1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What gun do you conceal in your Maxpedition Jumbo Fatboy?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Jimmy Gee, Jul 22, 2009.

1. tennvol

tennvol Empty Pockets

I don't see how you folks even carry the Fatboy. Mine is uncomfortable with anything more than nothing in it.

2. HOMELAND SECURITY HAM

HOMELAND SECURITY HAM Loaded Pockets

Hi all,
    I dont live in the woods, (S. Florida) however even with all the heat I always carry on my person. I have a Paranoia of doing what a police chief of mine did once a long time ago. It was lucky a child did not get ahold of his gun. His nice leather man clutch bag with his walther .380 and ID in it slipped under a bench in a try on room in a large store clothing department. When he realized he was missing it (i'm sure the sweat poured out) he went back and it was gone (i'm sure it came to palpatations at this time). Anyway, he was verrrrry lucky, it had actually been turned in and he got it back With all the embarrassment that went with it.

Enopugh said about why I only carry on my person. It is a 1911 .45.

Just incase I ever need to have the gun come off my body, the gun compartment in my jumbo has the 5.11 Push Pack holster set up inside it. If you compare the maxpedition holster to the 5.11 holster it is the difference between a beater Yugo and and a new Hummer H-1. The 5.11 went in and the Maxpedition holster didn't even go in a draw, it went in the trash! The gun compartment will probably also house a small ammo wallet (in the near future) with snake shot for whenever that type of special purpose might occurr. I also have an RV so my Jumbo does include some items for off the beaten path.

I am glad to see in other posts how we mix and match our gear for best case senario. BTW the 5.11 Push Pack went back about an hour after I got it home. I went back for the better holster again after I had the jumbo set up.

FYI I have been intouch with 5.11 they were responsive to my concerns regarding the Push Pack. Just to name a coupple of items of my concern the bag wouldn't fit my 1911 or any other large frame auto (it is not deep enough) and the pen compartments will not hold any pens without the top of the bag clicking the pens open or wearing the top flap on other style pens. After my email to them they actually emailed me back advising me that they held a meeting over my concerns. They stated their next revision will have the pen compartments set a little lower in the bag to correct that issue and they are considering making the pack about 3/4" taller to accomodate large frame autos. They also stated they were addressing my other concerns as well. I look forward to hearing from Scott at 5.11 again soon.

Jon, feel free to copy this to other areas if you think it might help others.

3. Andy Wayne

Andy Wayne Loaded Pockets

I keep a Glock 17 in mine, no extra mags.

4. 58sniper

58sniper Loaded Pockets

I've had a Glock 22 with an M3 light on it in mine. Like has been mentioned above, I prefer on-body carry. So if there is hardware in the Fatboy, there is also hardware on-body.

5. solocanoe

solocanoe Empty Pockets

when I carry the Jumbo it usually has the Glock 23 with CT Laserguard
    1 extra mag, 1 AG Russell Sting (in the maxpedition double mag holster)

6. tower
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

Well, I use the Fatboy versipack, not the Jumbo, so so this probably doesn't count but usually a Glock 27 subcompact .40 cal S&W, trijicon tritium night sights and Lasermax guide rod laser, Pearce +1 magazine extenders, +/- 1 extra mag, depending on where I'm going. 2 extra mags in the truck, LEO hollows.

7. Tracy

Tracy Loaded Pockets

I carry a fullsize 1911 .45 and two spare loaded mags in my Jumbo. That is a backup to whatever I happen to be carrying on my person, which may be a Charter .44 Special Bulldog, a Star BM 9mm, or a 4 5/8" Blackhawk .45 Long Colt in a Tom Threepersons holster.
    If the gun I am OCing or CCing isn't enough, the 1911 will hopefully buy me enough time to get to my K98.

8. rabidchicken

rabidchicken Loaded Pockets

I carry an H&K USP .45 and an extra mag.

[​IMG]

9. dl52163

dl52163 Loaded Pockets

Ok Here i go with a fire storm of opinions. I carry in my Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack a Hi-Point 45. and two clips. It goes everywhere with me. I also carry a stun gun in one of the outside pouches as well. :D :woohoo:

10. Red_Icculus

Red_Icculus Empty Pockets

I carry a Ruger LCP 380 with laser and 2 clips. I could probably put this on my ankle and have more gear in the bag for as little space as it takes up.

11. antman157

antman157 Loaded Pockets

Glock 26 in my Fatboy

Sometimes (very rarely) I will carry the P22 - Although I do not trust this gun at all - It misfires a whole lot

12. Frequency

Frequency Empty Pockets

I won't carry, nor would I recommend carry, in any bag. If the bag is separated from you (intentionally or unintentionally) you could have problems. I always CCW on my person, and usually have spare mags in my EDC bag. If they steal my bag, well, they got my mags but they can't kill me or anyone else with just mags.

13. marcclarke

marcclarke Loaded Pockets

This thread is probably now worth a bump as Wisconsin residents now have the ability to legally carry concealed.

That said, my Maxped Jumbo will happily accept anything from a full-sized Colt 1911 Model 70 to a Glock Model 30 to an HK P7M8.

14. SOOG

SOOG Loaded Pockets

We just had a baby on June 10th and got sick of the normal diaper bag so I ordered a fatboy a few days ago as my "man diaper bag" can't wait to get my hands on it.. I don't think I will carry in the bag I'd rather it be on my side. I think it's too much to deal with unzipping,reaching in and pulling out.. If I need it I want it to be on me. Much quicker draw and if someone steals the bag I still have it..

15. Bagnerd

Bagnerd Loaded Pockets

There are tradeoffs for everything.
    I NEVER leave it any where (or lose my wallet or keys or phone...)

I often carry in a PUSH and just ordered a Manta.
    I know 100% it won't be seen
    Draw position is better than most IWB options...the sling design carries weight well.
    I can open the zipper and get a FULL grip without drawing.
    You can transfer from IWB/pocket carry to the bag.

A Glock 17 is a great fit (17 rounds is "enough" for me)
    5" 1911 has to sit at a slight rear cant when Cocked and Locked.
    With smaller pistols (Keltec p11 or a P32 with a 10 round mag) can be carried in it with the zipper openwithiut exposing the grip.

16. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Loaded Pockets

Sig p229 9mm with one extra mag, that is, when its not on my person.

17. WOT

WOT Loaded Pockets

HK P30L and 2 extra magazines.

18. Spyderco1116

Spyderco1116 Loaded Pockets

Wifey

I tell my wife all the time not to carry her pistol in her purse. That's the first thing a perp is going to go for. Now they have your firearm!!

19. Spyderco1116

Spyderco1116 Loaded Pockets

To reply to the question... I am actually going to order the Fatboy GTG tonight. I'll keep my little first aid kit in it, trail mix, phone, keys, drink, sunglasses, some paracord perhaps for when I'm bored and want to make a key fob or something, an ipod, etc... Basically everyday stuff. And if I know I'm going to be in the car with the Fatboy I'll house my Springfield Armory XD40 sub in there too! May even use it as a range bag as well...

20. Wolvee

Wolvee Loaded Pockets

I hate carrying off body but I usually put my P226 TacOps with 5 mags in my Mongo. (For those that don't know, Maxped bags are always smaller than they appear.)