1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What is your current EDC flashlight, part three.

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by cowsmilk, Mar 3, 2014.

1. SOS24
    • +2 Supporter

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

HDS is still in my pocket daily
    [​IMG]

aloxide, jcombs, 0880 and 1 other person like this.
  2. jcombs

jcombs Loaded Pockets

It’s a big (thick more than long) light, even for an 18650 cell. I don’t think it’s very pocket friendly and the clip is also big and awkward but it’s a spec beast and the UI is interesting. The push and hold ramp up and down, 2 clicks from off to max, etc are cool features.
    The combo of throw and brightness caught me a little off guard. I don’t have many real search lights to compare but it’s crazy bright and the distance the light travels is insane. Easily worth the ~$125 I paid.

SOS24 likes this.
  3. SOS24
    • +2 Supporter

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

Thanks. I already have a couple lights with the Andruil UI, so I am familiar. I was figuring it wouldn’t be pocket friendly, but with the specs couldn’t resist giving try.

4. jcombs

jcombs Loaded Pockets

You know more about it than I did. With that approach/knowledge I think you will really like it, it’s well made and the specs are not overhyped.

SOS24 likes this.
  5. nicknapp

nicknapp Loaded Pockets

Been carrying this some lately. I REALLY like using it, but it's just a little large and heavy for me.[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

jcombs, twin63 and 0880 like this.
  6. CSG

CSG Loaded Pockets

I have rare need for an EDC flashlight but I carry a Nightcore Tube on my keychain. A third of an ounce, polycarbonate body, flat, single multi-task button, rechargeable, and 45/1 lumens which is way brighter than my phone. It also has a variable function and lockout so no accidental discharge. It was a freebie from a camera purchase (or something) from BH Photo a few years ago and has been flawless. I like it well enough that I bought a couple more of the new version that will arrive this week (55 lumen for high, shorter charging time and longer run time). For $10, I can't imagine a better EDC for someone who doesn't need a flashlight every day/all day.

[​IMG]

#4806 CSG, Aug 2, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    ran23 and Moshe ben David like this.
  7. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

+1 many times over!

Am Yisrael Chai!

Moshe ben David

8. CSG

CSG Loaded Pockets

My post above said, I still window shop flashlights all the time. At home, we have some old Maglite 3 cells that were converted to LED, a few scattered Streamlight Seige AA lanterns (country living = power outages), and my nightstand Night-Ops Gladius. I've had that light (tactical LE light from the old days) for years and it was spendy and near state-of-the-art in its day but it's 80 lumens which no longer seems all that bright (even though, for all practical purposes, it is). There's really no point in replacing it but it doesn't stop me looking!

[​IMG]

twin63 and ran23 like this.
  9. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Turns on in my pocket as do ALL of the Nitecore of the same design.
    Not sure what goes on in there but it is busy in my pockets for sure?!?

10. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

As always a Zebra!

[​IMG]

11. CSG

CSG Loaded Pockets

There's a lockout function with a button press when the light's on. See their website for details.

12. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Yeah I know
    Every one of them turns on in my pocket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Boy SureFire

Boy SureFire May The Bridges I Burn Light The Way

I'm in the same boat with all my older incandescent and early LED SureFires. I can't bring myself to get rid of the stockpiled 15 lumen E1's, but it's just too ridiculously low output/runtime to actually carry when my carry is established with newer stuff. Everything can be converted to bright LED these days... I just don't know if it's worth the money to convert so many lights. My old EDC LED 25 lumen SF E1 Outdoorsman has been in my car emergency kit the last 5yrs.

Moshe ben David likes this.
  14. CSG

CSG Loaded Pockets

Then you've got a lot of pokey stuff in your pockets that's pressing and overriding the lockout function. What you're claiming makes zero sense.

15. FiaOlleDog

FiaOlleDog Loaded Pockets

Keep adding a Lumintop Tool AA 2.0 (with 14500 battery) to my courier bag setup; first only temporarily, now being a frequent rider in the bag.

Testing if this - attached to the base cap shield - can replace my ThruNite Ti20 headlamp - for those "did not bring a headlamp as working hands-free was not planned" situations.

The 650 lumen (turbo mode) are a good chunk above the 120 lumen of my key-ring attached ThruNite Ti3.

#4815 FiaOlleDog, Aug 8, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    dml24 and twin63 like this.
  16. id30209

id30209 Empty Pockets

I’m with M2R Pro hi cri tonight
    [​IMG]

17. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Im hardly the only one who this happens to
    I just have too much in the pockets.
    Anything using a button can not stay loose in my pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. CSG

CSG Loaded Pockets

So you're saying that when electronically locked out, you have something in your pocket that presses against that tiny button for three seconds in a row and activates the the light? OK....

19. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Yes that is what I been saying.
    Every Nitecore that is in the Tube design family has done the same thing for me and I finally stopped buying them at least!

FiaOlleDog likes this.
  20. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

In fairness to @EZDog... I'm a fan of the NiteCore Tube. I have several of the original version and a newer one that has two buttons... Most of the time I do not experience an unexpected turning on of the light(s). However. Every once in a while, usually when it is in a pocket (often a coat pocket in winter) I'll find that the light seems to have bumped or pressed onto something and it is on when I pull it out. Doesn't happen often. Just once in a 'blue moon'.....

All I can say for @EZDog: maybe its something in your pocket load?

Am Yisrael Chai!

Moshe ben David