1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What flashlight sits on your nightstand when you go to bed?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by dmattaponi, Jan 23, 2016.

1. weklund

weklund Loaded Pockets

IMHO ... no way is this light overkill. As I mentioned, light press of the flashing switch will deliver a very low 6 lumens of neutral white light which is very pleasing to sleepy eyes and night time navigation.

If I need to respond to something outside, the Niwalker MM15 will deliver an ultra wide angle wall of flood that will light up my entire yard and blind anything that may be unlucky enough to be on the receiving end.

I am a long time flashaholic so I have many lights to choose from and IMHO the Niwalker Mini MM15 is a "do-it-all" for a versatile bedside companion.

As far as standby ... this light will remain in standby for a very long time and also offers a lock out mode via triple click to place in standby which will last for a few years without a recharge.

Recharging is relative. Depends on how long you run the light at each output level.

The switch has a built in red led that will alert you to low voltage and let you know that it is time to recharge the batteries.

I usually top off the charge on my 4 X 3400mAh 18650 Li batteries every couple of months.

You need to see this light in person ... a true mind blowing powerhouse with tons of utility.

Perfect ... :)

Last edited by weklund, Jan 25, 2016
  2. GQP

GQP Loaded Pockets

I have flashlights in every room except maybe one of the bathrooms.

My Nightstand - Surefire G2X and a TLR-1 on my Glock 17
    Wife's Nightstand - I think she has some type of Nebo right now. She's good about having one, but she misplaces them and just grabs something else from my flashlight drawer.
    Also in bedroom - KSG with a mounted Surefire G2X

There is an Olight S15R siting in its charger next to the back door. Some type of 4Sevens hanging on a hook at the front door.

Looking at one of my gadget caddies next to my desk in my office and I see a Maglite LED Pro, My Inova X1 EDC, some generic hardware light and a tactical light from Primary Arms.

There is a kitchen drawer that has an assortment of different lights, tea candles and probably two dozen chem lights.

For indoor use, I try to stick with things between 100 and 300 lumen. Anything brighter bounces off the walls and ceiling too much and absolutely kills my natural night vision.

3. Tru7h

Tru7h Loaded Pockets

Just a Fenix E20. It gets goofy and turns off randomly if it's in low mode, but it's rock solid reliable and pours light out like a firehose when the head is screwed down tight in high mode. Exactly what I want in a bedside light.

4. surefire7

surefire7 Loaded Pockets

My bright friend p12 with 1000l or my little friend Olight S10 along with the Ruger SR40c.

5. dmattaponi

dmattaponi Loaded Pockets

Thanks for playing along everyone. It's neat to see what others keep handy.

weklund, twin63 and keith1234 like this.
  6. Tornado

Tornado Loaded Pockets

For me it's my edc light ZL SC52w L2 and Nitecore EC2 as a backup.

[​IMG]

7. Nighted
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nighted Loaded Pockets

ThruNite Archer 1C V2. Gotta love the firefly mode in conjunction with the mode memory.

weklund, twin63 and dmattaponi like this.
  8. de Vries
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

de Vries EDC Junkie!!!

I've got no flashlight on my nightstand.

I do have a spare Inova which fits the bill.

weklund, keith1234 and dmattaponi like this.
  9. 313

313 Uber Prepared

Nothing yet.. But I've a couple of cheap-o 3xAA camping lanterns waiting in the mail. Should be useful in the frequent power outages we get. One of 'em will stay on my night stand.

M

weklund, keith1234 and dmattaponi like this.
  10. dml24

dml24 Loaded Pockets

A Fenix E12 gets around the house and nightstand duties. The high of 125 lumens is more than enough for any room and mid level is most often used.

A UST 30 lantern is in the bedroom waiting for use in case of a prolonged power outage.

11. gatorbait1872

gatorbait1872 Loaded Pockets

I have a 2D LED maglite. I figure if I run out of ammo I can still crack skulls!

12. KevinB

KevinB Loaded Pockets

13. earthman

earthman EDC Junkie!!!

Thanks for the feedback, maybe one day I'll get one, if I did I'd have to invest in another set of batteries for this monster because sods law says that the current set would need a recharge when I need that torch the most. Lol

I know what you mean about a low light output and sleepy eyes, I find my Thrunite Ti3 great for that.

weklund, Gallows and keith1234 like this.
  14. dmattaponi

dmattaponi Loaded Pockets

Received my two Thrunite TN4A’ today. I got both the Cool White and Neutral White versions, because I wasn’t sure which I would like better. I plan to use one as a bedroom nightstand flashlight, and the second as a family flashlight stored somewhere in proximity to the main entrance of the house for walking the dog, power outages, etc. To look at them, they seem to be very nice flashlights, and I’m not sure which I am going to prefer in regard to tint. They both have very nice fit and finish, and appear to be in good working order. For a price of only $49.95 each, they seem rather nice, and I hope this holds true to the actual performance and durability of these lights. The holster and the lanyard are nice additions. At a glance, I couldn’t be more satisfied. Now, to just wait until dark to see how they really perform. Below is a stock picture. It actually appears noticeably smaller than it does in the picture.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by dmattaponi, Jan 27, 2016
    weklund, Ben Rubinstein and Gallows like this.
  15. IHateBottleOpeners

IHateBottleOpeners EDC Junkie!!!!!

My Nitecore Tube is all I need, but just in case, I have my Olight S1 sticked on my bed with it's magnet.

weklund, Gallows and dmattaponi like this.
  16. Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo Loaded Pockets

Currently the Nitecore P25.
    [​IMG]

weklund, Bowman1911, Gallows and 2 others like this.
  17. whoppo

whoppo Loaded Pockets

18. Rizzle O

Rizzle O Loaded Pockets

Mag lite 2D LED

[​IMG]

19. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

Quark 123 with tail switch very close and a very nice Chinese LED light if I need bright.

weklund and dmattaponi like this.
  20. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

scríbhneoir Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

My E2L Outdoorsman and little gold FourSevens Preon...one is none...

weklund and dmattaponi like this.