1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What is your current carry handgun, part 2?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by cowsmilk, Jan 29, 2015.

1. scbubba
    • In Omnia Paratus

scbubba Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the reply!
    I have a Sig P250 so I think it has a similar trigger (except for being hammer fired vs striker).
    I'm hoping to try one of these out at a nearby range soon. I'd like a pocketable Sig for shorts weather.

Weej likes this.
  2. addictedhealer

addictedhealer Loaded Pockets

Little bit of this today.
    [​IMG]

3. CDKJudoka

CDKJudoka Loaded Pockets

I don't think a Glock will ever be in the cards for me, since I am too much of a Sig fanboy. My EDC for today.

[​IMG]

4. IMightBeWrong

IMightBeWrong Loaded Pockets

First of all, I can't believe it took me this long to notice another "Bully" on these boards. I guess I haven't been active there in a while, though. Either way, hello!

Second, I really don't think you're missing out on anything by choosing SIG over Glock. I've owned 5 different Glocks in the past and 2 SIGs. Another SIG will be in my future, another Glock is a little far-fetched. I've just been too spoiled by owning firearms that are made with excessive amounts of quality to go back. Glocks are good, but the comparison is kind of like comparing a Delica to a Sebenza. They both are great tools, but one is blatantly built to a different standard than the other.

By the way, if you love SIGs you should fondle a Sphinx SDP when you get the chance. I think the trigger and ergonomics will pleasantly surprise you. They really belong in the same class together.

hawkeye-, Weej, Grumpy521 and 3 others like this.
  5. r_senik

r_senik Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Full FDE g19.

Rfpd29, hawkeye-, Weej and 12 others like this.
  6. Petorbius

Petorbius Loaded Pockets

Kel-Tec PF9. Cheap, makes sense, and I can shoot it well.

7. Jonb74

Jonb74 Loaded Pockets

Either of these depending on what I am wearing. Smith 3913 or Kahr PM9
    [​IMG]

hawkeye-, Weej, Cory_23 and 12 others like this.
  8. MCPOWoller

MCPOWoller Loaded Pockets

I carry my PF9 with the belt clip IWB. I'm thinking of getting Pop's trigger installed.

[​IMG]PF9 by phcwoller, on Flickr

Weej, Grumpy521, Jerry L and 4 others like this.
  9. scbubba
    • In Omnia Paratus

scbubba Loaded Pockets

Still the trusty Sccy CPX-2
    [​IMG]

Rfpd29, troutster52, Weej and 10 others like this.
  10. Wyatt Zornes

Wyatt Zornes Empty Pockets

11. RBid

RBid Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

This is the 'tactical' part of my EDC, plus a folder thrown in for discussion purposes. While I don't object to others doing so, I do not carry a folder for tactical purposes. Mine are for utility. My 'tactical' considerations are a single CR123, high output light (5.11 TMT L1 @ first click --> 212 lumen high) and a Glock 19 Gen 4. Someone made a comment a few posts back about Sig vs Glock that I don't really object to, but wanted to sort of respond to.

I used to work in the gun business, and have handled and/or fired most popular service and compact semiautos. My favorites for pleasurable shooting are 1911s, Sig P226, and Walther PPQ... but I recently cut back to two firearms: twin Glock 19 Gen 4s, each with Trijicon HDs. Simply put, I don't get excited by handguns anymore. To clarify: I love shooting and doing dry fire drills (which I do very frequently), but the hardware doesn't excite me.

But, I get it. The way a lot of guys are about Sigs or nice 1911s, I am about folders. My pistol isn't sexy, but nobody sees it. My folder? The Lionsteel TiSpine is a sexy beast, and people see it a lot when I'm working.

We've all got our things :)

12. COfastwrx

COfastwrx Loaded Pockets

Well I caved and ordered a Sig 1911 Ultra 2 Tone today. Ill post pics when its here, really excited for this one. I also ordered a carbon fiber IWB holster for my 938 and am shopping for a holster for the Ultra.

13. Questionablesanity

Questionablesanity Loaded Pockets

Just got a M&P Shield in 9mm. Usually carry a Makarov 9x18, however the ammo is getting way to hard to find and to expensive when I do.
    [​IMG]9mm shield by questionablesanity1, on Flickr

14. SlyFerret

SlyFerret Loaded Pockets

Nice! I've been keeping my eye out for a 3913 to keep my 4006 company. Love those 3rd gen Smiths.
    -SF

Weej and scbubba like this.
  15. WMoon

WMoon Loaded Pockets

I wish I could find a way to tote this for when my CCP comes in... Too bad it weighs as much as a Desert Eagle...

[​IMG]

hawkeye-, Weej, Gary Gross and 6 others like this.
  16. kunegos

kunegos Loaded Pockets

17. CDKJudoka

CDKJudoka Loaded Pockets

I wouldn't be too surprised if there are others on this board or others. I think tgace is here as well. I still go to the boards every once in a while, but I interact with other bullies on the FB page.

As for the Glock vs Sig thing, I am totally with you. I have 2 Sigs, an XDm, a CZ Clone and an M&P coming soon. Every time I have tried a Glock, I have not been impressed with the ergos or the trigger. I have a bunch of friends who drink Gaston's Kool-Aid, and keep trying to have me take a sip. Not gonna happen. I fondled an SDP at a local gun shop, and it was sweet. Not sure how I would be able to justify a purchase like that to my wife, but if I come into some cash, and they have it in .40, I will definitely buy one.

But I bet it shoots like a .22.

Oh, and here is my carry today.

[​IMG]

Last edited by CDKJudoka, Feb 12, 2015
  18. geekandwife

geekandwife Loaded Pockets

A pops trigger is in the works for my PF9. I never carried much for the clip on mine though. Even with a kydex trigger guard I never felt it was really secure.

Weej and scbubba like this.
  19. Crippletron
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Crippletron Loaded Pockets

Got my new holster for the colt. The front slider serrations were scratching my wheelchair and f150 leather seats
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Bowman1911

Bowman1911 EDC Mechanic

Still switching between the Kahr PM9 (9mm), Glock 26.5 (9mm or .40), and Colt New agent (.45acp) depending upon weather & travels. Still can pop Mozambiques between 20-25 yards (depending on which gun) with all three from concealment.

Rfpd29, Weej, Puinsai and 2 others like this.