1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What is your EDC knife, right now? (Chapter 11)

Discussion in 'Knives' started by cowsmilk, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Chefget

Chefget Loaded Pockets

2. SOS24
    • +2 Supporter

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

kdurt, Dombe and Dirty Rod like this.
  3. Radioactive_Man

Radioactive_Man Loaded Pockets

Yowzer! The edge on that looks amazing!

kdurt likes this.
  4. Tuesday

Tuesday Loaded Pockets

No pic atm, but I had been edcing a Delica 4 for quite awhile. A couple weeks ago I purchased and started edcing a manix 2 lw. Today I fondled the delica for the first time since getting the manix. I was pretty blown away by how small the delica felt.

5. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

If you REALLY want to blow your mind, try lining up the Manix, the Delica, and a DragonFly 2 and moving from one to the other. Funny thing is, in a typical sort of urban/suburban setting, for many of us the DragonFly punches so far above its weight that it can handle most tasks great. YMMV of course -- depends on what you want the knife to do!

I don't have a Manix; but I do have a couple of DragonFly(s), both in H1; one with PE and one with SE. I also have a 'bunch' that are in a similar size range: Byrd Meadowlark 2, Delica 4, Sage 1, Native 5. Plus a BM Mini-grip and a Kershaw Blackout.

Why? Just my packrat tendencies coming out! And we won't even talk about various 'traditional' knives that I have that operate in the same size band!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

#7085 Moshe ben David, Jan 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
    kdurt likes this.
  6. ThaMac

ThaMac Loaded Pockets

I just got rid of a Manix 2 CruWear. Whatever it's qualities, that's a hefty piece of hardware if you are just a city slicker.

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener.

kdurt likes this.
  7. Jeckyl1978

Jeckyl1978 Loaded Pockets

Made a lanyard for the monkey. Used a Lego stormtroopers head from my son as a bead hahhahaha. His reaction was. Dad did you steal a Lego head from me hahahahahahha. But it looked cool he said
    [​IMG]

8. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

9. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

Agreed. DF2 has been my goto for quite awhile, it's just recently I forced myself to carry the small sebenza instead.

The Dragonfly has handled everything I've thrown at it, although I thought for a moment I'd broken it when I carved out some pumpkins for Helloween. Turned out to just be pumpkin slaw in the action, preventing a solid lock-up.

I have the basic one in VG10, and although not a super steel, it's a good choice for me, it's holding off rust very well, it's easy to re-sharp and cheap enough to not be a economical disaster if / when I loose it.

Have to admit I'm a little biased though. My EDC folders don't see anything that can be considered hard use, and since I don't require a longer blade (no food prep or self defense) I really prefer short and small.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kdurt and Moshe ben David like this.
  10. Skivic

Skivic Loaded Pockets

Today my trust 940-1, my 1984 Soldier and maroon micarta beer scout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[​IMG]

11. OilMan

OilMan Loaded Pockets

12. Mp31x

Mp31x Loaded Pockets

13. Adahn

Adahn Loaded Pockets

I get your point but that last one was a quick shot, wasn't it? I mean, show me one thing, tool, code, that you could create that's not based on someone else's work. A knife is a knife since thousands of years, folders are there nearly same long. And I guess you didn't invent the computer, did you?
    Thankfully I'm in a handicraft business and don't have to worry about IP and stuff, if someone can copy my quality and ideas by understanding my how and why I did it the certain way than I'm happy, if they can do it better then I try to learn that to make it easier for myself the next time.

TDS and kdurt like this.
  14. Dirty Rod

Dirty Rod Loaded Pockets

No shot. Just a statement. I guess I don't believe that there are no more original ideas.

Cobra 6 Actual, kdurt and Adahn like this.
  15. Moshe ben David

I do not disagree with this. My issue is when the copying extends to brand identity and an outright effort to portray one's work as really being someone else's but at a lower price point. Note also that I understand brand identity to NOT just be the company name. Brand identity includes trademarks, whether in words, a graphic design, or in the design of a component of the product. One example that usually is copied indiscriminately in the pen world is the 'arrow clip' used by Parker. The Parker arrow is part of their identity, just as the spider is Spyderco's identity; the particular butterfly is Benchmark's identity, etc.

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

16. Moshe ben David

For this week my 'on person' edc knives are:
    • RF pocket: Rough Rider Bark Bone Barlow, in a leather slip
    • coin pocket: Spyderco Ladybug H1, SE
    • belt sheath: SAK 'Gadsden' Tinker (i.e., yellow scales, 'Don't Tread on Me')
    • LF pocket: LM Squirt PS4 on a dangler
    L'chaim!

Moshe ben David​

kdurt likes this.
  17. Adahn

Adahn Loaded Pockets

You might be right. it's jsut funny to me how serious some people get about this topic but don't worry about cars that are looking more and more the same untill you need a logo to know the brand (you can even tell it's an electric car, they all all have the same plastic car style to me), not to mention mobile phones and other consumer electronics. Usually the watch collectors seem to be a bit more relaxed about this whole thing.
    Other than that the clones bring down the prices for competitors, when you see that there's Ti framelock folders for $60-100 already (even from Kershaw and iirc CRKT) then there's no real need for clones (if I'd need a new knife I'd strongly consider the chinese CH 3001 parallel lines folder for $60, afaik no copy/clone).

kdurt and Jesus™ like this.
  18. Adahn

Adahn Loaded Pockets

Of course there are. but they all rely on the work other people have done before, let it be knowlegde, tools or materials that were not existent before.
    They all create the ground for new ideas but would be useless in the wrong (economical, social) environment.

TDS and kdurt like this.
  19. jonniewalker

jonniewalker Loaded Pockets

20. hank_612

hank_612 Empty Pockets