1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What is your current EDC flashlight, part three.

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by cowsmilk, Mar 3, 2014.

1. weklund

weklund Loaded Pockets

Olight S1 CU RAW
    [​IMG]

Paul B., kensington, O_G and 8 others like this.
  2. Kev2488

Kev2488 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]Nichia 219[​IMG]

CrisRoss, Monocrom, Nekolf and 6 others like this.
  3. Kev2488

Kev2488 Loaded Pockets

Doing some reprogramming [​IMG]

Kase Zome, weklund, Paul B. and 6 others like this.
  4. =RedFox=

=RedFox= Loaded Pockets

Haven't been here in almost 3 years...A flashlight stops working....Came back to see what you guys are using now to buy 1 light.... And this is the result.
    4 new lights added into the rotation. Seems my lack of restraint is still true to form.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Streamlight Microstream, Eagletac D25a Clicky Ti, Thrunite T10T, Thrunite T15T

5. Kev2488

Kev2488 Loaded Pockets

6. Corgi

Corgi EDC Junkie

Do you like your ti5t? I should have black version arriving tomorrow or the day after.

tfbraden likes this.
  7. =RedFox=

=RedFox= Loaded Pockets

i didnt at first. Was surprised how much bigger it was than my other AAA's, i knew it would be longer cause of the clicky but it's also a little thicker. I also didn't like the UI, it is half clicks to cycle then full click to choose, I prefer full click on then half clicks to cycle, but that's what I'm used to. The T10T has my preferred UI.
    But one days carry to get used to it and I like it. Though the Firefly is so dim you don't think it's come on at first, even in a dark room. I know some like that but for me it's too low.
    What has surprised me is how much I like the microstream. The whole tactical black thing is not me, I much prefer the bare metal look. But I like it, and I actually like the simplicity of just on/off one mode, didn't think I would, but I do. It seems brighter than advertised too.

Bad Company and Corgi like this.
  8. Corgi

Corgi EDC Junkie

Alright, cool.

I already knew it would be a bit larger then other AAA lights, but I do prefer a clicky. Otherwise I'd just get a Ti3. I do like the look of the 5 over the 3 also.

What I didn't know until after I had pulled the trigger was that it wasn't full click cycles. But I think I can get used to that.

I like bare metal look too, but that the bare metal is $16 more. :giggle:

=RedFox= likes this.
  9. Kev2488

Kev2488 Loaded Pockets

10. dmattaponi

dmattaponi Loaded Pockets

I may have already written this in this thread, but since I can't remember :oops:...over the course of the last year I've transitioned from CR123 & CR2 EDC lights to AA.

So currently my pocket EDC light is a

Fenix LD09,

and my around the house EDC utility light is a

Fenix E12.

Both run on a single AA and have similar outputs and runtimes I like the LD09 as an EDC light because it comes on in medium, and has momentary function. I like the E12 for around the house EDC because it comes on in low, med, hi and has a simple forward clicky switch. Also using the E12 around the house allows me to preserve the battery on the LD09 for when I'm out and about and may need it.

11. Lollolo

Lollolo Loaded Pockets

[​IMG] Fenix e25 ue. I prefer AA flashlights as edc. Just because the batteries are more available.

Inviato dal mio SM-G360F utilizzando Tapatalk

tfbraden, weklund and Heywood Floyd like this.
  12. weklund

weklund Loaded Pockets

Malkoff Today​
    [​IMG]

CrisRoss, Stormdrane, twin63 and 3 others like this.
  13. steeps

steeps Loaded Pockets

What caused you to switch to AA?

Water-Rat and tfbraden like this.
  14. dmattaponi

dmattaponi Loaded Pockets

I had been using either a Fenix P1D (which eventually became a car light, and a couple of Fenix E15' that I'd carried as my everyday after the P1D for a total of about 8 years (I say a couple because I lost the first one at work somehow). I liked these lights well enough, but there seemed to be an increasing number of times when I would go to use the lights and find my CR123 battery either dead or almost dead. I'd think to myself that it must of come on somehow, and so I'd replace the old with a new battery, back off the head a couple of additional turns to make sure that it was unscrewed enough that I shouldn't have to worry about it accidently coming on, and still it seemed like a regular thing that when I'd need the light the battery would be weak or dead fairly often. I recognize that maybe it was the twisty switch that I was struggling with and I could have bought another non twisty CR123 light, but I got tired of this happening regularly and since I live in a fairly rural area and either had to drive about a half hour to a nearest Walmart, or order online to find CR 123, I finally decided that I'd rather just find a light that would use a readily available AA batteries. It seems there is always a package of AA batteries around the house, or some available at any local grocery store, gas station, etc. I haven't had any problems since switching to AA back in the summer time. I've also purchased 24 eneloop batteries to give rechargables a try. So far I like them.

reppans, Water-Rat, Paul B. and 2 others like this.
  15. this_is_nascar

this_is_nascar Loaded Pockets

As it's been for many years, a Fenix E01 in my pocket and E05 on my keyring.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

kikissabiz and tfbraden like this.
  16. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

Nascar, you don't feel the need for something brighter? Around the house, that'd be fine for me, but out and about in the dark that wouldn't be enough. I do have the old version of the E05 and it's a great light. Simple, durable, and reliable. I attach it to my keys for around the house moments when all I carry is my keys. I have it attached to the keys in a way that I can pull the light outside of the pocket, but leave the keys still clipped inside the pocket with a pickpocket dangler. When I'm out though, I pocket carry a different light and remove the E05 from the keys to keep the keys light and less noisy.

tfbraden and EZDog like this.
  17. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I wonder the same thing?

I have been carrying a newer E05 for a few months now on keys but I also have an E15 on the other keys.
    The E15 I have been using is a whole lot more light than the E05 and the new E15 is a whole lot more light than the old E15 for almost the same size!

I also carry a ZL SC52 all the time in pocket and I just like having enough light to reach a high ceiling or light a huge room that goes dark for no obvious reason when needed.
    I also prefer that it is an AA light as I can find this battery everywhere if needed.

I am loving the E05 but cold not accept it as a main EDC on its own either.

tfbraden and Water-Rat like this.
  18. Kev2488

Kev2488 Loaded Pockets

My first "real" flashlight, HDS Executive 120, with toxic green preon[​IMG]

Slumber, Nekolf, twoisone and 5 others like this.
  19. this_is_nascar

this_is_nascar Loaded Pockets

Plenty of light for what I require. I never need to see more than a few yards in front of me. If I know that something more is required, I'll take a larger/brighter light with me.

With my old school E05, I have hours of workable light and the E01 is basically a spare battery carrier that happens to light as well.

Very seldom have I been caught in a situation where I hoped for more light.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Water-Rat likes this.
  20. Stim

Stim Loaded Pockets

Stylus Pro is still going strong.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

CoreyM60, Water-Rat, Paul B. and 2 others like this.