1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What is your EDC knife, right now? (Chapter 11)

Discussion in 'Knives' started by cowsmilk, Aug 28, 2015.

1. wanderer16

wanderer16 Loaded Pockets

@Moshe ben David I agree. When is comes to pocket knives Spyderco is my brand of choice. They make so many nice ones. This Spydiechef is my fifth Spderco and the ones I have run the gamut with the exception of Seki City. I don't have one from there but I did get my Dad a Delica. I have carried a Persistence for three years now exclusively. It does not have a sought after steel but it is such a high quality knife none the less it has just been my trusted companion. I saw this Spydiechef the other day and the ergonomics screamed to the cook in me. Being single and very picky about what I eat I cook a lot and even when not at home I am constantly having to fend for myself on the road or at other peoples houses. I once toyed with the idea of using my PM2 for my on the road chefing activities but it was just not the right knife for that. This one is perfect for what I do with a knife and I think it will also handle all the things I took care of with my Persistence. People are always wanting me to whip this or that up when I am around and a lot of people don't own a sharp knife at all. I love that this Spydiechef is wash and wear, open framed, corrosion resistant and shaped for food tasks. I like the pocket clip so far too. Nice and secure. It is a winner.

2. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Mid-week blade rotation:
    • LF pocket, on Pangea Ti Pickpocket dangler: LM Squirt PS4.

[​IMG]
    • On my car ignition key ring: a classic, the 'Christy knife'; small knife guys know this one. (See also the company website, https://www.christycompany.net/history-of-the-christy-knife-company). This is absolutely a simple keychain knife: body 3 3/8", blade 3/8" x 1 7/8" x 0.025": 'surgical steel'. Here is a pic from the website:

[​IMG]

• RF pocket, on its deep carry clip: Real Steel Metamorph G5 MkII designed by Ostap Hel; 'Navy Blue' aluminum handle. IMHO, more of an electric blue. I think the aluminum is anodized but I'm not certain. There are nested steel liners; this is a front flipper - but the design geometry usually means I need to use a bit of wrist flip action; the pivot is riding on needle bearings IIRC; it is a liner lock; this is a very slim knife in all aspects in the pocket; 3.5" FFG 14C28N PE. Rather pointy!

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      pics via BHQ.

• In the '5th pocket': Spyderco Manbug Salt Rescue MYLS; yellow FRN handle lock back; 1 7/8" HG H1 steel sheep's foot blade, SE:
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      pics via BHQ

Am Yisrael Chai!

Moshe ben David

Adahn and wanderer16 like this.
  3. Adahn

Adahn Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Boker Plus Urban Trapper with bronze anodized hardware and polished G10 scales

I've got a used Urban Trapper with a broken off clip. To use it with the small part converted into a filler tab is working but after receiving the clip and a set of screws free of charge from Böker in Germany I doubt I'd carry it without the clip.

[​IMG]

The G10 should come polished though, that fits this Gentleman's knife much more.

[​IMG]

wanderer16, Lateck, ran23 and 4 others like this.
  4. Stormdrane

Stormdrane Loaded Pockets

5. Moshe ben David

Not many fans of the Real Steel Metamorph I was toting around the last half of last week. Oh well... I know I have some 'different' tastes... Let's see how y'all like this week's rotation! ;)

[​IMG]
    • On my car ignition key ring: a classic, the 'Christy knife'; small knife guys know this one. (See also the company website, https://www.christycompany.net/history-of-the-christy-knife-company). This is absolutely a simple keychain knife: body 3 3/8", blade 3/8" x 1 7/8" x 0.025": 'surgical steel'. Here is a pic from the website:

[​IMG]

• Right side in belt sheath at ~3 o'clock: Buck 112 -- the 110's little brother; usual 'dymondwood' scales, brass bolsters, lock back; 3" 420HC (thank you Mr. Bos!) clip point PE. No doubt a more suburban friendly edc... clip point not withstanding! :).

[​IMG]
      pic via BHQ

• In the '5th pocket': Spyderco ClipiTool C176P&S; SS handle, slip joint; 8Cr13MoV blades: 2 1/8" FFG leaf shaped PE and 2 1/8" straight SE blades.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Pics via BHQ

Am Yisrael Chai!

Moshe ben David

6. dischu

dischu Loaded Pockets

7. Elmiro Dungfoot

Elmiro Dungfoot Loaded Pockets

8. jongrak

jongrak Empty Pockets

My EDC[​IMG]

Sent from my VIE-L29 using Tapatalk

9. xevious

xevious Loaded Pockets

The half-serrated edge is actually quite useful. I have a SOG X-Ray Vision (full-size, tanto blade made of ATS-34) with a serrated segment just shy of half-way up the main edge. I make great use of that knife cutting thick weeds. The leading edge starts the slice and then the serration hits to "chew away" at the remaining bits. Makes cutting very easy!

10. mrtwohands

mrtwohands Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Elmiro Dungfoot

12. HeadOffice

HeadOffice Loaded Pockets

Left pocket...
    [​IMG]
    Right pocket...
    [​IMG]

wanderer16, ccwaters, THX2008 and 6 others like this.
  13. Moshe ben David

Start of a new week... this week threatens to be a HOT one..already started.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• RF pocket on its clip: Kizer Vanguard Velox 2 #V4478A2; Liner lock; flipper; open construction; green G10 scales with steel liners (one side milled); pivot on ball bearings; 3.4" satin finish HG PE - just a hint of a recurve. VERY smooth and dependable flipping action!
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      Pic via BHQ

• In the '5th pocket': Spyderco Ladybug Salt #LYLS3; yellow FRN handle with back lock; 1 7/8" leaf shaped H1 blade, HG with SE.
      [​IMG]
      Pic via BHQ

Am Yisrael Chai!

Moshe ben David

14. xevious

xevious Loaded Pockets

I really like this conservatively styled Kizer Vanguard Velox 2. Nicely done! One of my pet peeves is when a flipper tab is too prominent, becoming a "pocket knocker". Looks nicely tapered here. Sale price of $77 is quite nice. This is VG-10 steel, which is quite decent and something I prefer over higher maintenance D2. Ceramic bearings? The Blade HQ site doesn't get to this detail.

ccwaters likes this.
  15. Elmiro Dungfoot

16. Moshe ben David

If I were a betting man, I would bet on ceramic bearings but I don't really know...

Am Yisrael Chai!

Moshe ben David

17. HeadOffice

HeadOffice Loaded Pockets

Benchmade Adamas arrived today. Mirror polished edge perfects the picture. It's a beast!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I do not agree!
    [​IMG]
    Different Strokes as they say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Moshe ben David

Tomorrow is Wednesday...aka 'Hump Day'; weather claims it will be a bit 'cooler'? Which means lawn cutting.... :(

At any rate, changing the blade rotation in anticipation of the last part of the week....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Right side at 3 o'clock in a sheath: large Case Sodbuster, American Workman series #13007 pattern #4138SS; blue handle, slip joint; 3 3/4" (I did say LARGE :) ) drop point SS blade,'as ground' meaning NOT polished. A bit of a beast...
      Case American Workman Sodbuster 4-5/8" Closed (4138 SS) - 13007
      [​IMG]
      This version is no longer in production although large sodbuster knives are still made by Case. Pic via Knife Center.

• In the '5th pocket': Spyderco Ladybug Salt LYLS3HB; yellow FRN handle, lock back; 1 7/8" H1 hawkbill, HG, SE.

[​IMG]
      Pic via BHQ

Am Yisrael Chai!

Moshe ben David

20. Elmiro Dungfoot