1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What is your current EDC flashlight? Part 1

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Sgt. LED, Oct 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seawolf69

seawolf69 Empty Pockets

I've switched to the streamlight nano on my car keychain and moved the quark mini 123 to my EDC stationery case that i keep in my bag.

2. NoFair

NoFair Loaded Pockets

Today it is a titanium Quark AA tactical with a neutral white R2 xp-e in it. Usually run it on 14500s. This gets rotated with a HDS running a neutral white R2 xp-e.

Back up is a Ti Preon I on my car keys.

There is a Zebralight H501W and a Raidfire Spear (Milky U2 will replace it) in my bag. All except the Preon are neutral white.

Sverre

3. W1IM

W1IM Loaded Pockets

Fenix PD30. I added a black and green parachute cord lanyard.

Absolutely love it.

4. RoadLessTraveled

RoadLessTraveled Loaded Pockets

Quark 123² R5 Edition (230 lumens max)

5. kthearling

kthearling Empty Pockets

For quite a while I was carrying a Surefire G2 but I always thought is was a bit too bulky and I the plastic made it feel cheep. I also disliked the two batteries. Then I picked up a couple of the Fenix single cell flashlights and found that I really loved them. The P2D is a perfect size; the only negative is the CR123 battery -- I prefer standard AA & AAA batteries despite the performance differences. So I settled on a L1D. I absolutely love it. So much so that I picked up about ten of them and gave them to family members for gifts -- better than giving slippers at Christmas!

6. Erik88

Erik88 Loaded Pockets

Streamlight Stylus Pro. It's cheap and fairly bright once you add lithium batteries

7. thiescea

thiescea Loaded Pockets

Fenix E01 on keychain. The Inova X5 stays at home and has been replaced with a new X1 in my bag.

8. LightChaser

LightChaser Empty Pockets

I carry a Fenix LD10 in my pocket and an E01 on my keychain. I also have a Surefire G2 in my bag.

9. Lafferjc

Lafferjc Loaded Pockets

Fenix mini LD01 on my keyring. Simple, light and practical. Though I may want to get something with a button on/off as opposed to a twister.
    Lafferjc

10. brix

brix Loaded Pockets

NiteCore EX10, Fenix PD20 and an Quark 123 Ti Mini today in my pack

11. sjmack

sjmack Loaded Pockets

My Quark 123 finally showed up yesterday. Great light, except I am disappointed in the UI. I can understand it if it was in the tactical version, but not the regular version.

12. xdivercrete

xdivercrete Empty Pockets

ITP A3 EOS upgraded at my keys Nitecore Extreme on my and Surefire G2 modified in my bag

13. mtwarden

mtwarden Loaded Pockets

^ what modification do you have on your G2?

< has a couple of G2's :)

14. xdivercrete

xdivercrete Empty Pockets

simple ones.a solarforce R2 led,a G&P strobe tail switch.and from time to time a high strike bezel (again from solarforce) or a daniel defence offset mount.

15. Five-s3v3n

Five-s3v3n Loaded Pockets

I used to carry around a G2L for a year or so until I lost it (now found) under a couch for two years. During that time, I pried into many alternatives such as a minimag with TerraLux 130lumen conversion, a diy light, my phone and a few keychain lights.

Nothing really satisfied my thirst for a overwhelming light, so I ventured on ebay and came across my first chinese light. The Ultrafire A40B. Advertised as 140 lumens (utter :censored:), 5 modes (never worked), GITD tailbutton, and the ability to use 3.0 and 3.7v batteries for only $20 got me hooked. Later to my dismay, I found I had to rewire the LED for direct drive as the seller would only give me a partial refund. Even then I was happy with my bright light running on protected 16340s. Bought a "UniqueFire" knockoff of the Ultrafire (I assume?) and was still less than impressed. No modes (advertised 5), whiter but less bright light than my first chinese one, and a somewhat faulty switch.

Just this past weekend, I found my old G2L under a couch that I had lost for almost 3 years. After restoring it, I've tried EDCing it, but it's just too bulky and couldn't compare to the convenience of a clip and size of my chinese lights. Yesterday a driver circuit I had ordered and forgotten about came in the post, and after modifying it to fit in my A40B, I'm extremely impressed as to how it performs.

[​IMG]

3 modes (w/ memory) = High - Low - Strobe
    High is brighter overall and has greater throw than my G2L
    Low is perfect for every day scenarios
    Strobe is quite bright and has useful "tactical" applications

If only it were as durable as a SF, I think it would be my perfect flashlight!

16. FixIt

FixIt Empty Pockets

I've got a quark mini AA with neutral white LED on my keys. In the dark season I'll usually carry a regular quark (neutral white version) in my coat pocket as well.

17. Kilovolt

Kilovolt Loaded Pockets

Maglite XL100

[​IMG]

18. Jerkeejoe

Jerkeejoe Loaded Pockets

I got a Surefire L1 and a Milkyspit Creemator the other day and I've been carrying those, however, I've got a custom built Milky Legolas on the way, and I think that will probably take over when it gets here.

19. turan tactical

turan tactical Loaded Pockets

Got a Chinese made one on keychain, I don't know the brand but works well. I ordered my Fenix TK12 R5 last week, hope it arrives :)

20. vegassprky
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Circuits

Got one of these a couple of weeks ago. It works pretty good but wish it had a place to put a lanyard! Is a little weird with the way you adjust the output but I do like that its made in the USA!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.