1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What is your current EDC flashlight? Part 1

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Sgt. LED, Oct 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

Here are 2 of today's 7 EDC flashlights .. Overkill, is not in my vocabulary .
    [​IMG]
    Fenix LD20-Premium Q5 / FARKA 809 V3-Cree WC Q4 cool white LED

BE WELL .. GH

2. Boy SureFire

Boy SureFire May The Bridges I Burn Light The Way

My four EDC lights... Man I really hate my camera.........
    [​IMG]

3. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

Can you cook marshmallows with that thing ? Man I'm envious !

BE WELL .. GH

4. terry221984

terry221984 Loaded Pockets

old nitecore defender not the best but one battery lasts ages and its small enough for jeans pocket

5. mefelan

mefelan Empty Pockets

I just traded in my P2d (CR123) for a Fenix LD01 (AAA)

6. TRUST8383

TRUST8383 Empty Pockets

Fenix PD20

[​IMG]

Take2 likes this.
  7. NoFair

NoFair Loaded Pockets

Very nice! Quite different approach to flashlight design

8. Essexman

Essexman Loaded Pockets

I've an ITP 1AAA Ti on my keys, lightweight, 3 levels.

Also carry a small fenix LT2 (with a CR123 tube) in my pocket which I've had for years.

I might upgrade near christmas to something newer. But I like the old fenix because you change between levels with a twist of the head, nice and simple.

9. uncleben03

uncleben03 Loaded Pockets

My current off-duty carry is a Coleman CR2. Laugh, but it's small and bright (and cheap!). My on-duty EDC is a Fenix TK45. Here's my collection of flashlights throughout the years. I've just recently started becoming interested in them for fun and not just as a tool, so the collection is small and cheap as of now.

From left to right - Rayovac AAA cheapo, Coleman MAX CR2, Surefire G2L, 2x Rocky Sam's Club specials, Streamlight DS LED, Streamlight XT HP, Fenix TK45, 4cell maglight (tried and true!), Coleman headlamp
    [​IMG]

10. Rah14

Rah14 Empty Pockets

4Sevens Preon Revo and Photon Freedom Micro Covert

[​IMG]

Take2 likes this.
  11. somber

somber Banned

Nice gun safety. Were you standing in front of the muzzle when you took this photo? :blinks:

12. CDavisJK

CDavisJK Loaded Pockets

I feel like people call others out on gun safety when it's unnecessary. Do you really think he's going to take 2 extra pictures showing that the gun is empty? It's not pointing at anyone else. Let's just give him the benefit out the doubt instead of assuming he's a total idiot just because he took a picture of a gun.

13. somber

somber Banned

All guns are loaded, never point a muzzel towards something you're not willing to kill, finger on the trigger only when your ready to kill. Are there exceptions to this rule? Sorry, I was taught differently.

edit: it doesn't matter, he can be careless if he wants, even if it is unloaded it's a slipperly slope til one day he thinks it's unloaded and it's not. Talk to you then, right? Lack of gun safety is NO EXCUSE.

14. CDavisJK

CDavisJK Loaded Pockets

I was taught exactly the same. Obviously saying "no exceptions" is the safest way to go. Obviously a gun could potentially end someones life. But the guy's just taking a picture of his gear. But sure, think he's an idiot, think I'm an idiot. But that gun is in a holster, there is 0% chance of the owner getting shot while he's taking a picture. I'm sure the gun is not loaded. If it was that would be totally stupid, but even still, it's in a holster.

Did you really want him to post pictures of the empty magazine and chamber? Would that make you feel better?

I feel strongly about gun safety also, but we don't need every post of a gun to be followed with "nice gun safety".

15. somber

somber Banned

Before I replied, and even in the edit*, I said the same thing in regards to the holster. I'm fully aware that ATM the gun is 'safe' but how many chances are you willing to take? They don't call them accidents because they're planned out.

edit: No reply is necessary, we're on the same page here. I understand where you're coming from, and you understand where I'm coming from. I do not follow every post that has blatant disregard for gun safety with 'nice gun safety, moron', but this was glaringly evident, so this is not an issue. The great thing about these things is that nature has a way of working itself out.

*it's an obvious point that I felt that I didn't need to make since it still doesn't detract from the fact that the gun is still facing the person, this is why I neither said it in my original post or the original edit before you posted since it still does not negate the issue at hand.

16. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

Gentlemen, You both have valid points that are noteworthy but, this is a flashlight thread ,) Now back to the subject ..[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BE WELL .. GH :jacko:

Take2 likes this.
  17. Essexman

Essexman Loaded Pockets

Ooooo nice skull GH, if you don't mind me asking, where's it from?

18. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

I honestly don't know their origin, I traded for them and didn't ask :|
    You might try this link and also try and also search the web ? >> http://skullsvilleusa.com/skull_beads.php ..

BE WELL .. GH :jacko:

19. Traderdell

Traderdell Loaded Pockets

Great picture! The 4Sevens Preon Revo is quickly becoming my favorite light.

20. tonester

tonester Loaded Pockets

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.