1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What if?

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by Marskindri, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Marskindri

Marskindri Loaded Pockets

What if you got depressed due to these uncertain times? How will you manage it?

2. Bad Company

Bad Company Loaded Pockets

Are you depressed?

3. ThaMac

ThaMac Loaded Pockets

Do things around the house that you enjoy. Plus, it’s ok to let yourself go a little and not be too strict to yourself. Wear PJs all day if you like or watch a bad TV show. Self care time is good as well. Take a long bath or shower. Trim what should be trimmed on your body. Make yourself a mask (yes, guys can). Top yourself up as if you want to make the best impression of your life. Whatever keeps you occupied and is positive for you. Some people start a strict nutrition and workout schedule.

Just don’t go over to alcohol or other drugs. Problems always swim up and it makes it worse.

Austria est imperare orbi universo

4. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I try to practice being grateful for what I do have and not think of what I do not.

echo victor and twin63 like this.
  5. HeadOffice

HeadOffice Loaded Pockets

Working from home ties up a lot of hours. Then there's going out for supplies, cooking, cleaning. Any spare time after that is nap time!

6. Bad Company

Bad Company Loaded Pockets

Exercise if safe and possible!
    Run, walk, lift weights.
    That's what I do!

echo victor likes this.
  7. Boy SureFire

Boy SureFire May The Bridges I Burn Light The Way

Hypothetically speaking, I'd avoid making potentially bad long-term decisions for temporary reasons. Things are understandable stressful right now for a lot of people, but it's important not to let that create bigger problems down the road. Personally speaking, I've been taking this time to work on re-centering myself during daily tasks. This is a good time to catch up on some of those long procrastinated itinerary items, and if you're like me part of that is learning to slow down.

8. ThaMac

ThaMac Loaded Pockets

We’ve been working from home 2-3 times a week anyway (people at my company). For us that’s not something unusual. Therefore we have work ethics that are appropriate. This includes that we are not supposed to be available all the time. As well that our hours are the same as at work. We save the time we would need to commute. If I want to take nap an hour or two, I just do it and work later this or earlier next day or whatever works. The company is quite progressive. So hallelujah to this.

FiaOlleDog and echo victor like this.
  9. Marskindri

Almost identical to what I'm doing, only that I don't have enough time to go out for supplies, cook and clean but I managed to do a bit of exercise just to stay fit and healthy.

10. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

What depresses me the most is the scale of which (normally productive) people are encouraged to do nothing.
    I'm absolutely not saying we should ignore the virus, but the way this situation is handled really has me worried. There is sooo much useful work that could have been arranged in a safe way, instead people are laid off and (at least around here) get paid to stay home. Paid to play computer games and watch Netflix so they can comfortably be distracted from the problems that are piling up around them, as they burn off the money that could have assured the quality of life and opportunities of future generations. Money that will take ages to pay back.
    It's such a waste. And it's such an irresponsible attitude to teach our kids; When time times gets though... just sit down and do nothing. Yeah..

I'm fortunate though. I'm still employed, working full time and all though I'm kind of social, I get along just fine with just my family around me, or even just myself if it comes down to that.

FiaOlleDog likes this.
  11. Marskindri

I strongly agree with you. You have a good point and I also found this article https://www.who.int/publications/i/item/9789240003927?gclid=CjwKCAiAz4b_BRBbEiwA5XlVVvUuFpv-ImdBDyPL5kphHvh69POGKQWhGKY35PMavmoIOZIcUWhPEBoCTVAQAvD_BwE very similar to your points of view which I found very helpful.

12. A.B.

A.B. Loaded Pockets

I'm back. Sorry gents, for the long abscence. Don't worry, and don't let them get to you. I'm still working my :censored: off and so is my wife. The virus is real, but my country practiced herd immunity. Nothing to worry about. Sorry, that is my opinion

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G973F met Tapatalk

13. ThaMac

ThaMac Loaded Pockets

We have a different point of view here, but I don’t want to get into it.
    On the same note, I very kindly and with all due respect would like to ask everyone to keep the ball flat on their opinion about COVID. We are all stressed.The world is pulled apart into believers, deniers, rejectors, compliers and whatnot. We all should be respectful and stick together, but this disease (or for those who don’t believe in it, the talk about it) makes it so very hard. Because whatever we do or do not do influences a lot of other people.
    Therefore, why don’t we just try to focus on the matters at hand? How to help, how to deal with the stress, support each other, be good, be kind, and last but not least, cut each other some slack. We all have a life story and issues to deal with. What we all (at least I) need, is positivity and a “can do” attitude.
    Now you could say, “What are you doing?” What I can, maybe? Pick up the groceries for an elderly neighbor, so they don’t need to his the store. Follow recommendations from my governments, if I agree with them or not. Trying to stick to the “what does it hurt” idea, for social distancing and mask wearing, and so on. It’s not about me, it’s about the people around me. And if it doesn’t help, so be it.
    Anyway. Be kind, support each other, try to lift each other up, and (for myself) do not put ourselves ahead of others.

