's my Eickhorn-Solingen PRT II; otherwise (like now) it's my Böker Trance with drop point. It replaced the SubCom because the size is perfect for EDC and super easy to make scary-sharp. If you're out there, Daywalker, I love the Trance!

4. Josh_Stein

Josh_Stein Empty Pockets

Emerson CQC-10--gotta love holes and waves :D

5. charlie fox

charlie fox Loaded Pockets

Right this minute is a Spyderco Centofante 3 in my right front pocket.

6. powernoodle

powernoodle Loaded Pockets

Spyderco Lava: link.

I have no room for anything larger, so the Lava rides in the little watch pocket of a pair of jeans. Its still hefty enough to cut like a real knife.

7. temujin

temujin Uber Prepared

I haven't purchased a Spyderco in years, but this is one design I like. One gripe I have with a lot of knife designs is that the handles often seem to be designed for looks. I got to handle one of these and must say the ergonomics are phenomenal.

8. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

It's hard to say that most (or probably any) Spydercos are designed for looks, though. :)

9. callmekipling

callmekipling Empty Pockets

Agreed! I like the native - the rest of them have that ugly hump back :green:

Every day, I carry... a Case Sodbuster jr. :shocked: I know, I'm sorry, I wish I was hip like you guys!

With it, I often (but not every day so it doesn't really qualify) carry either a SAK or a composite bladed Leek - or both, or more!

10. temujin

temujin Uber Prepared

You can have hip. I'll take the Sodbuster. I had a friend whose working knife was a large Sodbuster. Good, comfortable handle. Well shaped, flat ground blade that takes a razor edge.

11. fshalor

fshalor Loaded Pockets

Switched to a Byrd/spyderco cara cara about a week ago. Picked up a Delica 4 FRN green today and plan to have that most of the time.

The byrd knife is just too big and heavy most of the time. Both feel like a knife should in your hand.

Had a CRKT M16-10 edc zytel tanto tip till it vanished on me this weekend. The Delica will take its place.

12. Bolster

Bolster Loaded Pockets

We could use some more photos in this thread!

13. Crocodilo

Crocodilo Loaded Pockets

Today, just a simple setup for around the house in daytime: Spyderco Delica serrated edge and a Victorinox Soldier. So, I've got all bases (edge-wise) covered.

14. jackknife

jackknife Loaded Pockets

A Wenger SI. Its simple, rugged, and it gives me a few tools.

15. frankinaug

frankinaug Loaded Pockets

I EDC two knives a Benchmade Benchmite in my right front pocket (for work friendly tasks ie letters, small boxes) and usually on work days my Bradley Cutlery Alias pictured below which on off days switches too either my Benchmade Mel Pardue Auto or my Kershaw S30v G10 handled Leek.

[img width=640 height=425]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/frankinaug/aliasfront.jpg[/img]
    Bradley Cutlery Alias 2

[img width=640 height=425]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/frankinaug/KnifePictures009.jpg[/img]
    Benchmade Mel Pardue Auto Opener

[img width=640 height=425]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/frankinaug/KnifePictures001.jpg[/img]
    Kershaw Ken Onion S30v blade G10 handled Leek

16. temujin

temujin Uber Prepared

Among the knives I EDC is always a SAK. Recently, it had been the Victorinox Ranger, but I just got a Victorinox Rucksack from EDC Depot. The Ranger is shorter, but fatter and the Rucksack seems to ride a bit better in the pocket. I considered the OHT, but I prefer a plain edge to serrated and decided I like having the corkscrew.

Attached Files:

17. znapschatz

znapschatz Loaded Pockets

At the moment, there are a Vic Rambler attached to a micro flashlight in my jeans watch pocket, Delica 4 PE clipped to RF pocket and Spirit in leather pouch hanging on my belt. This is not typical, though. I've just been trying out a "new" Spirit, lately. It might replace another of my usual EDC, or not, depending.

18. Dirty Bob

Dirty Bob Loaded Pockets

There are two (plus one):

"LaGriffe" made from a Jantz Supply blade, on my keys:
    [​IMG]

Homemade kiridashi as a neck knife:
    [​IMG]

And, some of the time, a modded TDI as a left-hand back pocket fixed blade:
    [img width=640 height=480]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l238/BobGrundman/modded_tdi.jpg[/img]

All my best,
    Dirty Bob

19. Al-Dog

Al-Dog Loaded Pockets

My current EDC knives are my Todd Begg Tree Frog in a mercharness and soldier model SAK in right front pocket.

20. wildrider

wildrider Loaded Pockets

At work, that would be a SOG Sogwinder. Been using/carrying it over 10 years. I love it. The only problem I've had are the rubber scales wear smooth through use and carry. I've sent it back to SOG twice to be re-scaled. They re-scale,sharpen and "tune it" and return it in about 1 week free of charge (lifetime warrenty)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.