1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What is your EDC knife, right now? (Chapter 11)

Discussion in 'Knives' started by cowsmilk, Aug 28, 2015.

1. dischu

dischu Loaded Pockets

2. AUPhan
    • In Omnia Paratus

AUPhan Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Last edited by AUPhan, Jul 29, 2020
    #12942 AUPhan, Jul 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  3. Adahn

Adahn Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Boker Urban Trapper as my home edc, SRM 9306 to be gifted to my friend.
    The bottle opener will be well used, the tip of the blade will get brownish-green residue, so no problems with 8Cr13MoV ;)

4. Elmiro Dungfoot

Elmiro Dungfoot Loaded Pockets

5. AUPhan
    • In Omnia Paratus

AUPhan Loaded Pockets

6. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Setting up my pocket for the start of a new week...
    • LF pocket, on Pangea Ti Pickpocket dangler: LM Squirt PS4.

[​IMG]
    • On my car ignition key ring: a classic, the 'Christy knife'; small knife guys know this one. (See also the company website, https://www.christycompany.net/history-of-the-christy-knife-company). This is absolutely a simple keychain knife: body 3 3/8", blade 3/8" x 1 7/8" x 0.025": 'surgical steel'. Here is a pic from the website:

[​IMG]

• RF pocket on its clip: Kizer Corto Ki4459A2; Ti handle, blue anodized with red G10 inserts; open construction; frame lock; 3.44" S35VN FFG PE drop point w/stone wash finish. Pivot rides on phosphor bronze washers. GREAT slicer - hardly a surprise on a FFG blade thin behind the edge... IIRC, this is the first Kizer I bought. Its been joined by quite a few others! ;)
      Kizer Corto Frame Lock Knife Blue Titanium/Red G-10 (3.5" Stonewash) Ki4459A2

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      pic via BHQ

• In the '5th pocket': Spyderco Manbug SP-MBKS; black FRN; lock back; 1.88" FFG VG-10 SE:
      • [​IMG]
      • This pic via KnivesPlus. Unfortunately, this knife was discontinued by Spyderco.

Am Yisrael Chai!

Moshe ben David

7. jackknife

jackknife Loaded Pockets

Those two right there did 99% of my EDC carry for many years. For the past five years, the Leatherman squirt has been a steady companion in my left pocket. I still have and cherish the Christy knife for many reasons including sentimental, but for the last two years its been replaced by the Victorinox Executive. The executive is a great pocket knife with two blades and those superlative Victorinox scissors and tweezers that the squirt doesn't have.

I now that there was many many times in my life in and around D.C. that the squirt was my sole EDC knife/tool because of going in the many government buildings with strict security. The little Leatherman never got a second glance and took care of all the daily little cutting jobs as well as screws, bottles, and mini pliers jobs. I find in most urban/suburban environments I just don't need that much knife blade. For opening packages, cutting string/twine, even a small box cutter will do.

I carried a Christy knife on and off since I was a kid in the 1950's. Dad was with one of the spook outfits out of D.C. and he loved the Christy's so much that he bought 50 of them to hand out to the personal in his department. Long after his passing, we found a letter of thanks from Earl Christy for the purchase.

8. Moshe ben David

I carry the Squirt on my tool ring for much the same reasons: its convenient and back when I actually did enter buildings with security (I was never government; rather management consulting; some private sector places implemented security as if they were an airport...especially those in shall we say 'smaller towns'? Go figure...) it never gathered attention... Like you, I don't have such concerns hardly at all anymore!

I have a SAK Executive; accompanied by a DooHickey it rides along on those rare occasions when I still have to wear a suit or similar... mostly when I go to synagogue.... ;) .

Am Yisrael Chai!

Moshe ben David

Elmiro Dungfoot and jackknife like this.
  9. Elmiro Dungfoot

10. jackknife

jackknife Loaded Pockets

ya want to hear something really funny about security?

The courthouse here in Georgetown has airport like security and not even a teeny SAK classic is allowed.

BUT...go down to the Austin and the state capital building, the one with all the state senator and reps, and if you have a CCW, its like an e-z-pass and they pass you right through complete with your EDC concealed firearm. I can't carry in the Georgetown court house, but I can walk through the state trooper's in the capital with my revolver.

Crazy, huh????

11. Longbob

Longbob Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Picked up a 940 to add to the rotation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THX2008, Benton629, Lateck and 6 others like this.
  12. Moshe ben David

Yeah. Sorta matches with what I often saw at client facilities off in 'Podunk, name-a-state'. Something about small facilities in the boondocks that breeds a stronger sense of paranoia I guess....

Am Yisrael Chai!

Moshe ben David

13. Elmiro Dungfoot

14. Moshe ben David

Mid-week change...I get bored so easily these days! Going with small knives for the rest of the week....

[​IMG]
    • On my car ignition key ring: a classic, the 'Christy knife'; small knife guys know this one. (See also the company website, https://www.christycompany.net/history-of-the-christy-knife-company). This is absolutely a simple keychain knife: body 3 3/8", blade 3/8" x 1 7/8" x 0.025": 'surgical steel'. Here is a pic from the website:

[​IMG]

• RF pocket on its clip: Spyderco Dragonfly 2 Salt C28SYL2; yellow FRN handle; lock back; 2.25" H1 HG leaf shape blade, SE:

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      Pics via BHQ

• In the '5th pocket': Case 'Peanut' #7404, pattern 6220SS; 'pocket worn Harvest Orange bone; 2 1/4" FFG clip point & 1 1/2" pen knife blades -- but of course they're both FFG ;).
      [​IMG]

pic via BHQ

Am Yisrael Chai!

Moshe ben David

Benton629 likes this.
  15. Stormdrane

Stormdrane Loaded Pockets

16. Elmiro Dungfoot

17. Moshe ben David

Blade changes for the start of a new week....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• RF pocket on its clip: Cold Steel Tuff-Lite #20LTS; Black handle; 'Tri-AD' lock back; 2.5" wharncliffe AUS8A HG, SE. VERY ergonomic handle!
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Pic via BHQ

• In the '5th pocket': Outdoor Edge 'Slidewinder' SWB-10C utility knife. Uses - what else? utility knife razor blades. Duh! Mine with an orange handle for visibility. Compact - 3.5" closed; cheap. Great for travel -- I can pick up a pack of blades almost anywhere. Although... some YouTube reviewers have found that some 'premium' blades won't fit in. The 'cradle' that holds the blade in the knife body has a couple of dimensional issues that appear easy to mod with a Dremel or even just a file to accommodate slight difference in the 'notches' along the spine of replacement blades. I haven't done this -- yet ;) !

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      Pics via BHQ

Am Yisrael Chai!

Moshe ben David

Stormdrane, Benton629 and Arick like this.
  18. Arick

Arick Empty Pockets

I really dig that Sidewinder, I been considering getting a utility blade EDC looks like a winner sir.

Be seeing you...

Moshe ben David likes this.
  19. dischu

dischu Loaded Pockets

Spyderco UKPK Heinnie Haynes edition

[​IMG]

20. Stormdrane

Stormdrane Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    Victorinox Bantam SAK with paracord lanyard and Celtic button knot sliding beads.

kye4some, Water-Rat, Arick and 6 others like this.