1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

what is the best 2 aaa led pen light available today

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by mmasar1, Nov 23, 2010.

1. mmasar1

mmasar1 Empty Pockets

Hi Guys, i have the Stylus Pro light- not bright enough and got the 4sevens Preon II which is nice and bright but they need to work on the switch a bit more.

Just wondering what the edc people think is the current best 2 AAA led pen light.

2. Polygeist

Polygeist Loaded Pockets

From what I know and have heard, those two are the best 2x AAA torches available. The Streamlight Stylus Pro has the advantages of being simple to operate and affordable to purchase. The Preon II offers the versatility and power of having multiple modes and a high maximum brightness level for its size.

I'm not sure what to recommend outside of these two lights. Maybe others can chime in with some ideas.

3. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

The very best stuff now days is often custom work but that can be costly.

4. Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit EDC Junkie!!!

Kind of partial to the Stylus Pro myself. good little light..bright, decent battery life, water resistant and durable. Not to mention very affordable. Got mine for right at $20.

5. Rah14

Rah14 Empty Pockets

I wasn't too fond of the titanium switch I had on my Preon II before I gifted it, but I did read on CPF that removing a piece from underneath the button alleviates some "sticking" in the action. Not sure if this applies to you.

On a side note 4Sevens just slashed nine bucks off the Preon II red for his black friday sale so I'm tempted to try again. I liked the nicely spaced modes, fat hotspot and tint that was more neutral than cool white.

6. diablo

diablo Empty Pockets

I have a Stylus Pro and just ordered a Preon II (R5 version).

I use to carry a Novatac 120T when I went out at night. I needed a light for another purpose and bought the Stylus Pro. Since it was lighter/slimmer than the Novatac, I found myself carrying it all the time (instead of the purpose I bought it for), but there have been times when I needed something brighter, so I just ordered a Preon II.

7. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Fenix LD05.

Bit bigger overall than a Preon II, but still within penlight specs.

It's excellent. Switch is more robust than on the Preon II.

8. spookysco

spookysco Loaded Pockets

I h

Last edited by spookysco, Aug 18, 2015
  9. jsmitty1967
    • In Omnia Paratus

jsmitty1967 Go Big Blue

Get the twist switch for your Preon. Preon is hard to beat for output and levels. If your only problem is the switch you can get the part for a few dollars. I like a twist for pocket carry anyway because there is a low chance of accidental activation.