1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What is this loop on my Falcon II for?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by homebrw, Nov 4, 2011.

1. homebrw

homebrw Loaded Pockets

I absolutely LOVE my new Maxed Falcon II pack. I use it for a work (laptop, files) + edc stuff, and for me it is perfect. I have tried and owned a Condor, Operator and Kodiak, and this beats them all. I liked the Kodiak a lot, especially the size and organization, but the single strap is a killer with everything I have inside. I really don't like the gearslinger single strap for carrying further than the house to the truck. I can't see how this is comfortable for carrying anything heavier than sweaters.

My only beef on the Falcon II is that there really isn't a name tape and Velcro patch panel like all the other Maxed stuff I have bought.

[​IMG]
    Any who, it has this button strap thing at the top, and I have no idea what it is. I can't see where it could be used for locking the paracord pulls, neither can I see where it could hold anything tubular like the dual adjustable straps on my Operator. Is it for a hydration tube? If so, it still seems like an odd design. There is another pull up strap towards the back that is used for routing the tube. Either way, it sticks up and seems out of place.

Thanks, Chris

Here are some full pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit EDC Junkie!!!

you zip up your main compartment with the zippers meeting at the top. slip snap strap through the two loops and snap it. It's just a deterrent to slow someone down if they decide to try and unzip your pack while you're wearing it.

3. Il Duce

Il Duce Loaded Pockets

+one

4. yellowhammer

yellowhammer Loaded Pockets

What they said. I'd just like to add - good-looking bag. :thumbsup:

5. homebrw

homebrw Loaded Pockets

Thanks everybody. I didn't think it was the paracord lock since it was so BIG and TALL. Did I mention I love this bag? After 6+ bags in the last three years, this is the most I have ever liked a bag. I guess it's a sickness though...I have a box full of holsters too.
    Chris