1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What is your EDC knife, right now? (Chapter 11)

Discussion in 'Knives' started by cowsmilk, Aug 28, 2015.

1. JordanJamesPerkins

JordanJamesPerkins Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Doc18

Doc18 Loaded Pockets

Ya know I found the same thing with mine but it feels so good in the hands that I like to fiddle with it. Chen did good with those. I've been toying with the idea of making a single kydex wrap around sheath as opposed to the double slab it came with but I haven't gotten around to it yet

3. Adahn

Adahn Loaded Pockets

Well, I think it's my only knife in D2 but I wouldn't bet it is that steel.
    I mean, it's an abandonware knife that comes from a nobodyknows factory anyways.

Fit and finsh was good on mine though but I felt the clip to be too flat and tight.
    It holds an edge well but it's not a slicer with the original blade grind, tather a sharpened prybar.
    That's why it became my first regrind victim and I must say that with the leaf shaped and thinned blade it's a good tool and holds its edge quite well, too. I use it to cut foam materials, leather and rubber stuff, so I need a high initial sharpness, and yeah, this little fella does a good job.
    Maybe soon I will shorten and round the flipper tab to make it more comfortable in short grip.

Oh, another thing to add. These days every Ti folder "needs" steel inserts at the lock face to reduce lock rock or to prevent wear on the Ti lockbar.
    I was using/abusing and modding this knife for a while now, my oldest picture says 29May2015.
    I didn't have issues with stickiness and the knife locks at 40-50%, looking perfect to me, even without a steel insert.

Jesus™ likes this.
  4. SV-97

SV-97 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    The ":censored: I'm gonna build a knife" carry :D guess which one does duty on the workbench :D

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk

kye4some and Spyderbench44 like this.
  5. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Imperial

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Hagbard81 and Gogogordy like this.
  6. ThaMac

ThaMac Loaded Pockets

There's nothing wrong with that I'd say. Maybe in a few years more you'd feel it.
    Let's say I like development and evolution. That's why I got the Inkosi and not the Sebenza.
    But, whoever came up with this, I like the way they did that on the ZT 0450. Combined it with the overtravel protection. One piece, smart engineering.

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener.

Adahn likes this.
  7. Appel

Appel Loaded Pockets

Let's say that there are three items in this picture. Which item do you think is the least expensive?

(photo bucket took down the link => no image)

Last edited by Appel, Jul 2, 2017
    #7727 Appel, Mar 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    TTPower, Hagbard81 and Gary Gross like this.
  8. Adahn

Adahn Loaded Pockets

To each their own I guess.

But yeah, I'd like to handle (maybe own) a 0450, it's just my size only my wallet says no ;)

I have a clone with such a steel insert with overtravel stop and it's working well, still I see no need in both "features". Ok, they maybe make production cheaper but I have never seen a framelock folder on any forum where the locking arm was bent from use, not even from abuse.
    And I also haven't seen a lockface that was eaten away by use, if I did I'd just carbidize the edge, it's an easy modification. I like the way they handled that on the Inkosi, still I believe a thing is not perfect if you can't include anything more but if it works fine and you can't remove anything more. Less pieces, less screws are better in my book. I also enjoy the smoothnes of ball bearings, still I'm not a "fan" as they tend to collect more gunk and washers just work fine when made well.
    Not every innovation is making things better but yeah, I enjoy to see new stuff, too.
    A new locking mechanism would be cool, or at least more affordable button lock knives (no autos though).

Last edited by Adahn, Mar 11, 2017
    #7728 Adahn, Mar 11, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  9. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

The knife. Looks like it is a current incarnation of SanRenMu?

Moshe ben David

10. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

11. SV-97

SV-97 Loaded Pockets

It's a ganzo ;)

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk

12. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I can't abide by tip down. I fixed this several years ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Hagbard81 likes this.
  13. ThaMac

ThaMac Loaded Pockets

Squeeze your wallet. Or better, stay off five clones and get one 0450

In a different thread I explained, how I wanna get down to six knives. Actually four "real" knifes. The 0450 is one of them, say as a dress knife (or such). Or maybe call it low key knife. Cuz the large Inkosi maybe dressy but in no way low key. With only four knives you chose very carefully. So the 0450 being one of them (for me) should say something.

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener.

Adahn likes this.
  14. Powerslave

Powerslave Loaded Pockets

15. Chefget

Chefget Loaded Pockets

16. SaggyPockets84

SaggyPockets84 Loaded Pockets

I wear mine as a neck knife on some 550 cord. Haven't had an issue with retention yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

17. Adahn

Adahn Loaded Pockets

The clone is 2 years old, my last knife was a Sanrenmu 910 for $21 with a $10 coupon, like 3 months ago.
    If I save up for a ZT 0450 then I guess I can buy it next year if I get lucky.

Good thing though is that my new co-worker got bitten by the knife bug lately, his next purchase will be a Spydey Persistence iirc.
    He wants to make some cf scales for it so I guess I will help him with that like I educate him in the job :)
    I just finished to mod a non-locking SRM 9055 into a mushroom knife (karambit blade) and there's a WIP for wood-like cf scales for another one of the same model. It's good for legal carry in Germany but needs way more milling than I expected.

But well, you live and learn and I hope to spread the bug so I can fiddle with some more sharps, the job student is pretty close to buy his first edc knife ;)

TDS likes this.
  18. Harronek

Harronek Loaded Pockets

19. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

oops!

Moshe ben David

Adahn likes this.
  20. Adahn

Adahn Loaded Pockets

I'd say it's a Ganzo F7582AL but with the new Firebird logo. Why they came up with this generic name is beyond me though, only "Real Steel Knives" is worse.

Last edited by Adahn, Mar 12, 2017
    #7740 Adahn, Mar 12, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2017