1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What is your current EDC flashlight? Part 1

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Sgt. LED, Oct 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sgt. LED

Sgt. LED Empty Pockets

Maratac AA twisty on the way from Countycom.  ;D

2. kz1000s1

kz1000s1 Loaded Pockets

HDS EDC Ultimate 60 upgraded with an XP-G R5 LED in my pocket, and a Fenix LOD-CE on my key chain.

[​IMG]

3. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

Still humming along with either Fenix L1 or P2 or LumaPower Connexion or Incendio as Primary and EagleTac P10C2 as secondary.

4. etc

etc Loaded Pockets

That does look interesting. I wonder how it would work on 2xAAA eneloops or Lithiums.

5. solocanoe

solocanoe Empty Pockets

so glad I got the pic thing going...here is my Surefire E1B
    [img width=640 height=480]http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r115/fsmh3/surefireE1B.jpg[/img]

battle scars are from about 2 years now of CONSTANT carry -
    really think I use this thing 5 times a day on a slow day...5x that on a heavy use day/night
    one CR123 lasts a very long time - and I love how it defaults to "blinding protection mode"
    prob. my best $-to-useage-purchase...even at $149...

clipped in my weak-side pocket (RH for me)
    clipped to a PFD when I'm paddling
    clipped in a smart carry every night with the Glock23 (backsleeper)
    Also has it's own "spot" in the Tommy's Gun Pack
    It's been dropped countless times on everything from garage floors to slipping from my hand and 15-20 feet down on some rocks on a portage trail...I've been dunked with it at least 4 times I can think of...once I swam for 10 minutes to catch up to my boat...all I've ever done is change the battery when it needed it.

6. Helstar

Helstar Loaded Pockets

been carrying my Nitecore EZCR2 lately. Great little light.

7. bjjprepared

bjjprepared Loaded Pockets

Be carrying the nitecore d10 I got for Christmas.

8. ssmtbracer

ssmtbracer EDC Junkie!!!!!

Surefire LX2 and E1B

9. alexcarp

alexcarp Empty Pockets

Been carrying around a streamlight stylus pro and I am loving it. It hides deep inside my left pocket clipped on and easy to get to. Dont even notice its there. The only thing i am worried about is how long the tail cap is gonna last. As for now Im loving it, heavy duty and a enough light for what i need it for.

10. DemskeetSkeet

DemskeetSkeet Loaded Pockets

I've had my "Fenix Stream" light in my back pocket for over a year now and the tail cap is still mint!!!

Definition of a "fenix stream": Micro stream or Stylus Pro with a Fenix head on it.

I have a Micro Stream with a Fenix l0d-q5 which I don't think they make any more. It gives you all of the functions that the Microstream come with but 5 different settings. No modifications needed!! Low-Medium-High plus S.O.S. and Strobe.

I also have a Stylus Pro with a LD01 which doesn't have the strobe or S.O.S.

All of my Streamlight series lights Tail Caps are mint. The Microstream is often sat on because I carry it in my back pocket clipped. Don't even notice it's there.

11. RFA3

RFA3 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    I picked up a streamlight stylus . Fits in my shirt pocket like a pen and i have been reaching for it 10 times a day . Great light for under 20 bucks!

12. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

I am still EDCing my McGizmo Haiku!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this light.
    [​IMG]

13. tower
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

Funny you should mention... I just picked up one of those and one Micro Stream (shorter and one AAA instead of 2)
    http://www.brightguy.com/newsletter/STR66318review-3.jpg
    and one Nano:
    http://images1.opticsplanet.com/640-640/opplanet-streamlight-nano-light-with-white-led-black-73001.jpg
    http://www.brightguy.com/images/bgimages/STR73001_2.jpg
    These are so handy, I went to NY dinner with 5 women. It was dark and the Micro Stream was a total hit for reading the menus. All these lights are excellent and for the price and no tears if they should "grow legs". So unlike my Fenix PD20, the Micro stream carries on an outside pocket (very handy). Only hitch, on the Nano (at least the one I got) feels like it has a a risky lack of resistance when unscrewed to turn off. Still I recommend them all.

14. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Sadly, the Nano has a well-earned reputation for the head becoming unscrewed from the body and the cells falling out. An annoying issue if carried in a pocket. Unfortunately, I kept mine on my keyring ... hanging off of my belt. Before I lost the head, it was my favorite tiny keychain light. Unlike my Photon II, the Nano is actually very water-resistant. My new tiny keychain light will be a Photon Freedom, soon as it arrives in the mail. (I hear it's far better in the rain than the Photon II).

15. Blades

Blades Loaded Pockets

My newest flashlight: Mini Quark 123. Smaller and brighter then my old Fenix P1.

Jason

16. tower
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

I wonder if I should drop a little non-permanent locktite on it. Wadayathink, Mono?

17. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

Won't you not be able to activate the Nano if you put loctite on the head?

18. airsofter31

airsofter31 Empty Pockets

fenix ld01 in my pocket to high school every day, love it a lot of lite and hardly notice it in my pocket. :)

19. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

That would likely cause the exact opposite problem. The Nano is still a nice light. If you carry it on your keys, be sure they're kept in your pocket. That way, you can just re-attach the head when it comes off.

20. jetpack

jetpack Loaded Pockets

Fenix LD10 with clip when I'm not in school. Unfortunately I probably have got bad one - there is an awful darker ring between hotspot and spill :(
    However, it's rather good light - very bright. But the beamshot is annoying me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.