1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What flashlight sits on your nightstand when you go to bed?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by dmattaponi, Jan 23, 2016.

1. dmattaponi

dmattaponi Loaded Pockets

I've often seen threads asking what gun a person keeps bedside, but there doesn't seem to be so much chatter about what light a person keeps there for power outages and for other night time possibilities. Currently, I keep my Fenix E12 with lanyard on the nightstand, and it sees a lot of use. I'm expecting the delivery of a Thrunite TN4A this week that I'm hoping will make an even better nightstand light. For me, I feel like an easy to reach flashlight is an essential when I go to bed, and I sleep better knowing it's there. Be interested to know who feels the same, and what if any lights you all keep handy (and maybe why you find them so handy) for bedside purposes?

Attributes I want in such a light are...the potential for very long runtimes on low light settings, and a nice balance of lumens levels from a nice low to very bright that will handle a variety of possible tasks...simplicity of AA batteries. My EDC flashlight is a Fenix LD09. It's put in a drawer with my other daily carried stuff at night, and doesn't see any use. I try to keep it fresh should I need it while out and about.

Last edited by dmattaponi, Jan 24, 2016
  2. geekandwife

geekandwife Loaded Pockets

On dresser is my EDC light a 2xAA 263/37 lumen light. In my night stand is a 2xC 271/37 lumen light. Also on my dresser is a E05 from fenix on my key ring. In every closet and room of the house is at least 2 of the super cheap 3 led 3xAAA (free harbor freight and giveaway) lights. These are checked twice a year to make sure they work. They are just there as hand out lights if there is a power failure. I am never more than 5 yards from a couple of them. I have a lot more lights in diffrent places but these are my primary ones and will get me though any bump in the night/power outage.

3. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

Mine is an older 4Sevens Quark AA2 with a neutral tint. I leave it set for moonlight mode. The combination of the neutral tint and low lumens is really easy on dark adapted vision. A quick twist of the bezel gets me around 200lm if needed.

4. Darth_Firebolt

Darth_Firebolt Loaded Pockets

my SC52 and H52. I have a thrunite ti3 cw clipped to my underwear band. excessive? probably.

5. Ben Rubinstein

Thrunite TN12 (2014) in the bedside drawer. Spare battery also.

6. HalJordon

HalJordon Banned

2015 Nitecore P12.

7. weklund

weklund Loaded Pockets

Nitecore EC25W with flashing blue indicator. Awesome little light with excellent UI.

[​IMG]

8. les snyder

les snyder Loaded Pockets

Solar Force L2M with XP-G 18650 .... Solar Force M3 (XM-L2) head with 3 x cr123

[​IMG]

9. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Surefire G2 on nitestand

Titan T1A on dresser.

10. Here Comes The BOOM

Here Comes The BOOM EDC Junkie!!!!!

I usually put my core EDC (knife, light (olight S1) and lighter on the nightstand when I go to bed, but I also keep my former EDC light (olight S10) and back up light there (Quantum DD) simply because I haven't found a better place to put them.

11. rangetroop

rangetroop Loaded Pockets

Ok, confession time,
    On the floor next to my bed within easy reach is, from Left to Right-
    Nitecore SRT7, Spyderco PM2, Phone, Zebralight SC53w.

The ZL is my EDC and is what I normally grab and the Nitecore just lives there for those :censored: moments. (Which I hope remain rare to non-existant)

12. kensington

kensington Loaded Pockets

I sleep with my minimum on person, gun, knife and light. Light is currently the Fenix PD22vn. Wife has a cheesy Costco Duracell in the bedstand drawer but there is a Fenix PD35 in the bedside safe with her Ruger SR9c w/17rd mag. Other lights, lamps sprinkled throught the house at every door.

13. weklund

weklund Loaded Pockets

I also keep My Niwalker MiniMax bedside along with my Kimber Compact .45​
    Soft press switch and you get a warm floody 6 lumens of light ... easy on the sleepy eyes.​
    Hard press for instant 5000+ lumens of blinding light.​
    Flashing green locator light makes it easy to find in the dark.​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by weklund, Jan 24, 2016
  14. twoisone
    • In Omnia Paratus

twoisone EDC Junkie!!!

15. IMightBeWrong

IMightBeWrong Loaded Pockets

Elzetta Alpha Rotary. It actually has a neutral tint and isn't too throwy nor too floody. It's also not so absurdly bright that I'm concerned with blinding myself with it in the middle of the night.

16. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

I have a Prometheous Blue Label on my night stand. [​IMG]

17. Lellobeetle

Lellobeetle Loaded Pockets

Since my husband swiped my Nitecore EC20 as his night table flashlight, I got myself a Ti4:

[​IMG]

18. Ben Rubinstein

Wooooooooooooow

Lellobeetle likes this.
  19. Ray Loftis

Ray Loftis Loaded Pockets

I keep an old four cell maglight on floor next tony bed (10 years) it can serve as a club if I'm too drousey to activate my knives.
    Lighting around the parameter of the house has sensors to pre warn of intruder. Other flashlights and stockpile of candles available in case of black out. Be prepared! The scouting way!

Sent from my iPhone
    Ghostprepper

20. archimedes

archimedes EDC Junkie!!!

Main flashlight is SureFire A2 with an calipsoii MultiMode ring custom mod.

The mod allows it to run safely on rechargeables, and provides a choice of cyan and/or amber 5mm LED output, with programmable output levels, via softpress(es) . Hardpress activates the incandescent lamp at full output ( ~50 lumens ) .

Backup is an aluminum McGizmo PD-S.

Softpress for low, hardpress for high. Just like the SF A2 above, low or high can be locked on with a twist (of the bezel for the McGizmo, versus the tailcap of the SureFire) .

Both will instantly go to high with a press of the switch, if locked on low, and stay in high while the switch is momentarily held.

0880, NKlamerus, twin63 and 4 others like this.