1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What is your EDC knife, right now? (Chapter 11)

Discussion in 'Knives' started by cowsmilk, Aug 28, 2015.

1. sl66ICEcuba

sl66ICEcuba Loaded Pockets

As I install pot lights in my bathroom, two tools in my pocket[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

2. timcyms
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

timcyms Loaded Pockets

Ritter Mini RSK Mk1-G2 by Hogue Knives.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

3. keycutter

keycutter Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Svörd mini peasant
    My first friction folder. I’ve been very pleased with it. Especially for about $15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#12763 keycutter, May 11, 2020
    Last edited: May 11, 2020
  4. Adahn

Adahn Loaded Pockets

5. Jesus™

Jesus™ Loaded Pockets

My next EDC... at least the pieces. Blade is a Kilrathi Knives wolverine in 80CRV2, handles are black canvas micarta, with steel screws and barrel fasteners. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#12765 Jesus™, May 12, 2020
    Last edited: May 12, 2020
    Wes Lee, EZDog, THX2008 and 3 others like this.
  6. BC42

BC42 Loaded Pockets

Got the CS Manix 2 on Sat so I'm planning on carrying it for at least a week. Got the S45VN PM2 yesterday and the BBS PM2 today.
    [​IMG]

Jeffoutlaw76, Wes Lee, ran23 and 3 others like this.
  7. KAUFFMANN

KAUFFMANN Loaded Pockets

8. KAUFFMANN

KAUFFMANN Loaded Pockets

Tengo este cuchillo conmigo desde mediados de abril
    [​IMG]

9. 0880

0880 Loaded Pockets

Hey Kauffman,
    I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but your pics from both of your posts aren't showing up for me.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Arick likes this.
  10. Roguetrooper

Roguetrooper Loaded Pockets

Last edited by Roguetrooper, May 13, 2020
    #12770 Roguetrooper, May 13, 2020
    Last edited: May 13, 2020
  11. Mikhail Weiss

Mikhail Weiss Loaded Pockets

Well, earlier I was carrying a Microtech Cypher in one pocket, a Boker Kalashnikov in another, and a Cold Steel 4-Max Scout in still another.

Moshe ben David likes this.
  12. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I cant seem to keep mine out of the pocket anymore!?
    I think for the last year or more I keep trying other knives at times but the combination of light weight and large strong features of the Manix seem to be the one for me these days!
    [​IMG]

13. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

So how do you like it compared to the BM Ritter?

14. timcyms
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

timcyms Loaded Pockets

I wish I had a set of G10 scales for the BM to compare it to. I like the G10, it is very grippy. I think over time my Titanium Wilkins grips will tear my pockets up less, but the G10 hasn't been an issue yet for my full sized Hogue RSK. The Mini is just as grippy as the full sized. The Hogue does come with a deep carry clip vs the BM coming with their standard carry clip.

The Hogue mini RSK was definitely sharper out of the box. Nothing against my Benchmade, it's plenty sharp, but Hogue's factory edges have been the best I've seen. Jimping seems slightly less aggressive on the Hogue than the BM.

One interesting thing about the AXIS vs ABLE locks, the detent to stay closed is stronger on the BM AXIS lock. You can pull down either and flick the blade open, bit with the ABLE lock on the Hogue, I can flick it slightly harder without pulling down on the lock and the weight of the blade will open the knife. Hogue came centered perfectly, the BM was centered with some Blue loctite when I installed the grips and has remained centered.

So far, I don't see myself getting rid of either knife.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

EZDog likes this.
  15. Elmiro Dungfoot

Elmiro Dungfoot Loaded Pockets

16. MangeD700
    • In Omnia Paratus

MangeD700 EDC Junkie!!!!!

17. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Saturday night; not much to do; so figured I'd change my blades in my pockets for the start of the week. Going a bit smaller and lighter this week ;):
    • LF pocket, on Pangea Ti Pickpocket dangler: LM Squirt PS4. The blade is 420HC; 1.6". This one is just about ALWAYS with me.

[​IMG]
    • On my car ignition key ring: a classic, the 'Christy knife'; small knife guys know this one. (See also the company website, https://www.christycompany.net/history-of-the-christy-knife-company). This is absolutely a simple keychain knife: body 3 3/8", blade 3/8" x 1 7/8" x 0.025": 'surgical steel'. Here is a pic from the website:

[​IMG]

• In RF pocket, on pocket clip: Buck Vertex #0418RDX-B. Red skeletonized steel scale on the 'show' side, brushed SS on the lock bar side; frame lock; 3" 420 HC SE sheep's foot blade. This knife is a US made Buck.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

• In the '5th pocket': Rough Rider Barlow #RR13877; dark bone jigged bone covers; slip joint - what didya think?; 440SS FFG blades: 2 1/4" clip point and 1 1/2" pen. Good walk n talk; snappy close -- I stay alert with this guy... :).

[​IMG]
      Sorry about the small pic guys. Something weird over at Amazon...

Am Yisrael Chai!

Moshe ben David

ran23 and Buckeye Jake like this.
  18. Buckeye Jake

Buckeye Jake Loaded Pockets

My latest purchase was a medford smooth criminal. It's going to workout really good I think .
    35vn steel , button lock , aluminum handles and a three or so inch blade . I have been wanting a medford for a while.
    I really enjoy Greg and Amy doing their veiws on the knife industry. Just remember this isn't a thin knife.
    Simple design well done . This little guy could edc , woods walk ,be use as a hunting knife and a weapon.

Jake

CV801 and Moshe ben David like this.
  19. nmpops

nmpops Loaded Pockets

I really like the Victorinox Pioneer and the Case 6318 Stockman and carry both when I can.

20. Sentinel-14

Sentinel-14 Loaded Pockets

I have a few knives that get rotated through for EDC, and some that are always carried.

For normal EDC I carry two knives: a medium sized traditional slipjoint and a larger folding blade of some sort. The traditional, 99% of the time, is a vintage Schrade 8OT Senior stockman. The other 1% of the time is a Case Barlow. I carry traditionals for general cutting use because I work in an office environment and it just draws less attention. My larger folding blade is pretty much a last-ditch weapon, and for that purpose I have several knives that get rotated thru each day. I joke that I have one 'social knife' for every day of the week: a Buck Vantage, a Lightning OTF, an Ontairo RAT 1 in D2, a Kershaw Skyline XL, a Kershaw Launch 6, and a Ganzo FH12. Again, these knives are strictly for social use unless I find myself needing a blade for a task the traditional is just not suited for.

In addition to these two pocket knives, I have two knives in my EDC bag. I like to have a backup folding knife in the bag just in case I forget to grab my social blade, which came in handy this weekend when that exact thing happened. For that purpose I have a vintage Schrade 125OT Mustang, and honestly it's probably my favorite folding blade: it's just a workhorse. The other knife in my EDC bag is a stainless Mora Companion, simply because I like to have a fixed blade available at all times, and that's come in handy at a birthday party where the planners thought of everything relating to the cake, except for a way to cut it. "Here I come, to save the day!" :p

So yeah, my EDC is partially the same, partially fluid, but it's always the same general template: a traditional, a social folder, a backup social folder, and a fixed blade.

That Movie Guy likes this.