1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What is your current EDC handgun?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by drizzle, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nativecajun57

nativecajun57 Empty Pockets

Better than throwing a plastic fork or hamburger if you are in a Burger King when being held up. Any gun is better than no gun.
    And about carry permits. I heard a good on the other day. My nephew told me. "it is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by six" man I cracked up. But all to true and often the jury will side with the good guy which will be you/us. Some one said the .22 mag was marginal. Well I would take it over a standard .38 any day of the year. That is the one that is marginal. Especially in the puny 2 inch barrels they make them in. And even more so when a bullet needs at least in minimum 2.5 inches to stabilize the spin. And of course not to mention all the powder that does not get burned because of the puny two inch barrel. Yep I will take a .22 mag with a 2 3/4 barrel over a regular 38 with a useless 2 inch barrel anyday.

2. watchcollector1968

watchcollector1968 Loaded Pockets

The gun is the NAA 22 Magnum...also comes with a Long Rifle cylinder.

To the poster above who in response to this gun mentioned the Clint Smith/ Thunder Ranch bit about guns being comforting, not comfortable...Yes, I know all that...have been reading all the gun rags since the early 80s and have heard all the quotes from Ayoob, Cooper, Smith and so on.

There are certain situations where a larger gun is simply not possible. Despite some peoples feeling that a 1911 can be carried "all the time"...for some folks that is simply not the case.

I suppose it is just a pet peeve of mine that sometimes there is a thread asking "What do you carry" and no matter what, somebody feels they have to impart some gun magazine wisdom on why your choice is no good because Clint says....

3. awmp

awmp Empty Pockets

S&W M&P mid size 45acp with spare mag, surefire and benchmade

4. J_C
    • In Omnia Paratus

J_C Loaded Pockets

My current carry gun is a Bersa Thunder 45 Ultra-Compact Pro in a UBGHolsters.com Striker IWB holster. It's a comfortable carry combo now that the weather is finally cool enough for jackets so it's concealed.

5. ATXzombie

ATXzombie Loaded Pockets

Springfield full size 1911 in a 5shot iwb holster

6. feesix

feesix Loaded Pockets

Id like to have some of what your smokeing please.

7. Dynamik1

Dynamik1 Empty Pockets

Mine is a Kel-Tec PF-9 in a personalized IWB holster. Initially I had some issues with FTF and FTE but a minor polishing of the feedramp and internals produced a very reliable weapon. No FTF or FTE in more than 1,000 ends. 7+1 of hollow point/FMJ is a great combo to have. Occasionally if I am in a high-risk situation I will carry something with a greater cap such as Beretta 92FS with 15+1 or Glock .40

8. Dynamik1

Dynamik1 Empty Pockets

Regardless what "it" is, you need to be sure of several things:
    1. Your weapon is worn comfortably enough to be worn everyday. This isn't an admonition to find a "confortable gun" but rather to keep trying until you find a holster that will comfortably hold your weapon safely.
    2. Your weapon is one that you have trained with and know how it performs when beckoned.
    3.you have developed a "Warriors" mindset and are willing to pull the trigger if the situation warrants it.

9. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Empty Pockets

HK P30s in .40S&W.
    Used to be a G23, except as a leftie the P30 is more comvenient.

10. joeyontz

joeyontz Loaded Pockets

Springfield Arms XD40 Subcompact .40S&W. I love the gun. It feels great, fire consistent, and ccw well. I usually have it tucked in a Comp-Tac Minotaur IWB Kydex/Leather hybrid. Love that holster as well. Once it breaks in it is literally a part of you.

11. TXTS

TXTS Empty Pockets

Glock 26.

12. Japeatr

Japeatr Loaded Pockets

I also have a Minotaur holster as you describe...i agree it hugs nicely and is comfortable

13. stevem174

stevem174 Loaded Pockets

Glock 22 plus extra mag.

14. Treedog

Treedog Empty Pockets

Wilson Combat CQB Elite

15. fire65

fire65 Loaded Pockets

Glock 23.

16. Il Duce

Il Duce Loaded Pockets

Customized Springer GI in a custom made holster.

[​IMG]

17. DBCstm

DBCstm Loaded Pockets

Lot of good reasons posted for the choices made, but that target full of holes dead center speaks volumes! :)

18. swnh

swnh Loaded Pockets

Glock 26 or Keltec PF9 most of the time (both with ClipDraw belt clips). S&W 629 in low-ride leather when out in the woods.

19. angd5791

angd5791 Empty Pockets

PICS!!! This thread needs more pics of of everyones rig and how they carry it!

20. sharps_74

sharps_74 Loaded Pockets

My EDC is a SIGPRO in .357SIG. It was a combination of things that cause me to go with the SIG. I knew of the quality and that I could expect the pistol to be boring (a good thing when you are talking about a carry weapon, trust me). I got a great deal on it and the dead on SIG night sights helped.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.