1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What is your current EDC flashlight, part three.

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by cowsmilk, Mar 3, 2014.

1. GaryMc

GaryMc Loaded Pockets

2. weklund

weklund Loaded Pockets

... Trusty Mac's EDC SST-50 ...
    [​IMG]

Kev2488, twin63, Minus28 and 2 others like this.
  3. GaryMc

GaryMc Loaded Pockets

4. FSTP

FSTP Loaded Pockets

My current EDC lights are probably pretty boring compared to most but I've been rotating these two Olights

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. GaryMc

GaryMc Loaded Pockets

FSTP, not boring at all, those are beautiful and great job on the pictures!!!!!!

6. Dirty Rod

Dirty Rod Loaded Pockets

Dirty Rods Surefire Frankenlight. A Backup head with an E1e Executive body. I've got more than a dozen Surefires around the house all the way up to the 1000 Watt Fury but this little guy hits the road with me all the time. Single battery, dual output, 80 lumen, and small enough for any pocket.

[​IMG]

CrisRoss, weklund, Kris69 and 5 others like this.
  7. GaryMc

GaryMc Loaded Pockets

8. gatorbait1872

gatorbait1872 Loaded Pockets

Finally found a light that met my picky needs. Finding a decent light withOUT all the fancy options and not super expensive has been a journey. Finally ran across this light and it's as close to perfect for my EDC needs as any I've found. The Streamlight Protac 1L-1AA. The duel fuel idea is nice, I can run cr123 for max output but if I run into a situation where I just need a battery I can pop in a AA without any modifications. It's a little smaller than my trusty S30R, not a bunch of modes to run through, and best of all a tail clicky. Lots of programming options but I have it set just the way I like it, on or off. Lol. Perfect pocket size for me and no buttons to search for in the dark. And best of all, inexpensive light. [​IMG]

ontheglide, weklund, Kris69 and 6 others like this.
  9. Towanda

Towanda Loaded Pockets

My Nitecore turned out to be a piece of trash, so I replaced it with an Armytek Prime A2 Pro. It runs on 2 AA's and has a magnet in the tailcap, which has come in very handy for finding staples that need to be removed from the paperwork I do at work every day.

GaryMc likes this.
  10. GaryMc

GaryMc Loaded Pockets

11. GaryMc

GaryMc Loaded Pockets

12. Jp85
    • In Omnia Paratus

Jp85 Loaded Pockets

absolutely love that^

specs?

Kev2488 and GaryMc like this.
  13. GaryMc

GaryMc Loaded Pockets

Jp85, Maratac CR123 Stainless Steel from CountyComm. You rotate the bezel on & off for low, medium, high light modes (2, 55, 300 lumens). Very small for a CR123 light and rides great in the pocket plus the stainless steel does not scratch nearly as easy as titanium. $59.95 & in stock right now. Also comes in a Copper version but it's out of stock until January. Love your avatar BTW!!!!!

Kev2488 and Jp85 like this.
  14. Jp85
    • In Omnia Paratus

Jp85 Loaded Pockets

That is great, i will keep an eye out for the copper version since i have been looking for one to go along with my swiss bianco copper alox.

What are the specs on the blade? looks great too.

15. GaryMc

GaryMc Loaded Pockets

Jp85 Folder is a GREAT knife. DPx Hest/f2.0 Black Mr. DP. It's getting hard to find this one. Has a blade of course but also has a bottle opener, glass breaker, and wire stripper. Rides great in the pocket, excellent pocket clip, the Elmax blade steel is great to me. Just a fun fun knife. Made for DPX in Italy by LionSteel.

From the DPx website:
    Stonewashed Elmax steel blade in either plain edge or serrated edge options; Mr. DP pattern engraved on blade; Stonewashed 6Al4V Grade 5 titanium alloy frame lock; Stonewashed stainless steel combat pocket clip with Mr. DP logo; 7/64" sockets in RotoBlock, pivot screw and frame screws so no special tool is required; Tungsten carbide glass breaker with hex base and round replacement screw if needed; Patented Stonewashed Elmax steel blade in either plain edge or serrated edge options; Mr. DP pattern engraved on blade; Patented LionSTEEL RotoBlock system with new single spoke design and 7/64" hex socket; American heavy grip black G10 scale with Mr. DP pattern; 1/4" hex socket driver; Wire strippers jimping; Thumb grip/bottle opener on blade

Specifications:
    Blade length: 3.14"
    Blade thickness: 0.19"
    Cutting edge: 3.10"
    Closed length: 4.38"
    Overall length: 7.63"
    Handle thickness: 0.54"

Probably a lot more than you wanted to know. Thanks. Gary

Kev2488 likes this.
  16. Jp85
    • In Omnia Paratus

Jp85 Loaded Pockets

GaryMc That blade is awesome. Great find. Love the fact that it has a wire stripper

Kev2488, GaryMc and Colt Seavers like this.
  17. Colt Seavers

Colt Seavers Loaded Pockets

Big fan of the O-Light S10R II Baton. Such a great light output for the size of it (500 lumen). Magnetic base and rechargeable too. Can't imagine me needing anything bigger than this for what i do. I recently got in the mail the tiny i3S-CU EOS which im really pleased with, a decent light output for a AAA torch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Minus28, Kev2488, Nekolf and 3 others like this.
  18. Jp85
    • In Omnia Paratus

Jp85 Loaded Pockets

the i3 is 120 lumens correct? i was looking into it on youtube. not a bad keychain light for sure

19. Colt Seavers

Colt Seavers Loaded Pockets

Yeh, i think it is. I seem to remember it's just slightly brighter than the mini maglite, which is 99 lumens.

The i3 has 3 modes though (unlike the mag), super bright, medium and candle. Very useful for those close up tasks that don't require something as bright as the sun.

20. Jp85
    • In Omnia Paratus

Jp85 Loaded Pockets

Colt Seavers is the s10 the one with the rechargeable docking station? I sort of want to maybe invest in a good nightstand flashlight and was looking at the s30R