1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What is your current EDC handgun?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by drizzle, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clipse

clipse Empty Pockets

Ruger SP-101 in Smartcarry holster.

[​IMG]

2. copykat

copykat Loaded Pockets

found them http://www.smartcarry.com/

Im definatly getting one.
    looks like it would be great for all kinds of edc like knives etc...

3. heck333
    • In Omnia Paratus

heck333 Loaded Pockets

My EDC pistol is a Ruger P93 carried IWB at 2:30 in a cheap Uncle Mike's for now.

4. Lee1959

Lee1959 Empty Pockets

Today I wore the Makarov in an Uncle Mikes Pistol Pac.

[​IMG]

5. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

This week's...

Attached Files:

• kt1.JPG
      kt1.JPG
      File size:
      90.2 KB
      Views:
  6. Random Avenger

Random Avenger Empty Pockets

My EDC is a Kimber TLE/ RL II along with a Kahr PM40. Sorry no pics :'(

7. plblark

plblark Empty Pockets

Give speed strips a try. Not quite as fast as a speedloader but close and the conceala lot better for me. Not to mention one less bulge in the pants.

8. plblark

plblark Empty Pockets

9. webley445

webley445 Loaded Pockets

Yup, thats what I use. In some ways can be faster than loader. read one article of a trainer that advocates slightly unorthodox technique with the strips. Main emphasis is to recharge the loads quickly to get back into the fray, which he points out is the wheel gun's main down fall.
    So reload four rounds with the strip, then close cylinder and engage. Especially helpful for 5 shots. then you will be firing quickly and keep pulling the trigger when you click on the empty cylinder to get to the unspent rounds.

I suppose it would be useful in situations where you may be close and volume of fire was key. The idea for this being that you can waste too much time trying to get that last "1" into the 5 shot. Also of you have to reload after that second cylinder, you will have two shots left on the strip instead of one.

Personally I carry a J frame and keep my strips full with 6. Have seen others that will load only 5 is thats all their peice will hold.

I am surprised that there are so many wheelies being toted. I like them myself, simple to use like my mouse, point and click

10. mtn_guy_79

mtn_guy_79 Loaded Pockets

GLOCK 27, for me. Finally saved enough pennies for it, and picked it uo yesterday. Now I just need to find a good holster for it.
    Any of you guys have a suggestion??

11. Dave in PA

Dave in PA Loaded Pockets

mtn guy 79,

Others might laugh, but try a Glock Sport/Combat belt holster at about $12-$15 if you like belt carry. I have one that I've used for over 13 years that still works fine. It holds the gun close and secure and even will conceal under an untucked polo shirt.

If you prefer IWB carry, there are lots of choices. Try Alessi Talon or Fist kydex for starters. Good luck, holsters can be expensive until you find a good one that suits your body, style of carry and lifestyle.

12. Nighthawk

Nighthawk Empty Pockets

I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in .45ACP. I really like the size as it tends to disappear when I put it on. It has never misfired in three years.

[​IMG]

13. nontypical

nontypical Empty Pockets

Depending on the weather conditions, it's pretty warm in Texas right now, I carry either my Kel Tec P32 or Bersa T :D380. Both of those will conceal pretty easy without wearing a coat or other outer garment. :agree:

14. jamesko

jamesko Empty Pockets

I have inthe past carried a G23 G19 and currently am carrying a SIG P229 in .40 with night sights. Wish I could have kept the Glock but the funding wasn't there. This is my second SIG, sold it for the G19, and wish I would have stuck with the first and supplementd from there. I hae sense came full circle back to the SIG. I would however like to have anothe Glock to companion the SIG.

15. jmateer

jmateer Empty Pockets

Either a Glock 17 with a Surefire X200A and Trijicon Novak Sights (when I open carry)

Or a Glock 19 with XS Big Dots for CCW.

16. plblark

plblark Empty Pockets

I recently purchased a 1911a1 and have been EDCing it for a few days. I borrowed a clip-on IWB holster and have been carrying it strong side just behind the hip. I'm amazed by how concealable it really is. I think with the 7 round mag it would be even more so (no step like shape at the magwell caused by the "extended" mag an slam pad)

While it is doable in a T-shirt with a loose polo / golf shirt for cover, it sure makes my pocket revolver seem comfortable and easy. Even in MN, adding a secod layer over the holster gets a bit warm.

17. Roadkill Bill

Roadkill Bill Empty Pockets

It really depends on what I'm doing, what I'm wearing, day or night. My #1 go to gun is my Glock 21. The largest thing I carry is a 4" S&W 57; the smallest is a Makarov. In between is usually a S&W 19 (2.5"), or a 66 (3").

18. Southern Sunset

Southern Sunset Empty Pockets

Depending where I'm going, what I'm doing and time of year....anything from a NAA .22mag or a Seecamp .32acp, to a S&W 642 or HK P7M8 up to a Glock 22 or my Colt Gold Cup...

19. voodoogreg

voodoogreg Empty Pockets

I was taught to shoot by my WWII vet grandpa'pa, aside from the regular "a small gun in your hand is better then big gun in the car" he also really hammered home the fact that constant practice
    with all your weapon's is a must.(knive's etc, too) that said, I have owned only a few of the main small, medium, and large frame handgun's/pistol's.
            Since i no longer carry for a job(put my self through school working for my families collecton/bond/skip trace company) I now own only a para warthog 45 W/ new improved breach and extracator, and two "old reliable" beretta 950 :censored: 25 acp's. these get a good laugh but with hornady XTP++ JHP's or cor-bon JHP's, I am sure the target won't be laughing.

I do like big gun's too, owned couple SW's: 357 & a 44, and traded the 44m for a DE .50, (another chuckle gun to most) I loved it, less recoil by far over a big bore pistol, and mine was accurate, and reliable for such a missle launcher. (unfortunately had to sell to pay some medical bill's)

I am also sorta old school in that i prefer auto's, but prefer them with a visable hammer.
    love glock's whole concept and realise how safe they are but just can't get around no hammer (DA or SA) love my 9mm beretta 92(oops forgot that one) with the hammer drop mod, which I am sure is less safe than a glock. I may be getting over it though, looking for some newer pocket gun's
    I really would like a NAA 380 or 32, and esp the roarbough (sp?) 9mm. I can't believe how small and well made it look's,, and great review's.
                    I just think it's real important no matter what you carry to know the +'s  -'s of your gun
    and practice so much that it's strength's are well ingrained. and let's hope we never have to use them. VDG

20. bugs

bugs Loaded Pockets

My favorite EDC: Steve Woods Custom Combat Lightweight Commander, .45 ACP, NP3 finish. I had this pistol custom built with all my requested features. It's 100% reliable and has target grade accuracy; carries very easily and is beautiful to the eye. It was well worth the investment I made at the time. I have used this pistol for every course I ever took and for qualification. I have developed all my muscle memory with this particular pistol. When I carry it my auto pilot takes over :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.