1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What is the oldest item in your current EDC?

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by el_murdoque, Sep 30, 2019.

1. MOD-u-LAR

MOD-u-LAR Loaded Pockets

My maternal grandfather's Tiffany Sterling Cigarette Case. Doesn't hold as many smokes as it did in his day, not made for filters so the smokes sit at an angle. Carries 7 easilly and 8 with some cramming.

WillAdams likes this.
  2. chuckt62

chuckt62 Empty Pockets

Live Free or Die
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Stealth digger likes this.
  3. bryan123

bryan123 Loaded Pockets

Camillus Cub Scout pocket knife from 1967.

I had it reconditioned by Rock USA Cutlery in Camillus NY a couple of years ago and they did a great job.

4. Outbound

Outbound Loaded Pockets

Buck-Strider SBMF folder. It's been carried and used daily since about 2005 or 2006.

5. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

Well, the current one I have's only 10+ years old, yet it's the second replacement (under their lifetime warranty) of the Fisher Millennium space pen which I got in '98 (& shared more about it over yonder & follow-up about a blast from the past there - sharin' from where I attempted to put a bunch o' info together, fyi). So, the original went kaput awhile ago, yet I've had one pretty consistently for 22-ish years, at least...

:cool:

Moshe ben David likes this.
  6. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

Sears outlet still sells these for $0.99. Or you can spend $5-6 for it at Amazon or Walmart. Pretty sure I have seem similar at the local Ace Hardware. Pretty sure I have seen these at the local chain auto parts stores. Guess someone's patent ran out.

ATB,
    Sam

Last edited by indigo_wolf, Jun 16, 2020
    #26 indigo_wolf, Jun 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
  7. JIM

JIM Loaded Pockets

Still have a BCB ranger flint on my keychain that was from the very first survival tin my dad got me in 1997

8. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

Ugh, slight fibbage 'cuz I forgot... Got to thinkin' about watches as ideas of stuff to spend $ on, and thought about mine. Then remembered that I received it as a gift back in '08, which means I've used it longer than the current Fisher Millennium space pen (I mean, I've had one of those since '98, yet the current replacement's only 10+ years old. Also, when attemptin' to see what images of the Millennium were already around, was also reminded that I've had the Inka Titanium pen longer as well, though that's only by about a week, fwiw; both were delivered in Jan of '10, iirc. And then remembered how lame pb is for those with free accts...).

9. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

My Thorfire 007 AAA stainless pocket light.

10. Sentinel-14

Sentinel-14 Loaded Pockets

I don't necessarily carry the exact same items every day. Namely my knife and watch vary daily, but I always have a knife and watch. That said, my oldest (known) EDC would be my Seiko 6139-6005 Chronograph, from 1972. It was my grandfather's, and after spending nearly 20 years after his death forgotten in my brother's toolbox I took possession of it, had it brought back into working order, and now wear it at least once or twice a week. A contender would be my Schrade 8OT Senior stockman, which does not have a known date of manufacture but the tang stamp puts it somewhere between the mid 70s and early 90s. Everything else I carry daily or semi-daily is newer than that.

Honorable Mention: I have an antique Waltham wristwatch that dates from 1931, I believe, which sees occasional wrist time. I have a handful of pocket watches that are older than that (oldest from 1908) but they never leave the house.

11. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

Well, "iirc" was faulty. Must've looked at the date of the email (when attempting to remember when I got it) and then didn't let the info sink in, at all... Why?

Well, long story, yet this recent post had me looking for previous discussion about the Inka keychain pens, which led me to refinding the other thread, and, particularly, that post. And the info there made me re-search for the email, which showed that the Inka Titanium pen was ordered in Jan of '08, not '10, so I math gud. That means it's 2 years older than the current Fisher Millennium, and not a week or so. Or, I somehow read '08 as '10? Huh.

That means that the Inka's the oldest in my edc, because I think I got the watch for my birthday or Christmas of '08, which are after Jan... And also, almost makes me wanna reupload images for all the places I used the free pb acct.

Ahem. Wanted to set the record straight once more...

:cool:

12. Leon68

Leon68 Empty Pockets

Victorinox Mauser purchased new in 1985 for £11

13. godcode

godcode Loaded Pockets

mine is a handcuff key. have never used it though, but everytime I want to unload it on my EDC keychain, I always have this thought that the keychain is incomplete without it.

ran23 likes this.
  14. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

Great, now I have to look for my handcuff key. Not on my main ring anymore. who knows.

15. phatch

phatch Loaded Pockets

Usually it would be my truck key. I have knives and multitools older than that but they've drifted out of edc for newer versions most often.

16. Banzboy

Banzboy Loaded Pockets