1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What is the last EDC gadget that you bought? Part 1

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by Deaths Head, Jun 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

The watch and knife are handsome, LZ. Is the current value of the Canadian relative to the American dollar helping you scratch your EDC itches? :)

2. LZ

LZ Loaded Pockets

Thanks Parnass!

Well not really, If I've got loot in my paypal account, it burns a hole in my PC until I buy goodies....it's just 10-20% less painful ;-)

Congrats! :cool:

3. Mojoe

Mojoe Loaded Pockets

I just bought a Leatherman Charge TTi to replace my broken Gerber MPT. So far, I love it!

Mojoe

4. marvin

marvin Empty Pockets

The UPS guy really brightened my day today when he brought my countycomm order.

- EOD UTILITY BAG COYOTE BROWN
    - DESERT SAGE PADDED KNIFE/CELL PHONE HOLSTER
    - COYOTE BROWN DIPLOMAT POCKET ORGANIZER
    - MULTI-PURPOSE CARRY POUCH DESERT SAND
    - SO-LED RED LED LIGHT
    - POCKET WIDGY PRY BAR
    - BAG OF CORD ENDS, (10)
    - SAGE GREEN WATCH TACO

I love mail day!
    [img width=640 height=480]http://www.heymarv.com/images/countycommstuff.jpg[/img]

5. Rah14

Rah14 Empty Pockets

That must have made the shipping worthwhile :D. Enjoy the new items. The sale price on the EOD bag is extremely tempting!

6. marvin

marvin Empty Pockets

Yeah I figured I'd wait and buy everything at once. I more or less just pieced everything together to have a nice EDC bag that I don't mind carrying everywhere, liking it so far. Though my girlfriend already got some jabs in about my new manpurse :)

7. MSCantrell

MSCantrell Loaded Pockets

BM 910 Stryker :)
    [​IMG]

8. LZ

LZ Loaded Pockets

Nice one Mike!

Love the strykers....wish my new 913 D2 nitrous stryker was tip up carry....
    I'm thinking of drilling new holes to accomodate this....and also sanding down the G-10 to make it more of a matte finish like yours...

When I got this new one, first thing I noticed was the "missing" solid, heavy feel that I liked about the strykers....
    the new one has Ti liners that also accomodate the "assisted" opening function....it almost feels a bit too light :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

9. Lugsalot

Lugsalot EDC Junkie!!!!!

I stopped by the local Target today to see if they had the new, improved Gerber EAB in stock...turns out they had ONE left! I got that and a couple of Vic Classics (black and pink, respectively); the EAB's for me and the Classics are to give as gifts.

So far, I'm pretty impressed with the EAB. It's got a very solid lockup, it's super-compact (compared to my old "SuperKnife" folding utility blade), and it's cheap enough that I won't be heartbroken if I lose or destroy it somehow. It clips very securely into the coin-pocket of my jeans.

Downsides? It's very slick, difficult to open with one hand, and could use a lanyard hole to help get it out of the pocket. All in all, not bad for such a compact, inexpensive utility blade.

EDIT: I gutted a short length of black paracord and made a simple loop through the top of the clip to aid in drawing it from the pocket. So far, it appears the thinness of the cord doesn't put undue stress on the clip, and it's much easier to draw the knife now. Hopefully I won't adversely affect the clip's retention over time. Beats drilling a lanyard hole, in my opinion, and I can remove the loop easily if it causes any problems.

10. Stormdrane

Stormdrane Loaded Pockets

I got some birthday money from both of my grandmothers last week, so I put it together and bought the new Jetbeam C-LE V2 from Bug Out Gear USA(Good communication, fast shipping O0 ). I have the V1.2 and love it, but wanted to try a 'clickie' version. The LED is slightly whiter than my V1.2, but only noticeable if shining at the wall. It's just 1/4" longer with the clickie and makes an excellent and affordable :broke: pocket light offering extended runtimes with the lower output levels.

[​IMG]

11. bruner

bruner Loaded Pockets

Peter,

I have the old version which was recalled. If you grip it by the base (when closed) and flick your wrist just right you can snap it into the open position very nicely with one hand.

I'm gonna keep the recalled version and purchase one of the new ones when they become available. I'd like to have one of each for my collection.

Dan

:)

12. Lugsalot

Lugsalot EDC Junkie!!!!!

Dan,

We are of the same mind; I tried flicking this thing open about 2 minutes after I got it out of the packaging! :laugh:
    My sample has a strong biat towards closure, and I have thus far been unable to overcome it by flicking. Maybe I just haven't found the right method for this little guy yet...

Oh, wait! I was just now playing with it and managed to flick it open! Still, I'm hesitant to do it much on account of the handle's slickness. Also, I worry that I may wear the thing out prematurely--the lockup on this thing is so solid, and I don't want to ruin a good thing! :rolleyes:

Still, it is nice to know I can flick it open if I want to! :)

13. jzmtl

jzmtl Loaded Pockets

Fenix l2t 2.0.

The sos and strobe on my p3d is getting on my nerves, and I have 4 nimh aa cells lying around anyway.

No pic, just ordered it a couple of hours ago. :idiot2:

14. laurent

laurent Empty Pockets

[​IMG]

Just got my black Soldier this morning. In two words : a beauty. And with the dollar position these days, it costs me less money (including shipping) than my standard Soldier (not including shipping). It will be edced as soon as a leather pouch will be made for it. I don't want to spoil the finish.

15. defusion

defusion Loaded Pockets

where did you order that beauty?
    I want one for myself now :p

16. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

The oddity about your posts is that I find myself looking at the lanyard that is attached FIRST, then the object that it is attached to. O0

17. laurent

laurent Empty Pockets

I bought mine at Wooden Box, a good e-bay shop. Hurry up ! There is only one left !

18. laurent

laurent Empty Pockets

Just bought a Recta DT 220 compas.

[​IMG]

Swiss. And glowing in the dark. Sent my Silva to my BOB for a much need retirement from active duty.

19. cat

cat Loaded Pockets

me too. that one's nice - simple, nice braid, no beads or skulls.
    i bought a lot of paracord and printed some stuff on how to tie knots and so on :idiot2: but all i can do is the old hangman's noose. :shrug: i was thinking the other daay i'm gonna end up buying them after all. :laugh:

20. cat

cat Loaded Pockets

Where'd the nice yellow pouch come from? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.