1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What is your EDC knife, right now? (Chapter 11)

Discussion in 'Knives' started by cowsmilk, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Elmiro Dungfoot

Elmiro Dungfoot Loaded Pockets

2. sl66ICEcuba

sl66ICEcuba Loaded Pockets

I know I will catch a lot of flak for this but a knife is very personal and it is just my opinion. I know the PM2 is wildly popular world wide and seen as the standard/bench mark of "everybody must have" or its "the perfect knife" and finally the "best first knife for newbies to the pocket knife world". I have two but nothing about this knife jumps out at me or makes me want to carry it. I reach for everything else before this... Got a titanium pocket clip for this, all blue titanium hardware just now and new carbon fiber scales on the way. This is the progress so far and it will get even nicer. Who knows it may get a bit more pocket time, only time will tell. This weeks carry is my Para 2![​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

ccwaters, Benton629 and wanderer16 like this.
  3. timcyms
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

timcyms Loaded Pockets

Carried the Bugout for an afternoon/evening of painting, the 31 was here when I got home.[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

ccwaters, Benton629, jcombs and 3 others like this.
  4. Elmiro Dungfoot

5. ThaMac

ThaMac Loaded Pockets

Yeah, you are right. Nothing stands out and makes you wanna carry a PM2. No kidding. But how in darnation can it be, that it’s the one I carry the most? That’s the weirdest thing. More than my SnG or Inkosi. Maybe because it’s so average and does what it does so unagitated. Got an S110V and that cutting edge is hard to kill as well.

Austria est imperare orbi universo.

6. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Mid-week blade changes....
    • LF pocket, on Pangea Ti Pickpocket dangler: LM Squirt PS4.

[​IMG]
    • On my car ignition key ring: a classic, the 'Christy knife'; small knife guys know this one. (See also the company website, https://www.christycompany.net/history-of-the-christy-knife-company). This is absolutely a simple keychain knife: body 3 3/8", blade 3/8" x 1 7/8" x 0.025": 'surgical steel'. Here is a pic from the website:

[​IMG]

• RF pocket on its clip: CIVIVI Isham McKenna C905DS; black G10; liner lock; front flipper; deep carry clip; 2.875" Damascus FFG sheep's foot. This is a small knife, absolutely. It is my 3rd front flipper; the other two are an Isham Theta and a Real Steel Metamorph. To be totally honest none of the 3 are great flippers. Each pretty much needs some wrist action. This one, the McKenna, is the smallest and I have noticed that the pivot and the detent 'can' result in a good flip. Problem though is that being small and my hands a glove size 'L', I just do not seem to consistently hold it in such a way that the blade is not contacting the 'fleshy' part of my palm below the thumb. Hence the wrist action on this one. The Real Steel is a similar problem. The Isham Theta is larger; that is not the issue but just doesn't seem to have a great detent -- this has been commented on in quite a number of reviews. Wrist action is not really a problem -- just kind of an irritant compared to 'normal flippers'.
      [​IMG] [​IMG]
      Pics via BHQ

• In the '5th pocket': Spyderco Cricket C29S, aka 'baby Matriarch' (my nickname; not Spyderco's ;) ); SS handle, frame lock; open construction; 1.875" 'reverse S' HG VG10 SE blade. Another in the extensive Spyderco family of small knives that 'punch above their weight class'!
      [​IMG] [​IMG]
      Pics via BHQ

Am Yisrael Chai!

Moshe ben David

Benton629, wanderer16 and ccwaters like this.
  7. BurningTheDayAway

BurningTheDayAway Loaded Pockets

If I’m in uniform these are always on me[​IMG]

8. ccwaters

ccwaters Loaded Pockets

Getting a late start this morning morning, stalked the mail guy for my OZ Machine Roosevelt! Already had the Medford in my pocket and the Clinch Pick on the belt so its going to be a three for the day!

[​IMG]

9. wanderer16

wanderer16 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    Have been carrying the Spydiechef since I got it except for a day or so when I somehow bent the pocket clip. I got my first Kukri in the mail yesterday and I already have another on the way! Very cool knife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Moshe ben David

I'm not surprised that someone who's avatar is Steve McQueen from the 'Great Escape' would edc a Kukri... 'to the cooler'... :)

I 'think' I could edc one here in Virginia but .... not sure of my next home .... ;)

Use it long, with zero legal troubles, and in good health!

Am Yisrael Chai!

Moshe ben David

ccwaters and wanderer16 like this.
  11. wanderer16

wanderer16 Loaded Pockets

There will be no EDC of this thing. I got it to horse around with and chop stuff in the yard. The other one that is on the way is gonna be longer and heavier and better for chopping. I think this one will be good for light chopping and heavy cutting. Mainly good for what we like to do with knives, hold them in our hands and think how cool they are. LOL

12. Moshe ben David

LMAO

Although... seems to me I've seen some that 'approach' a size that some would edc. I mean really... there are some Cold Steel knives I've seen posted as edc around here.... just to name one source!

Am Yisrael Chai!

Moshe ben David

wanderer16 likes this.
  13. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

Looks like you have quite the load dragging you down there, CC. I could help you out, you know, and take care of Teddy for you while you lighten your pockets a little ;-)

ccwaters likes this.
  14. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

Now... what I do wrong?
    [​IMG]

ccwaters, Benton629 and wanderer16 like this.
  15. Elmiro Dungfoot

16. Moshe ben David

???? didn't think you had.... I'm certainly not suggesting you had...?

Am Yisrael Chai!

Moshe ben David

17. Moshe ben David

Saturday night; nothing worth sitting and watching; so time to change the blade line-up:
    • LF pocket, on Pangea Ti Pickpocket dangler: LM Squirt PS4.

[​IMG]
    • On my car ignition key ring: a classic, the 'Christy knife'; small knife guys know this one. (See also the company website, https://www.christycompany.net/history-of-the-christy-knife-company). This is absolutely a simple keychain knife: body 3 3/8", blade 3/8" x 1 7/8" x 0.025"; SS. Here is a pic from the website:

[​IMG]

• RF pocket on a P-7 dangler: Otter-Mercator 10636R; copper handle lockback; 3.5" drop point satin finish PE. Continuing to show my infatuation with some of the 'old-school' peasant/workman/soldier's knives. The better known of this knife is the famous 'Black Kat'. Handles are a single piece of steel (or in this case, copper). Original knife designed and produced around 1867... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercator_K55K .... I have 3; two are the Black Kat and this one. One of the two Black Kat I have dedicated for use at restaurants. Which means these days it is NOT used... :( .

[​IMG] [​IMG]
      Pics via BHQ

• In the '5th pocket': Spyderco Ladybug LSSS3; steel handle; lock back; 1 7/8" HG VG-10 leaf shaped SE blade.
      [​IMG]

Pics via BHQ. No, it is not the one I am carrying -- but it is representative other than the handle!

Am Yisrael Chai!

Moshe ben David

Benton629 and ccwaters like this.
  18. Elmiro Dungfoot

Still breaking-in the Spartan:

[​IMG]

Benton629 and ccwaters like this.
  19. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Loaded Pockets

My current EDC. But "EDC" should be consistent since it's everyday. I almost EDC a military cf/ti my lady got me 3 years ago. If it's not that and I'm feeling adventurous, I'll carry the knife pictured below, an elk antler drop point s30v buck 110, paramilitary 2, CRK large inkosi insingo in red Micarta or an ESEE izula ii/Evans companion (one from the first batch released)[​IMG][​IMG]

20. Hagbard81

Hagbard81 Loaded Pockets

Mercator[​IMG]

Gesendet von meinem SM-G986B mit Tapatalk