1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What is your current EDC flashlight? Part 1

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Sgt. LED, Oct 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Southpaw

Southpaw EDC Junkie!!!!!

How do u like your jetbeam rrt01??? 500 lumens for a pocket rocket covers all basis doesn't it??

2. Southpaw

Southpaw EDC Junkie!!!!!

Why is that? How'd the throw on the pc 10?

3. willydigger

willydigger Loaded Pockets

I have a PC10 on order. I don't know about the throw or anything yet I want to get my hands on it.

The V11R is a fine light. Looks beautiful, I like the fins on the head, the size is nice, and I actually prefer the metal button.

The CONs are big cons for me. I hate the slow on for anything not full on. I have noticed no matter where I set the dial, whenever I turn it on, it's on minimum. I assume from pocket rub. It's also and $80+ dollar flashlight.

For me simple is better. The BC10 was nearly perfect in that regard, but I didn't feel comfortable with the BC10 LED and RCR123's. The PC10 has the XM-L. I'm not sure I'm a fan of that since it's more floody than throwy, but I'll see. I may end up taking back the BC10 from my wife and giving her the PC10 if the UI is stupid. My only hesitation is the multi-click EDC mods for strobe and SOS which are extremely overated and IMO unnecessary.

I'll have more input once the PC10 arrives. :D

4. Southpaw

Southpaw EDC Junkie!!!!!

As much as I'm looking at a dedicated EDC light, pocketability is just as important as performance and :censored: its hard not to take the microstream out of my pocket! It's so light I don't even know its there until I need a light and it surprisingly shoots out a nice bright beam. Saw a YouTube vid of someone using a 10440. Gonna try it it myself. Who knows? If it really does shoot out over 128 lumens, with this size I might just keep the little thing!

SAKplumber and KAMM like this.
  5. Southpaw

Southpaw EDC Junkie!!!!!

Cool thank u for your quick response. I've mentioned before I'm looking into getting the v11r but I'm also big on pocketability and I know as short as the v11r is, to me it's a little on the stubby side so it might not be as comfortable. That or I might of been spoiled with my microstream (planning on 10440ing it). So if there's a drastic difference in brightness (28 to 128 lumens) I might just keep the thing bc it's just so darn small, light, and simple to use.

I've also been looking for a light that's small enough to pocket but can give out a decent throw. So far, with my sipik sk68, no one can beat its size and throw for less than 6 bucks.

6. Scott Mason

Scott Mason Loaded Pockets

A Maratac AAA rev 2 and a Streamlight stinger with a Terralux LED conversion.[​IMG]

7. willydigger

Personally I think the single CR123 sized lights are ideal pocket carry lights. The V11R is a little short, but just a little, and still easy to manage.

My ideal light would be taking the looks of the V11R, adding a high/low head twist like the BC10 and calling it a day. The variable isn't worth the slow on and "pocket adjustment".

AAA lights are too small for pocket carry for me. I did have a Microstream in my Skinth and upgraded to the Maratac Copper. Partly because of the higher lumens, but more so because of the copper. :D The Microstream is by far the most reliable and easy to operate AAA that I've owned. The Maratac UI is okay, but I'm not a fan of twist head operation. My CQG died after a few months. The Microstream is still serviceable in a pinch.

BTW 28 and 128 are very noticeable. Be careful of run time. I've had a couple lights die on me. Fortunately I carry a butt load of lights. :D

Southpaw1925 likes this.
  8. jkwrangler08

jkwrangler08 Empty Pockets

For EDC and work it's either my Fenix PD10 or PD31

9. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Love the look of that SL.

keith1234 likes this.
  10. AnthonySC
    • In Omnia Paratus

AnthonySC Loaded Pockets

Maratac AAA

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2

scottandrews6 likes this.
  11. calipsoii

calipsoii Loaded Pockets

With the forecast predicting cold and flurries, today seemed like a good day for a couple HCRI Peak lights
    [​IMG]

Take2, hiljentaa, angusW and 2 others like this.
  12. Southpaw

Southpaw EDC Junkie!!!!!

Anyone have any experience with the Nitecore EC2 or any of their Explorer series lights?
    [​IMG]

13. enki_ck

enki_ck Loaded Pockets

What's the Sanrenmu? I've never seen that model before.

14. jim from california

jim from california Loaded Pockets

payed a visit to my local knife shop,mainly to shoot the breeze and check out a bk9 knife(want one)..saw they had a fenix e01 on sale for 10$..had to get it since my current edc lil light was just about dead...woohoo just 10 bucks,could not pass that up! best part is that for just 10$ i didnt have to hide it from the wife....

15. Knightrock
    • In Omnia Paratus

Knightrock EDC Junkie!!!!!

I have a Fenix that uses CR123s in the car, as well. Oh a a Nano on my keychain..

[​IMG]

16. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Accidentally posted this in EDC Knives for some reason...so here it is...
    Work light EDC has consisted of the ZebraLight H600, Copper Maratac, and the Fenix LD15. I rarely use the Fenix as it is in the corner of my LFpocket, directly inline with my Skinth. I carry it because I have it:) But the Copper Maratac, with its high and then low settings, does the most of my poking around any given day of the week.
    But nothing lights up a crawlspace like the ZebraLight H600. Its spider spookin'' bright:)
    [​IMG]

17. willydigger

I got my PC10 in the mail today. First some pics. (Top: PC10 w/modified clip, BC10, V11R)
    [​IMG]

RRT0 Clip.
    [​IMG]

No orange peel reflector on the PC10 (top). It is a polished reflector. I thought it might be a problem since most of my light have orange peel, but it doesn't bother me at all.
    [​IMG]

Buttons. I will miss the dressy V11R button. The PC10 and BC10 are nearly identical.
    [​IMG]

Overall, the EDC settings on the PC10 are stupid. I wish manufacturers would follow a "less is more" concept. I have my EDC setting set to medium lumen. If you click to quickly on the momentary it will change, so I will likely never use the EDC setting option unless I want to play with strobe.

misterS likes this.
  18. Knightrock
    • In Omnia Paratus

I agree, sometimes, less is more..

19. Knightrock
    • In Omnia Paratus

Here's the Fenix 20, I keep in the car: [​IMG]

Take2 and keith1234 like this.
  20. Scott Mason

Scott Mason Loaded Pockets