1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What is your current EDC handgun?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by drizzle, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allotabass

allotabass Loaded Pockets

I just picked up a S&W Sub 1911 and wore it about all day. Even without a holster (I haven't decided on one yet) it felt comfortable inside the belt.

Way better than my S&W 625 .45ACP revolver. I know not even close but that's what I used to carry. I'm used to the .45ACP round.
    Traded in the old for something new. Great trade price too makes me love the Sub 1911 even more.

2. Trvlngnrs

Trvlngnrs Loaded Pockets

M&P 9c with Leupold Deltapoint red dot sight milled into slide.

Trvlngnrs

3. Garland

Garland Loaded Pockets

Kahr P380 in a FIST kydex pocket holster.

4. FerFAL

FerFAL Loaded Pockets

Glock 31 loaded with Gold Dot.
    Dude... DONT carry a gun that way. At least get a cheapo holster while yo make up your mind but carrying Mexican stlyle willget yuo hurt sooner than later.

FerFAL

5. dennisgibson

dennisgibson Empty Pockets

Taurus PT140Pro in IWB holster.

6. Xapalambos

Xapalambos Loaded Pockets

Sig Sauer P239 in .40

7. Waterborne

Waterborne Loaded Pockets

Ruger SR9c in a IWB Shielded Holster kydex leather hybrid. After shooting many pistols I decided on the SR9c because it ranked the highest on my scale of fit, function and concealability.

8. rule303

rule303 Empty Pockets

Depending on factors like clothing choice

XD9 Subcompact/Speer Gold Dot +p 124 gr/Kydex paddle holster (brand escapes me at the moment)

Taurus 850/ Speer Gold Dot +p 135 gr/ Generic pocket holster

KelTec P32/ Speer Gold Dot 60 gr/pocket holster or grandfather oak kydex nexk holster

9. watchcollector1968

watchcollector1968 Loaded Pockets

Most of the time it is this one. I dont have to dress around it, just slip it in a pocket holster and in my pocket and go.
    Guess I have just gotten a little lazy about dressing around other guns now...this one is just too easy to carry all the time.

[​IMG]

10. heathah

heathah Loaded Pockets

Springfield, I'm assuming... oops, maybe you meant the brand of your kydex paddle holster. If so, please ignore me. ;)

May I ask what Make, Model, and Caliber this one is. It looks very nice.

Heath

11. jwhite75

jwhite75 Loaded Pockets

A self defense handgun is meant to be comforting, not comfortable....-Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch Training Center

12. dennisgibson

dennisgibson Empty Pockets

I'll back you up on this one. I've not bought the "my gun is bigger than your gun" argument. I'm carrying it "just in case" not to have a firefight.

13. roger.weathersby

roger.weathersby Empty Pockets

Looks like a NAA .22 WMR. I'd wonder how fast a draw of that would be.

14. jwhite75

jwhite75 Loaded Pockets

Im not looking to firefight either, but, that is a marginal caliber at best with no range but arms length. You would not want to carry a gun in a pocket with ANYTHING else. Since you are eliminateing a pocket with one of these, get a snub .38 at least. Or a small .380.

15. roger.weathersby

NAA makes some very interesting and very small firearms that will fit the bill and surpass the FBI's recommendations. Can't walk into any old gun store or sporting goods shop and pick up ammo for them, but if the numbers are true, impressive nonetheless.

.25 NAA and .32 NAA Guardian models. http://www.naaminis.com/index02.html

Personally my kel-tecs are small enough and can work with any clothing with minimal adjustment, but I have considered the NAA revolvers as well for options. Not as a primary carry mind you.

16. lexmedic157

lexmedic157 Loaded Pockets

Yeah I deep conceal a Keltec P-32. Obviously not the best choice for a firefight but I'm not going to look for one either. Rather have something than nothing.

17. roger.weathersby

I don't think that most of us would "look" for a firefight, but honestly being underprepared when things do go bad is not my preference. However the gun you have now is better than none at all. I've heard positive tales of self defense with a 22 wmr, as well as things gone wrong with a .45.

Speed of draw and fire would be your first concern, accuracy right up there, then caliber. Although none of those 3 should be neglected. Nor are they mutually exclusive.

In today's market of small firearms, I personally think a person can go with a .380 or higher with very little sacrifice, but it's your life not mine.

Here's to hoping we never have to test these concepts, but me, I'll still go 9mm primary carry.

18. lexmedic157

lexmedic157 Loaded Pockets

It's generally difficult to carry my G-23 on the job so the P-32 works just fine for me. I considered the P3AT but I opted for mag capacity. I do have an extra mag with me as well. I would have to agree with having a generally accepted LE caliber and I do 90% of the time, but I deep conceal the Keltec when I can't have the other. Better to have something than nothing. And, the Keltec has been shot many times (not at people :) ) so I don't worry about the reliability of it. Been a nice little firearm.

19. roger.weathersby

Similar here on the P32. Plus I find i can one hand and off hand shoot the p32 far more accurately than most other subcompact options i've tried. Secondary magazines are not just for ammo capacity, but in case of magazine failure. I try to carry 2 mags when i can. Just hate those 10 round mags, my grip tends to get the feed just off enough to cause issues.

20. nativecajun57

nativecajun57 Empty Pockets

Bersa two toned .380 pistol. Will be getting a revolver just for the inherent safety of them and I can get a large revolver with a long barrel. This only for the home. I do not carry. Even if it is just a .22 there are some that are really big in size and barrels out there that would make me run if I saw one. And eight shots is nice. Of course it can be .22 mag also. Then I can get more play time a lot cheaper with them. Would probably just go standard .22lr. Gotta sell what I have first. Just bought this three months ago. I am nervous may be the term about autos. You have to remember if there is one in the chamber. Then the safety. A revolver you just load it up and its ready. So ya the bersa .380 two tone has got to go first then the mach 2 bull barrel rifle by savage I will be selling as well. Simmons 4x32 scope with it.

Daniel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.