1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What fountain pen carries a ton of ink?

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by Eidah, May 8, 2009.

1. Eidah

Eidah Empty Pockets

What fountain pen carries a ton of ink?

Preferably something well built and will hold up for a long time.

Thanks

2. Rocket Jones

Rocket Jones Empty Pockets

Any piston-filler will hold more ink than a pen that uses cartridges or a converter. I only have one piston-filler, a German Reform 1475 (I think that's the number). Fairly inexpensive, impressive quality, and seems to go forever between refills.

3. Kris

Kris Loaded Pockets

Pelikan fountain pens.... huge ink reservoir and very good build quality ...they're German

4. Eidah

Eidah Empty Pockets

Thanks for the info guys. What pelikan should I go for? which one carries the most ink?

Is there anything else?

5. Rocket Jones

Rocket Jones Empty Pockets

The Pelikan line goes like 200, 300 and so on up to 800 I believe. Each number model is a bit larger and more expensive than the last. These are well built, great writing pens, but they're not cheap.

I'd really suggest finding a store where you can try holding a few to figure out which ones fit your hand best. For me, a 400 is perfect, the 200 is a tad too small to be comfortable, and above the 400 is too big for my hand.

6. attorneyadrian

attorneyadrian Loaded Pockets

7. PenRx

PenRx Loaded Pockets

The Pelikan line goes from 150 to 1000, there are many different models in the middle, but basically the 150, 200, and 400 are the exact same size. The 600 is slightly larger, the 800 is rather large and the 1000 is massive. There are others in the line, like the 405, 450, Niagara (modeled on a 600 body) but the main ones are the 200, 400, 600, 800 and 1000.

Eye dropper pens acutally hold the most ink, there is nothing in the barrel other than ink resevoir. Dani Trio makes some really nice ones, but be prepared to drop some serious coin. Most of the major makers have piston fill pens, which is my favorite filling method. Piston pens are clean, reliable and easy to flush out. Aurora, Delta, Montblanc, Omas, Visconti all make piston fill pens (or in Viscontis case, power vacuum fillers).

Cheers,
    Sean

8. Tuxedomoon

Tuxedomoon Empty Pockets

most ink for money = lamy 2000

holds much more ink than the pelikan 600 and is btw the best edc-able fountainpen money can buy.
    besides the ink capacity it has a hooded nib, outstanding design and never leaks, even if you drop it on the floor. O0

9. speedmaster

speedmaster Loaded Pockets

Lamy 2000, and Pelikan M800/M1000.

10. Tuxedomoon

Tuxedomoon Empty Pockets

and btw the ink in the 2000 doesnt fade away without using it like in the pelikans