1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What EDC Camera do you use???

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by Henrique, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Ben Rubinstein

The sensor is incredible, the rest of the camera is very much beta version, the mkII version of the camera is what this one should have been build, features, focus and ergonomics wise.

2. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

Nice, my lug-around-when-theres-potentially-something-to-photograph is a g12 and if i dont carry that i have the beater sx240 on me (not really good for outstanding quality images, more for that funky little zoom lens) I have a weak-spot for uncomfortably large canon 'compacts'

Ben Rubinstein and Tornado like this.
  3. Tornado

Tornado Loaded Pockets

Good to see another Canon G-series user. It's a nice camera to use. Okay so it doesn't hold a candle on these 'full frame' monsters from Sony Canon or Nikon but still takes good photos.

Ben Rubinstein likes this.
  4. Gilatabar
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gilatabar Loaded Pockets

5. Westerdutch

It a VERY nice camera to use! Unfortunatly mine isnt exactly compact anymore with all the presents i bought for it....

[​IMG]

But i could take all that off if i wanted to and still have a reasonably compact camera....

And its true that it doesn't compare to the big sensor boys but, well, its not a big sensor camera! Comparing even a good compact to an entry level exchangeable lens camera is comparing apples to electricity. And sure, there's more compact cameras that give you equal or better performance but i just love these 'g's.

6. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Count me in!

I carry this one everywhere.
    I had a much nicer one too but would never carry it so this is the one that I kept so I could beat on it really.

If its not broke,why fix it?

Taking its pic with the phone is another thing though?[​IMG]

Tornado likes this.
  7. Tornado

Tornado Loaded Pockets

Wow you really went all out on the gadgets. Even though mine sometimes has a wireless flash trigger or a corded shutter remote attached to it, it's usually just the bare camera when out and about. There are a few things that I like about the G-series that, atleast a few years ago, wasn't that easy to find in compact cameras, like the chunkier body or the exp comp and ISO dials.

8. Tornado

Tornado Loaded Pockets

Yay! Another G-user. We're taking over the thread now. I imagine taking phone pics is okay if you have a good camera on it, mine does not. I even dislike the ergonomics when using the phone as a camera.

9. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Loaded Pockets

The Coolpix S01. It's carried and used for work five days a week. I bought it about three years ago and have only charged it once :) The time it takes to transfer photos from the camera keeps it topped up.

[​IMG]

This is what I use when I want to lug around a full size camera.

[​IMG]

Tornado and Ben Rubinstein like this.
  10. nitevision

nitevision Loaded Pockets

I usually carry my Ricoh GR since it's the only one that fits in my jacket. Currently contemplating a Sony RX100MkIII purchase but can't seem to justify it though...

11. Westerdutch

Same here, I have huge hands so small cameras simply don't agree with me. I've owned an s90 and still have an sx240 but it just feels like I'm pinching a box of matches. I also am an absolute sucker for the dials, just love to be able to get my settings right even before turning on the camera and not having to deal with menus all the time.

Tornado and Ben Rubinstein like this.
  12. DuncMan

DuncMan Loaded Pockets

Fuji X100 for me with one of Luigi's leather half cases and a Footprint bridle leather strap.

[​IMG]

13. Ben Rubinstein

Drool. I had one of those quick releases for my Sony, it ripped the entire shutter release off. The Sony's are not built very well.

Tornado likes this.
  14. DuncMan

DuncMan Loaded Pockets

Ouch! That sucks. This one is fixed focal and slightly bigger than optimal to carry everywhere but I keep it in my shoulder bag and the images that it produces are just stunning. This camera is the closest I've found to emulating the feel of a Leica M image and for that reason I put up with the rest.

15. DuncMan

DuncMan Loaded Pockets

This one is on my short list to add to my bag.

Gilatabar likes this.
  16. Ben Rubinstein

Can I be nasty? My friend has the X100T, man but that's a nice camera! :p

DuncMan likes this.
  17. DuncMan

DuncMan Loaded Pockets

LOL! I'd love one but can't justify upgrading at the moment. Life is not allowing me to do much photography at the moment and TBH, the X100 does everything I need. Still want the "T" version, just don't "need" it. :uhhuh:

18. Ben Rubinstein

Me neither, it's been a year or so since my last 'serious' photograph. :(

19. DuncMan

DuncMan Loaded Pockets

Yeah, I go in phases. I have a blog at thirtyfivemill.com where I post some of my images for posterity. I go through phases of "product" type photography with a Nikon D300s, mostly macro shots of watches and EDC related stuff. Then I'll flip over to the X100 and spend some time in nature. And sometimes I'll just be too consumed by other stuff and work. I've learnt to relax and not stress it, though. Also had to learn to quit falling in love with equipment and keep falling in love with photography. Stay off the photography forums for the latter.. :rofl:

20. Highbinder

Highbinder Loaded Pockets

Of course you want it. Fuji is the sexiest camera maker! I'm choking to get my mitts on the new X-Pro 2, it's going to be a beast! But like you, I'm finding it hard to justify.

DuncMan and Ben Rubinstein like this.