A.B. and BigGreenTick like this.
  14. earthman

earthman EDC Junkie!!!

I think that it's pretty clear that something else is going on alongside this covid virus shall we say, due to thousands of people in many different countries going on protests etc. Censorship is now at an all time high so I know that I/we can't talk about this here,....you have to go to Bitchute for example just to listen to other doctors or scientists for example. I can totally understand why the suicide rate in the UK is at an all time high right now.

Now a lot of members on here are preppers/critical thinkers it would seem, I do wonder how many of you are actually viewing this current situation in the same light now we are like a year on and have experienced so many restrictions etc etc?
    Feel free to shoot me a PM or just say "Aye" that you have the same thoughts/feelings on this.

A.B. likes this.
  15. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

Maybe we have a different point of view, and I won't force you to go into it, but it does seem like we agree on many things also.

I totally agree that we should respect and care for each other. We should stick together and pull in the same direction.
    I'm by no means a denier and I'm absolutely not saying we should ignore the virus and don't take the necessary precautions.

Still, there is so much that I think could have been handled better. It would probably be much harder, much less comfortable and much less popular short term, but better.
    We have massive layoffs with large amount of people in their most productive years sitting at home doing nothing, and not encouraged to do anything. Only bad can come from that.
    At the same time our government is bending the rules so we can import workers from eastern Europe to do necessary low wage industrial and agricultural work. These workers are allowed to be treated differently than other foreigners with respect to testing and quarantine. These foreign workers don't only account for much of the outbreaks in our society, but also undermines all the hard efforts and sacrifices we all do to keep the virus at bay. In my estimation, it would have been much better, both economically and in way of disease control to offer re-training and wage compensation to all those that are currently sitting at home getting paid to do nothing.
    And like you say, there are lots of people that for various reasons need additional attention and assistance in these trying times. Why not engage some of those that sit at home playing video games on government support?
    At the very least, you could make people of suitable demographic study for monetary support while unemployed. Just maybe we at least have a more competent, more creative and more optimistic work force when covid is behind us and the re-building begins.
    And it's not like I'm saying those people (playing video games) won the lottery. I think it could actually be very depressing to know that you are only a burden to society. Getting those people out of their couches could improve mental health to both themselves and the people they help. And I really think that by helping out and working to the best of our ability, the overall level of compassion and team spirit in society will increase, as well as the country's economy - which again is an important factor with regards maintaining the means to keep the country afloat and fight the virus effectively for what we must expect to be a very long time, still.

Beyond the lack of willingness to encourage our healthy work force to stay productive in safe and often critical functions, my main gripe with our current administration is their dummification (is that a word?) of the people.
    I don't have any problems keeping distance, wearing masks, washing my hands and whatever else it takes on my part.
    Some, probably a large portion even, of the population need very simple and concise instructions, but there is an incredible amount of very smart people out there. People who like to go further, and think for themselves. With enough information we could slow down the spreading even more effectively, and maybe with even less impact on peoples lives.
    And on the flip side of that, with more information openly available, there will be better checks and balances in place to prevent arbitrary restrictions.
    Arbitrary restrictions, or restrictions that seem out of line with other measures in place, make people respect any measures to a lesser degree, and may ultimately cause them to don't even follow the most important measures.

These are just some of my thoughts on the situation in Norway. I'm not up to speed on the situation in other countries. I don't believe we have the worst and most unjust restrictions in place, or even very bad COVID numbers compared to some other countries with denser populations, but I still don't think it's out of line to demand our administrations very best effort. It's our freedom and future that is on the line here, and if anything, that should be treated very respectfully. By throwing money at people and choosing the easy way out when pressured by industry leaders, they seem more concerned with re-election and maintaining a high level of comfort in their own lifetime, than the country's best interest in the long term.

#15 aicolainen, Dec 27, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
  16. Marskindri

It's okay...At least you're safe :)

A.B. likes this.
  17. Ephemeris

Ephemeris Empty Pockets

No TV. Spending time reading books, manga, playing dogs, preparing my EDC's as always.

18. FiaOlleDog

FiaOlleDog Loaded Pockets

Factors decreasing my productivity are "stay at home" orders (until for very specific reasons when one is allowed to leave the home like grocery shopping, etc.) - first I didn't understand why (I do have spare time I could invest) ... finally it's a mood thing and with my family around me 24/7 it's something I on one side like on the other side it costs me energy to manage the "crowded space".

I try to do some outdoor sports activity daily, which seem to help get my mood and immune system up.
    The other thing is to take time off from my family to work, focused and for a couple of hours undisturbed. Which mostly works.

Gladly we had some sun hours during the last days - which makes the situation more bearable compared to dark winter days with only clouds on the sky.

Yep, that is gripe at a high level - compared to others that got sick or laid off.

19. Marskindri

Good to hear it from you, Ephemeris! How are you right now buddy? binge-watching? I'm looking forward to your comment.

20. Ephemeris

Ephemeris Empty Pockets

Yes! I'm currently binge-watching Police Academy right now and It makes my whole boring day worth it.