1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What flashlight's on your hit list and why?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by azpops, Jun 29, 2013.

1. azpops

azpops Loaded Pockets

There's a couple I have in my radar;

!st is a Surefire EB1 with the LX2 style tactical tail cap (love the LX2 UI)! The reason why is, I think this would be a great light to have when I have my "I want to carry something different today".

[​IMG]

2nd would be Jason Hui's Dark Sucks Alpha Ready Made. I love the build of Jason's lights, plus he's just a great guy to do business with. I'd carry the "Ready Made" when Calvin and I head out for our walks, since it's pure flood (looking for rattlers), but still throws as well.

[​IMG]

So what's on your "would like to buy one of these days" list?

Last edited by azpops, Jun 29, 2013
    scbubba and keith1234 like this.
  2. Jerry L

Jerry L EDC Junkie!!!!!

I want an olight s10.I like the size and looks of it and need something a brighter the my olight i3s to keep in my bag

3. Varmitslayer

Varmitslayer Loaded Pockets

I want a maratac AA in copper. I'm in need of something smaller than my fenix pd32 and I think the copper looks pretty awesome.

warchild and Jerry L like this.
  4. adnj

adnj Loaded Pockets

I'm about to pull the trigger on a few Nitecore SRT3s and 7s. LiIon batteries with infinitely variable 500 and 900 lumens. Legendary Nitecore quality and overpricing, too. :-D

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Avenal likes this.
  5. WilsonCQB1911

WilsonCQB1911 Loaded Pockets

Where are you seeing the srt3?

6. Domain

Domain Loaded Pockets

I need either a Fenix E05 or an LD01. I want a AAA light to fit in my Leatherman sheath.

warchild likes this.
  7. KAMM
    • In Omnia Paratus

KAMM Loaded Pockets

I'd like to own a dark sucks light. Really just to say I've owned one. I hear they're great lights but never really had the funds to get one.....and I have a haiku.......there's no need for another light. :)

SAKplumber likes this.
  8. cowsmilk

cowsmilk EDC Junkie!!!!!

I would have to agree with this statement.

KAMM likes this.
  9. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

Well, I literally had nothing on my list Monday, came across this on Tues and, well..... here it is. Reasons for me:

- AA NiMh compatibility is a must... all my portable EDC/travel/emergency electronics are based around Eneloops
    - Low lumen lover here, its got a sub-lumen and 15 lumen mode, very rare in a power thrower
    - About as compact as you can get for a 1k lumen thrower

[​IMG]

I don't really need it, throwers and distance viewing tends to be purely optional, show-off "toys" for me, but what the heck, it rounds out my AA/sub-lumen collection.

Nothing else on my list...... for now ;-)

10. Theron

Theron Loaded Pockets

Quantum D2...it's just cool.

KAMM likes this.
  11. VKX

VKX Loaded Pockets

All I have right now is a Preon and I don't particularly like it.

My kit is going to be turning shiny with two silver alox (Rambler and Farmer) on me all the time so I'm looking for a high powered metal clicky pocket light, and a backup light. Sunwayman V10R Ti (or Ti+?) fits perfectly but it's expensive. Quantum D2 will be the backup light for sure just because of cool factor.

There are other lights that I want, but once I have a primary and backup I can't see myself spending money on lights for a good long time. Too many other holes to fill in my gear selection.

azpops likes this.
  12. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

I'm going to get the Sunwayman V10Ti+ with an extension tube for AA...soon...

KAMM likes this.
  13. azpops

azpops Loaded Pockets

Yeah, I agree that we usually don't really need another light, but this one is a completely different animal from one of Don's lights. So it should complement your Haiku when carrying both lights.

One other thing is Jason in now including his extremely well designed / robust Ti pocket clip with the "Ready Made". The well thought out placement of the clip allows the owner to deep carry the light bezel down in your front pocket.

KAMM likes this.
  14. persco

persco Loaded Pockets

I'd like to own an HDS titanium. Henry told me they're going to start the titanium project in several months after HDS is more caught up on the current back log. I'll be all over the ti HDS when it comes out. I would also love it if Jason (DarkSucks/Prometheus) made a Blue Label titanium version. Among the more available sorts of lights, I am drooling over a McGizmo 6V Makai and a TNC 18350 P60 titanium host (ideally with a Mac's Customs XP-G2 P60 drop-in). But collecting custom ti lights is an expensive hobby, so for now drooling is all I can do...

misterS likes this.
  15. cowsmilk

cowsmilk EDC Junkie!!!!!

You might be able to get a bespoke light in titanium from Dark Sucks. Pricey though.:)

16. persco

persco Loaded Pockets

I don't think Jason is set up to work in Titanium, which is the major reason he doesn't produce ti lights. I think I remember him saying he'd have to find an outside shop to do it. Oh, well... a man can dream!

17. cowsmilk

cowsmilk EDC Junkie!!!!!

Well he is making titanium pens now on his brand new CNC machine, so he might be able to do it soon.:)

And I agree with the dreaming part. A Ti, Dark Sucks light would be cool.

persco likes this.
  18. KAMM
    • In Omnia Paratus

KAMM Loaded Pockets

He's blue line lights are TI...I think....

Edit: I think I'm wrong

19. azpops

azpops Loaded Pockets

Ain't that the truth! As well as other areas that has (as in priorities) to be filled!

20. adnj

adnj Loaded Pockets

They are in pre-order currently. Not sure when the will ship but it can't be much longer.