1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What is your current EDC flashlight? Part 1

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Sgt. LED, Oct 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hazna

hazna Loaded Pockets

I actually like the step-down warning in the new zebralights for a couple of reasons:
    -I'd prefer not to discharge my 18650 too low, if possible
    -I don't want to be left dark suddenly with no warning (in case I'm not carrying an extra battery

2. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

I like my Zebra H30 for reading and when the power goes out.

But my Fenix P2D is with me until the end I think.

3. BCountryTrekker

BCountryTrekker Loaded Pockets

So I have enough flashlights, but all these Zebra posts made me realize that I don't have a light anything like that. So being the bang for the buck guy that I am, I stumbled on this light on another flashlight forum's group buy while lurking. It runs AA and 14500 batteries with Cree XR-E Q5 LED, and rated at 230 lumens with 120 min burn time. Infinitely dim-able fairly even floody beam and and an SOS mode through a lexan lens. At 3.5" long it comes with a medium duty headband and a decent magnet on the base and a nice pocket clip (barely visible with my lousy photography). Found this Ultrafire UF-H2b on sale for $26 shipped. Initial impression, seems solid and at least the quality of my ITP EOS upgraded.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. J4C3

J4C3 Guest

Looks great how do you find it,any chance of a review?

5. MDCCLXXVI

MDCCLXXVI Loaded Pockets

Any rational reason you choose to EDC a light which requires that sort of attention? I was using my SureFire E1B yesterday in the backyard doing some pool pump repairs ... It was dark and my E1B was on for awhile. It started to dim, and by the time I was finished the repairs it was very dim (maybe 2-5 lumens) and in a state of constant flickering for awhile ... I didn't have to worry about over-discharging or the light shutting off suddenly. I finished the job, went inside and put the cell in my little depleted-cells baggie and put another fresh cell in. Thats that.

Just seems a little foreign to me, carrying around a tool with those serious limitations.

6. JAfromMn

JAfromMn Banned

I feel the same way.
    I was planing on getting the H600 but I need my light to stay on full power. I can carry extra batteries.

I don't want to have to stop working just to reset my light.

It's a good idea that would come in handy now and then but I wish there was a way to enable or disable that feature.

And that mean's I get to keep hunting for the perfect yard work / camping light :bounce:
    :ninja:

7. Riggs

Riggs Loaded Pockets

:bored1: Messin about

Jetbeam e3s... the only torch i have... for now :evilgrin:

[​IMG]

Take2 likes this.
  8. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

reason: Dazzling brightness.

and when it steps down you are still ahead of everyone else. and no baggie, they are rechargeable.

9. 00ChevyScott

00ChevyScott Loaded Pockets

10. Kripto

Kripto Evil Sid

I just got a SC31W from IlluminationGear (no affiliation) and I have to say, I'm surprised that it took me this long to get a Zebralight! I've now got a SC80 and and SC31W and LOVE them both. The pictures of the SC31 don't do it justice. The light is tiny and bright as heck. I'm definitely getting one of the H series soon. (gotta spend the cash before the new baby is born :) )

11. JAfromMn

JAfromMn Banned

I got to eat my own words a little bit. The H600 dims to 420 lumens. Way more than enough light for what I need to use it for.

I still wish I could disable that feature.

The Zebralight SC51W is one of the best light I have. I really should give the H600 a try I'm sure I'd love it.

:ninja:

12. jnsn

jnsn Loaded Pockets

glad to hear! i have one (cool white sc31) along with 3 AW cells and charger under the tree right now, the wait is killin me lol.

13. Kripto

Kripto Evil Sid

I say sneak and grab it, who would know! :)

I LOVE my AW cells.. Best purchase in batteries I've ever made. Did you get the Pila charger? I'm loving mine. :)

14. JAfromMn

JAfromMn Banned

My iTP SC2 Eluma came to work with me today.

[​IMG]

15. jnsn

jnsn Loaded Pockets

got it! no its an ultrafire charger but itll work for now. light is tiny!! cant wait for dark

16. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

Unless someone has a compelling argument why not, I am going to order a 4sevens Quark 123 R5 without clip early next week.

I carry P2D daily and Quark UI takes no change in operation to have a WAY lower low (Moonbeam mode) and most probably a higher high.

I am interested in the twist collar lights such as Jet RRT-0 and Sunwayman V10R but the Quark is like an old friend!

17. enki_ck

enki_ck Loaded Pockets

18. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

Klarus NT10 looks a wee bit interesting, but 8 lumens is not much different from 9.....

The main thing I'm looking for in a new light is a LOW low. Otherwise I see no reason to change from my P2D just for the sake of change!

19. Gnarly
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

I'm sure you'd love it,too!

JA, even if you could disable the stepdown, you'd soon choose not to,IMHO.....it would get hot enough to burn your hand!

It warms the very cockles of my heart to see so many Zebralightfreaks here!

Still waiting for that email from Tod @ illuminationgear that says: 'Your H600W's are in!'

Have bought 7 ZL's already: 3 were for gifts.

And I was even considering a SC600W, later....

But about an hour ago, much to my amazement, my older B'rer: :santahi: and my younger B'rer: :santahi: brought me this, in the new 'Warm' version:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

It's beginning to look a lot like CHRISTMAS! and soon, it'll be dark outside....:evilgrin:

20. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

Wow Gnarly...you could bring a plane down with that thing! Have fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.