1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What FAK pouch to put on belt?

Discussion in 'First Aid Station' started by Redneck Bear, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Redneck Bear

Redneck Bear Loaded Pockets

Hi,

do you use any kind of belt pouch to carry FAK when going somewhere in casual clothes (jeans, jackets, sweater, t-shirt etc.) without a bag? In my backpack I've got a dry-sack-like kind of FAK pouch but without the bag all I have is my survival kit with blister bandaids and some allergy-, stomach- and pain-medicine. It's really small in an Energit (similar to Altoids) can, but I'd like something larger.

I also have the OneTigris phone-pen-whatever pouch but it's both too small and (when full) too bulky ...

Ideas will be welcomed! :)

2. 343KD

343KD Loaded Pockets

Redneck Bear likes this.
  3. ParacordMan1220

ParacordMan1220 Loaded Pockets

I've been looking at the HSGI Bleeder Blowout ouch. I seems smaller than others, so it'll hold enough without being super bulky.. at least I think. I'm thinking maybe it'll be concealable appendix IWB?

Redneck Bear likes this.
  4. gazz98

gazz98 Loaded Pockets

Redneck Bear likes this.
  5. JoshTF

JoshTF Loaded Pockets

I have one I've used for some time. It's a good piece of kit and smaller then most IFAK sized bleeder kits on the market in the same class but I wouldn't consider it concealable or even for standalone EDC out side of a bag or pack. I can get so,e size pictures if you need.

6. ParacordMan1220

ParacordMan1220 Loaded Pockets

Yeah, if you get a chance, I'd like to see

Redneck Bear likes this.
  7. JoshTF

JoshTF Loaded Pockets

It's early and the wife and kid are still asleep so I don't want to be chucking gear around waking people up so these are some older pictures I took that should still give you a good idea of the size and abilities of the pouch, if you need more just ask.

Close up picture.

[​IMG]

And a gear picture that should give you an idea of the size, for reference that is a full sized Glock 17 next to the pouch, also yes the dog is an important piece of kit. ;)

[​IMG]

It's a no frills pouch that will hold just enough stuff in it to keep your liquid parts inside long enough to find a professional with a hospital and life saving staff on hand. Not shown but inside the kit is a roll of kerlix, one Israeli bandage, a Nasopharyngeal airway tube, EMT shears, disposable gloves, and a SOF-TT ranger banded to the outside.
    The only thing I wish it had was a small spot for a roll of medical tape.

I personally really like it and want to get a few more just to make up more IFAK style kits that are ready to go and can be easily thrown in a bag or glove box.

Redneck Bear likes this.