1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What is your current EDC handgun?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by drizzle, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shawn79

shawn79 Loaded Pockets

I currently carry a shield 9mm

warchild likes this.
  2. 44Magpie

44Magpie Loaded Pockets

Been carrying my Kimber SOLO around in a Tagua Leather Company paddle holster. Very comfortable with easy access to the gun.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. charlie fox

charlie fox Loaded Pockets

How do you like the holster? I have one for my CM9 and find it a little bit big, not allowing me to get a good grip when drawing. Great leather work though.

4. Nikos01

Nikos01 Empty Pockets

I have one for my CW9 and it works great, their earlier models were not as well made. The new models have a much better paddle, rigid polymer as opposed to leather that loosened up quite a bit.

5. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

So, while I appreciate this thread with all it's Gun :censored:, I personally learned long ago one good reason not to share what I carry with others. Let me explain what happened to me. :)

I got into a "discussion" with a friend of a friend regarding concealed carry and his beliefs that nobody but the Govt. should have guns. This all occurred at a private residence of another gun advocate where most of us were not drinking so I wasn't concerned about carrying. As the night wore on and this person become intoxicated he confronted me again in a more aggressive tone that earned him an armbar all the way to his car. After leaving him there I returned to the party and he apparently called the police. He told them that I was a carrying a concealed weapon and that I had pulled my "Glock" on him (he heard my friend mention we both had Glocks). Thankfully my Glock was not my carry gun or I would have gone to jail that night with repercussions to my carry status. So, while I appreciate the thread, I am not going to be posting any pics. It's also the same reason why I change up my carry guns regularly. ;)

That being said, beautiful toys everyone!

6. riverfront

riverfront Empty Pockets

Today is a 1911 kinda day [​IMG]

7. acuffj3

acuffj3 Empty Pockets

I just picked up a SCCY CPX-2

8. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

I don't know if you know the history behind that pistol (or it's predecessor), but the guys who make it are great. They are a small shop in the Daytona Beach area and when they started they actually shopped that gun around literally "from the trunk of their car" to local gun shops (I worked in one at the time). The first generation was rough around the edges, but they were phenomenal with resolving issues, I never heard them say "no" once. I have fired this new generation and it's come a long way. I look forward to seeing where they end up in another 5 years. Given that they are still a VERY new U.S. firearms company, I wish them all the luck in the world.

swany66675 and scbubba like this.
  9. acuffj3

acuffj3 Empty Pockets

Yeah I did quiet a bit of research on them before I bought one. So far I love it. The first time I shot it I had a couple of feeding issues so I did a nice fluff and buff on it and now it shoots awesome. I have shot a little over 200 rounds through it. Everything from Hornaday hollow points to Tul steel ammo.

swany66675 likes this.
  10. scbubba
    • In Omnia Paratus

scbubba Loaded Pockets

I've had a CPX-2 for a little over a year. After a few issues in the first couple of months (mostly magazine related) it's never missed a beat. Other than getting replacement mags from the factory (under warranty - no charge) and fixing an extractor issue (warranty - no charge), the only thing done for it was to knock the sharp edges off of the bottom of the mags and thin down the mag release button. It was sticking out far enough that it could be inadvertently hit while firing and disengage the mag. That would stop it from feeding the next round, obviously. Once I shaved it down a little, no more issues.

I've got over 1000 rounds through mine since the issues mentioned above were resolved. It's done great.

swany66675 and warchild like this.
  11. Il Duce

Il Duce Loaded Pockets

Gen 2 G19 in a JM Custom AIWB

[​IMG]

12. Chris_1001

Chris_1001 Loaded Pockets

One of my current EDC guns, the other is a LWS Seecamp .32

[​IMG]

13. acuffj3

acuffj3 Empty Pockets

That's good to hear! I did have to flip the mag springs in mine. Apparently there is a batch that got the springs installed backwards. I also cut down those sharp edges on the mags. I plan on doing some work on the trigger surface to smooth it out as well!

swany66675 and scbubba like this.
  14. ghbrumbaugh

ghbrumbaugh Loaded Pockets

How's that holster working out? I'm thinking about one of those for my P226 MK25 with a Surefire x300.

swany66675 likes this.
  15. warchild
    • Memoria in Aeterna
    • In Omnia Paratus

warchild Eternal Pockets

[​IMG]

I just figured I'd put these here as well.

16. scbubba
    • In Omnia Paratus

scbubba Loaded Pockets

Gonna be putting a new one into duty next week. Just put the order in at the LGS for a Sig P250. Really looking forward to getting it and getting to the range with it....

17. Glockamole

Glockamole Empty Pockets

Keltec P3AT and Glock 26 Gen 4 always.

18. switchblade906

switchblade906 Loaded Pockets

Glock 19 gen 4. Always reliable!

19. MCPOWoller

MCPOWoller Loaded Pockets

How you like the P3AT? I'm thinking of getting one for EDC when I can't carry my PF9 or Ruger SR9C.

20. Lou_G

Lou_G Banned

Still the Steyr M40, now with a Beretta Nano. Sometimes just the Nano when discretion is key.

[​IMG]
    M40 and Nano by mgn_lucifer, on Flickr

swany66675, deusvult and scbubba like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.