1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What is the last EDC gadget that you bought? Part 1

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by Deaths Head, Jun 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oneisnone

oneisnone Loaded Pockets

Love the Trident in digital pattern. I have had one in black for years and it is my EDC knife

2. firemedic183

firemedic183 Loaded Pockets

WOW!!! What an amazing looking light! Where did you pick that up at??

3. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

I picked up this light from TheFirestore.com 5 dollars from the sale goes to the National Fallen Firefighters Fund. They did a limited run of these lights only 1000 mine is 27, each one is numbered.

4. aphex2k

aphex2k Loaded Pockets

Got a pair of Oakley Pilot SI gloves in black on their way to me. Also just got a new USB key.

edit: gloves turned up today... but they were too small! shocker! sent back and eagerly awaiting XL (didn't appreciate they came up small?)

[​IMG]

5. bigfoot

bigfoot Loaded Pockets

Eagle Industries E&E Bag:

[​IMG]

6. HybridMomentsPass

busy buying day!

First I got this around noon, its a 2 pack, so i got THESE around noon
    http://www.protonerd.net/products/?q=TLS-CCT-001

Then I go to Bass Pro and got two Ascend water bottles and a LM Blast on sale for 34 bucks.
    One green and one blue, they were 9.77 each
    http://www.basspro.com/Ascend-Stainless-Steel-Water-Bottle/product/10209011/-1636385

The Blast
    http://www.basspro.com/Leatherman-Blast-MultiTool/product/10211752/-1804574

So about 60 bucks spent on EDC items today. Im stoked on them. One water bottle cleaned, plan on trying it tomorrow when I go to gym class at the college. My first metal water bottles, hope they arent too metalic tasting

7. Schuey2002

Schuey2002 Loaded Pockets

Nice looking kit, Bigfoot!!

My latest EDC gadget was a new Rite-in-the-Rain 980T-KIT that I scooped up on Ebay for $23 shipped.

http://www.riteintherain.com/ItemForm.aspx?item=980T-KIT&Category=

I plan on using it as a bag organizer, rather than just as a notebook cover. I'll probably end up slimming down the included 980T Tactical Field Book, and putting those extra pages in other bags..

I also snagged a used Victorinox Camper on Ebay at the same time. It actually just showed up in the mail yesterday, and is in nearly new shape. It's also going in the Cordura cover.

8. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

Stamped Atwood
    [​IMG]

9. takenaway

takenaway Loaded Pockets

Seiko snk809k

10. matthammer

matthammer Loaded Pockets

My latest would be a SOG SEAL Pup elite and one of L.A. Police Gear's 3-day packs. Pretty happy with both.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Buckles

Buckles Loaded Pockets

Spyderco UKPK FRN with BD-1 steel

[​IMG]

12. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Black Victorinox Classic.

Replaced the cheap scissors that came with the sewing kit which shares space with my back-up medical kit, in my main BOB.

13. artaxerxes

artaxerxes Loaded Pockets

A Nokia X2!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and those two rings to replace the ones I lost.The one with the black inserts is made from stainless steel and the plain one is silver.More than half of my paycheck is gone now but I'm happy ! :p

14. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Couple of Energizer lights.

2AAA Energizer Hard Case Pro LED Inspection light from Home Depot. And, an Energizer LED Glow Stick that functions as a basic flashlight and as a slow-strobe emergency beacon; from Target.

Couple of useful little lights.

15. artaxerxes

artaxerxes Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    Because the bottle opener on the Victorinox SAKs is crap (as much as I love most other tools in them, this one has a low efficiency and it takes me sometimes 3 pries to open a bottle and with shards off the cap all over the place).And while I was talking to the salesman I noticed he had received flashlights with laser pointer, LED and UV light so I bought 3 of them, one seen here.Pretty cool.I remember seeing those on the forums too.

16. bjornkeizers

bjornkeizers Loaded Pockets

I've had quite a busy two days :) Yesterday, my new Propper boonie arrived. ACU digital camo, poly/cotton blend. I already have a khaki boonie in cotton, but the new blended one will be a bit better for really hot weather wear.

[​IMG]

Yesterday I ordered two Peli micro cases; a small 1010 (holds about a compact camera, two stacked iPhones) and a larger 1050 (two bags of M&M's, an average sized handheld gaming console, car GPS unit, etc.). Both in clear cases with black inserts. I really want a yellow Peli, but they are hard to find for decent prices.

[​IMG]

I intend to turn the smaller one into a personal FAK. It's large enough to hold the basics like some (sticky) bandages, a few gauze pads, disinfectant for wounds and hands, tape, some tweezers, burn gel, tick pen, pair of gloves, small CPR mask... all the stuff you'd need on an average day. The 1010 is the perfect size for carry in my 5.11 vest or Maxped Fatboy. It also has two large slots for say... webbing as well as a lanyard hole. Made a nice little orange/green lanyard with clip for it, so that it's easy to find in the dark. I'm actually thinking of adding some glow in the dark tape to the top and bottom of it so I might find it in a blackout.

Unfortunately, the med supplies are still on order, so I can't show you a loaded pic. I actually bought about two FAK's worth of assorted kit to stock them, so I should have plenty. (I didn't go full EMT-wannabe, so nothing that I don't know how to use like scalpels or syringes). I will probably use the larger Peli to hold some of the extra supplies as well as additional items like water purification tablets, tick pen, wound sprays, etc. Pimping out these cases will be a bit of a summer project.

17. doug_the_donut

doug_the_donut Loaded Pockets

My Victorinox Swisscard Lite was delivered yesterday.
    I also picked up a tin of Altoids Creme de Menthe.

18. gstojinovic

gstojinovic Loaded Pockets

Some new gear (sorry it's a crapy phone pic, my cam is on service)

SS Skeletool
    PocketToolx Brewzer
    888 Professional SurvivIt (AKA Cop Tool)
    LM Bit kit

[​IMG]

And my first Android (paranoid) phone Samsung Galaxy Mini

[​IMG]

19. Schuey2002

Schuey2002 Loaded Pockets

How many lumens does that Hard Case produce?

20. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

But likely a bit less since Energizer doesn't measure lumens out the front. This is one light that is designed for a very specific task. And that task is part of the name. I wanted a 2AAA light with a side switch that could easily survive a fall. Main reasons why I got it. I have numerous lights which are blazing bright. Such as My SureFire M6 and my soon-to-arrive Fenix TK35.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.