1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What is your EDC knife, right now? (Chapter 11)

Discussion in 'Knives' started by cowsmilk, Aug 28, 2015.

1. JordanJamesPerkins

JordanJamesPerkins Loaded Pockets

2. mrhockey

mrhockey Loaded Pockets

Well, with another change in security groups at work, I’m switching my EDC knife setup again. My Benchmade Griptillian is “too large” still but my waved Delica and SAK Tinkerer are okay now. Might switch back to the Super Tinkerer since it has scissors but I haven’t decided yet.

[​IMG]

Lateck likes this.
  3. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Is the small one a 'bug-out'?

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

4. sl66ICEcuba

sl66ICEcuba Loaded Pockets

These three, picked them up recently and have been in a constant pocket rotation for the last little while.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

MCPOWoller, nosuchagency and Lateck like this.
  5. Chefget

Chefget Loaded Pockets

Today (a Beaune)

[​IMG]

6. brano8
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

brano8 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Keyman

Keyman Loaded Pockets

Yes Sir.
    This Bugout is sporting some Rock scales designs Titanium scales & back spacer.
    It's a very nice set up, i'm liking it a lot.

Moshe ben David likes this.
  8. ThaMac

ThaMac Loaded Pockets

Which one is that? Looks like a 0770CF, but my Elmax‘s blade looked way less defined.

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener

9. Chefget

Chefget Loaded Pockets

Today in Milano

[​IMG]

10. brano8
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

brano8 Loaded Pockets

Yes it is 0770CF, Elmax blade, factory edge.

[​IMG]

Lateck likes this.
  11. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Mid-week change:
    • LF pocket, on Pangea Ti Pickpocket dangler: LM Squirt PS4
    • Coin pocket: Spyderco Ladybug Salt; Lockback with yellow FRN handle; 1 7/8" H-1 leaf-shaped blade, SE grind
    • Belt sheath at 9 o'clock: LM Blast. Also have a 4" Ti CountyCom 'widgy bar' and a PocketWrench II in the sheath. The PocketWrench is for anchoring the blind nut if present whilst I'd be turning the nut or screw head on the other side...
    • RF pocket on a clip: Spyderco Pingo; orange FRN handle; slip-joint; N690Co modified sheep's foot blade ~2.35".
    For those not familiar with the Pingo, this from the Spyderco website (note the Pingo was recently discontinued!):

"A collaborative effort of Danish knifemakers Jens Anso and Jesper Voxnaes, the Pingo was specifically designed to conform to the knife laws of Denmark, which prohibit both lock-blade folding knives and all forms of one-hand-opening knives.

The heart of the Pingo is its distinctive sheepfoot blade, which is ground from Böhler-Uddeholm’s premium N690Co stainless steel. The blade is designed to meet Danish legal length limits while still providing a very functional and versatile cutting tool. Its Trademark Round Hole clearly identifies it as a Spyderco knife and provides a handy purchase for two-handed opening, but the hole is purposely small to prevent one-handed blade-opening methods. Similarly, its stout notched-joint mechanism is powered by a strong spring that helps hold the blade securely in the open and closed positions, supporting its safe use as a cutting tool while precluding one-handed opening.

The Pingo’s handle is comprised of injection-molded fiberglass-reinforced-nylon (FRN) scales and a sturdy stainless steel back spacer. The scales feature a molded checkered texturing that ensures a secure grip without being too abrasive. A reversible deep-pocket wire clip provides both left and right-side tip-up carry, keeping the knife accessible for immediate use while blending unobtrusively with virtually any color of clothing.

Although designed to meet the unique needs of the Danish knife community, the Pingo’s versatile design and socially friendly demeanor make it a perfect choice for knife users everywhere. It not only transcends the limits of the traditional non-locking pocketknife, but also redefines Spyderco’s own definition of a SLIPIT because of its purposeful two-hand-opening design."

The Pingo was one of the few Spyderco knives not made in China, Taiwan, Japan, or the US. It was made in Maniago, Italy. I'd also like to point out that there are other knives made by Spyderco to meet stringent knife laws. These include the Spy-DK (which uses the same steel as the Pingo and was also designed to meet Danish requirements), the Urban, the PITS, the UK Penknife, the Squeak, and the Roadie.

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

sungame likes this.
  12. ThaMac

ThaMac Loaded Pockets

Weird. Mine was, maybe, quite heavily washed and it looked like it was molded rather than ground. That was the reason I sold it. The 0450 has defined machining to it. But that’s too small.

Would you mind snapping a closeup of the blade against the light? I’m curious if mine was just botched.

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener

13. Gary Gross

Gary Gross Loaded Pockets

14. FilthyJ24
    • +1 Supporter

FilthyJ24 Loaded Pockets

Beautiful user. [​IMG]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

15. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

[​IMG][​IMG]

16. Gary Gross

Gary Gross Loaded Pockets

17. mizedog

mizedog Loaded Pockets

Was brave, and left my Climber at home to carry this knife I bought back in 1979-1980. To me, this is such a beguiling little piece. It's certainly telling of that post-Buck 110 period. But, it's small, light, all stainless, Saber ground, drop point, solid, thick liners, and no scales.

I think it's got an identity crisis, and I haven't seen many knives like it.

Advantages:
    Thick blade
    Thin, very pocketable profile like a douk douk, but heavy duty.
    Locking

Disadvantages:
    Handle is curved enough to cause lateral torsion tendencies when bearing down for a draw cut.
    Blade thickness keeps this from being a great slicer, but it is strong.
    Blade is really difficult (for me) to get a sharpened well.

Are Any of you familiar with this knife? I know it didn't cost much when new, but heard Jet-Aer was a decent brand back then. What's interesting about this knife is that I bought two that day; one for me, and one for my grandfather who died years ago. I inherited his knife and now have both.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    [​IMG]

#10857 mizedog, Sep 13, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  18. nosuchagency

nosuchagency Loaded Pockets

19. sungame

sungame Loaded Pockets

May I ask where this was taken? The landscape looks vaguely Norwegian.

20. BladeCommander

BladeCommander Loaded Pockets

I'm carrying my favorites today, minus the pen. Left that at home since I have a dozen pens on my desk at work.
    [​IMG]

CV801 likes this.