1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What is your current EDC flashlight, part three.

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by cowsmilk, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Wonder if any of the Chinese sites, e.g., Alibaba, would have it?

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

2. xevious

xevious Loaded Pockets

I've been enjoying my FW3A, as more accessories become available for it. Have a stainless steel bezel & 18350 body on order. I did some mods to mine, that were inexpensive while very effective. GITD insert (surrounds optic), GITD tape on inside and on tail cap groove, replacement Carclo optic, bicycle inner tube segment, and O-ring for added grip.
    [​IMG]

3. Captainkirk

Captainkirk Loaded Pockets

Nice FW3A there. I sure like mine, and they are really nice when they work right. I know Lumintop has had some QC issues along the way, but it is one of my favorite lights. I went to to a 10507 Carclo optic for a little more throw, but that is all I have done to mine.

kirk

xevious likes this.
  4. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I was in here the other night when they turned the lights off and my SC64w went into action a second later,now that was some EDC fun!

And this pic was taken in the middle of the room too!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#4684 EZDog, Nov 21, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    xevious, twin63 and Moshe ben David like this.
  5. kye4some

kye4some Loaded Pockets

Wow that turned out nice

“The rights of conscience, of bearing arms, of changing the government, are declared to be inherent in the people.”

Fisher Ames

xevious likes this.
  6. xevious

xevious Loaded Pockets

Thanks. Mine was from the first batch. The battery tube contact was a little touchy at first. Have to really tighten the parts. The issue with this light was the tail cap being unsecured, where it would fall apart when unscrewed. This was intentional for easy modification. But Lumintop addressed it with a retaining ring. Simply put, best way to change the battery is from the front. That way you don't have to fuss with the clip. Yes, 10507 is my choice too. I picked up 2 others as well for variety. Most enjoyable mod for me has been the optic GITD surround. Really bright! Next thing is the bicycle inner tube segment, which helps a lot with grip. It's always a good feeling to personalize an EDC item like this.

Oh, and one other mod you can't see -- the switch. I took out the small "nubbin" and put in a very small o-ring. This changes the switch characteristic, making it more firm. This alleviates accidental activation. Required pressure isn't bad. There's a noticeable increase in switch noise, but not bothersome.

Captainkirk and keycutter like this.
  7. kye4some

kye4some Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

“The rights of conscience, of bearing arms, of changing the government, are declared to be inherent in the people.”

Fisher Ames

Moshe ben David and Captainkirk like this.
  8. Captainkirk

Can you tell us what size o-ring you have and where you found it? I am also curious about your gitd mods as to sources and prices. Thanks again.

Kirk

9. xevious

xevious Loaded Pockets

Sure. I used a 5/32" o-ring for the switch mod. A while back I bought a full o-ring set off an eBay seller, something like 100 o-rings in various sizes. You can get them for about $7 USD. Better than spending $1 for 1 o-ring. Don't recall the o-ring I put on the outside, but it's pretty common size, easily had anywhere. Head over to BLF (Budget Light Forum) on FW3A mods. Tons of great info there. Some sellers are offering the GITD insert that goes around the optic. I think I paid $10 for mine. Previously, I had used just GITD tape. I cut a strip and put it inside the head.
    That worked OK. Just fades out a bit quick. The GITD insert helped extend glow longevity.

[​IMG]

The Carclo optics can be bought from a variety of sources. I got mine from LED Supply. $1.50 each.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Captainkirk

Thanks for the info, I saw you are xevious over there as well, I just haven't tracked down all the mod posts yet. I will poke around and see what else I can see. Good photos there too.

Captainkirk

11. xevious

xevious Loaded Pockets

You're welcome. There's tons of posts, so many you can get lost in it. I'd start HERE.

12. Stealth digger
    • +2 Supporter

Stealth digger Loaded Pockets

The most reliable flashlight I own is the Fenix PD36R. With everyday use I finally charged it after 3 months......and it had just gone to the 85% indication . That’s a big wow.[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOS24, xevious, twin63 and 1 other person like this.
  13. ty_higg

ty_higg Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. SOS24
    • +2 Supporter

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

Nice to hear you are liking your Fenix. I have a PD35TAC on order.

Stealth digger likes this.