1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What iPhone case?

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by boyo17, May 8, 2014.

1. boyo17

boyo17 EDC Junkie!!!!!

I've got an iPhone 4s and am looking for the right case.

So far I've tried;

1/ A cheap faux leather flip,,,, it was rubbish,,, thrown away

2/ Griffin screw together aluminium case ,,, the screen was not very sensitive so I moaned at the supplier and he gave me a credit. I think it was a rip-off

3/ Qdos clip on back and side cover together with a glass screen,,, that was OK but I want better protection for the screen edges.

4/ Similar case to the Qdos with more edge protection,,, nice but it didn't fit well

5/ Tech 21 D30 leather slip,,, I liked that but no protection for the top edge of the phone. After two days use the lining started to fray and some stitching was letting go so I got a credit from the suplier.

6/ Today,, A Tech 21 D30 leather flip with magnetic catch,,,, the catch didn't hold the flap shut,, the cover flopped all over the place and the phone dropped out of the casing.. The phone would be safer if the case was left at home,, I've sent a flaming mail to the supplier, if I don't get a credit I will take up the issue with ebay.

7/ You tell me?? I'm looking for an unobtrusive case, preferably leather that covers all edges,, no credit card slots, no frills, no bells and definitely no whistles.

My own leather-work is not good enough for me,,, if I made one then I'd still be looking for something else. I like Saddleback products but they are too bulky for what I want,,,,,,,,,,, arggggh!!! help me :frantic:

2. nick nitro

nick nitro Loaded Pockets

I have no leather ideas, however, I an using a Kara's kustom on my 4S. Going on a year now. I have a screen protector of that film that is used to protect helo rotor blade, make. Tough combo.

3. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Evil bay item no. 111333172758 ?

4. 1holegrouper

1holegrouper Loaded Pockets

Lifeproof.

ninja.medic, Bogie and tdb like this.
  5. braswes

braswes Loaded Pockets

Magpul cases - slim/low profile, cheap, effective, wear resistant.

6. quietconundrum
    • In Omnia Paratus

quietconundrum EDC Junkie

I second the Magpul Field Case. I have three in different colors (black, foliage, FDE) and my girl has one in teal. We both absolutely love them. Enough protection against drops and corner impacts, low profile feel in hand, super durable (shows no wear, really) and great texture because of PMAG finish. Couple it with a reliable screen protector like a Skinomi TechSkin and you're good to go.

Number_V likes this.
  7. BklynBoy

BklynBoy Loaded Pockets

I like flip cases that protect the screen. I've been using a leather case from Kavaj for my new iphone for the past few months and like it quite a bit. Nice leather, well cut to enable use of both Apple and Amazon cables

8. Chrisp0410

Chrisp0410 Loaded Pockets

I had no idea Magpul made a cell phone case, awesome! I'm ordering one today.

9. northwest

northwest EDC Junkie!!!

Spigen has nice cases. Good quality.

10. quietconundrum
    • In Omnia Paratus

It's the "Field Case" that I have. I'm not as much of a fan of the "Executive Case" because it is mostly smooth in texture. Up to you, though :D

11. boyo17

boyo17 EDC Junkie!!!!!

I love the descriptions that are some listings,,,,, "genuine synthetic leather" and "real faux leather" are gems

The seller of the last case I bought has agreed to give me a full refund :)

Thanks for your help :) I like the look of this Kavaj but can't find an option for the 4s. I like this one because all the edges are protected,, although the corners are open. [​IMG]

Last edited by boyo17, May 8, 2014
    combatconundrum likes this.
  12. quietconundrum
    • In Omnia Paratus

That's a nice looking case.

13. batteur
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

batteur Loaded Pockets

My current phone is an old iPhone 4 with a vau SoftGrip Black. It’s a very slim non-sticky silicone case that covers the back, the sides and all edges. I dropped it a few times already from hip height on hard surfaces and it didn’t do anything to it.

14. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

Definitely this. My phones have seen some seriously abusive action. With Lifeproof they've always been safe.

15. trigger_cb

trigger_cb Loaded Pockets

Another vote for the Magpul case it's my daily driver and I have two. I do have a lifeproof nuud when the forecast calls for rain.

16. KempoEMT

KempoEMT Loaded Pockets

Lifeproof Case. I ran over it with a Ford E350 Modified and it survived with just a scratch on the cover.

17. Kal West

Kal West Loaded Pockets

Lifeproof!
    I no longer worry about my iphone 5s. I can carry it with complete confidence wherever I go. Rain, dirt, food, sweat, condensation, high humidity, impact from accidental drops, and so much more.

Pretty much any circumstance that you'd find yourself worrying about damaging your phone?
    Not a problem. Worry-free!

18. Kal West

Kal West Loaded Pockets

The only problem with the lifeproof case is that the headphone jack requires a screwed in plug to waterproof the case. So I spend half my life unscrewing the plug then screwing in the adapter for the headphones.

Other than that, I love the case.

19. echo63

echo63 Loaded Pockets

Another vote for Lifeproof

My 4S and now 5S are perfectly protected in their respective lifeproof shells

20. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo EDC Junkie!!!!!

I don't have a iPhone but my buddy just told me a story about how he found his new iPhone in the dog's water dish. He has no idea how long it was in there and suspects his kid put it there. He has the Lifeproof case and his phone is fine.

boyo17 likes this.